Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Payload Deployment

Reaction score
looking to see if anyone has built a payload deplyment system for the H. Looking to take my H out Fishing, and also utilizing it for Fire Rescue. looking to do a drop system for the H. I was looking around to see if there is any hardware inside that is linked to the aux button that i could utilize it, however it looks like it is just a dead button. So, Who uses their drone for some Fishing?

looking to see if anyone has built a payload deplyment system for the H. Looking to take my H out Fishing, and also utilizing it for Fire Rescue. looking to do a drop system for the H. I was looking around to see if there is any hardware inside that is linked to the aux button that i could utilize it, however it looks like it is just a dead button. So, Who uses their drone for some Fishing?
The AUX button can not be programmed, but here is a link to get you started on amazon Amazon.com : Payload release for Drones (Compact) : Camera & Photo

Just use the landing gear. Leave them down until you get to the drop point. Raise them at the drop point to release whatever you had hanging from a spanning device resting on the bottom skids.

Somewhere on internet I saw a simple 'tiphook" device. It is activated by tipping the drone very slightly,so not much of a bend in the hook IE:going forward to target area then hit reverse.Keith
I like the landing gear idea

all you need is a stick with a hook on one end put it on one landing leg put the hook on one landing leg put the load on the center of the stick lift the legs up the load will fall off the stick.

They work well for carrying a hook and line out to be dropped in a spot. The catching part should be done with a rod and reel.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Hi Fellow Yuneec Owners, a happy new year to all members.
I have been using my H for fishing after I had it 2 months,first photo is of the brass wire jig that I made to fit between the legs and mount in some holes that I drilled through the inside wing. You flew it out with the rear towards you, when you saw what you liked or far enough you turned it around and backed away and the line with a swivel clip pulled off the hook and dropped, then you flew it back in and loaded up another one of your mates rods and bait and repeated it. I had no accidents but thought out a better system for attachment to the legs and the photos are self explanatory. You slip your clip swivels on the red heat shrink and head out and once you are at the good spot you lift the legs and the bait and tackle drop and you fly back in and repeat. I have also seen what you can carry like this and the H has lifted a 600 ml plastic coke bottle full of water and flown with it but 5 minutes max, motors are hot. But it works and no need for extra buttons to connect etcetera.
I hope that this helps with your endeavors.
Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass View attachment 19965View attachment 19965View attachment 1996520200126_105422.jpg20200126_104214.jpg20200126_104312.jpgView attachment 1996520200126_105422.jpg20200126_104214.jpg20200126_104312.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval