Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Partial loss of H520 control

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to use the H520 for the first time on a customer job. It was a simple job taking static photos of a building site. There were no workers on site at the time so I felt confident I could deal with any issues should they arise.
I did all my usual checks:
  • compass calibrated (I was 45 miles from the last compass calibration location)
  • windspeed 4 knots
  • temp 10c
  • KP index 2
  • sunny
  • 19 satellites locked
Everything seemed perfect. Started the motors, all sounded good.
Took off to 10m height, checked controls and found that the craft would increase altitude fine, but decreasing it was slow. I then noticed that if I returned the left stick to the centre position the craft would automatically climb. If I held the stick fully down it would descend very slowly.
I finally got it on the ground but couldn't disarm the motors. All I could do was hold the left stick down to keep it on the ground!
Eventually, after about 10 minutes, it let me stop the motors. Scary experience, thankfully the client wasn't standing next to me!

Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this?

I'm using the latest 1.1.11(EU) firmware, and DataPilot v1.1.21. Compass & accelerometer were recalibrated after installing the firmware a week ago.

Thanks,
Gavin

As you seem to have problems with the controls, check the ST16S first. Check trims and controls monitor. Without touching the sticks, their values must be centered. It could be a failure of the left stick, it's happening to more people.

Follow this procedure. Tell us what's up.

H520 - Calibrate ST16S sticks and controls

You could try getting the telemetry from the controller and see what it tells you or post it up in here someone will help with that and once that's checked I would redo the firmware update again from yuneecs website incase it's a glitch

Thanks guys. I'm going to try getting the telemetry info today. I'll also check the ST16S stick calibration.

I had exactly the same thing happen.
I ended up having to remove the battery while the 6 spinning knives where trying to slash my wrists.
I kinda felt like the Fonz jumping over the shark on a set of skis (in case you aren't old enough to get the reference then here you go.
)

Anyway. I rebooted and did another calibration this time slowly and continued in the clockwise direction at all times. Took it slowly and it was all ok.
Remember to return all sticks and sliders to their centre position before you finish the stick calibrations. Learnt that the hard way too.

Hadn't had an issue since then. And that was on the original H520 US version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdvaikTasteofPurity