Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Picture Quality

I don't care what others say, the camera can produce some really nice footage.
It is not perfect but if you have a good focus one I have seen some really nice stuff.

Admittedly it bothers me that the RAW is not 50MB/s and they need to address that.

Reactions: vicg
Distortion across the FoV, its only sharp and somewhat low distortion in the middle, about .5EV over exposed. Lots of issues
The over exposed is me. I edited them with Lightroom. So are you saying that the camera is defectice or that is just how the camera is on the H?

The over exposed is me. I edited them with Lightroom. So are you saying that the camera is defectice or that is just how the camera is on the H?
It is not defective, you are fine, just need some fine tuning, pre and post editing !;)

Has anyone ever seen DerStig's videos and photographs? I wish he would post some along with a web site of his work. He seems to know so much I'm sure we could benefit greatly by viewing what he's done with all this knowledge. I asked him to do this last week for us but I guess he's too busy with his critiques of other peoples work to show us his own.

www.michaelkienitz.com

Reactions: gregreh and vicg
It depends on how picky you are being and what your benchmark is.

If I want to be picky I can tear apart almost any video or photo. If you benchmark on these cameras is that high then you should not be using these cameras. These cameras are on a $1300 rig. A good camera alone will cost more than that.

You cannot compare the footage of what these fairly cheap fixed focal length cameras produce to an expensive camera. That is just lame.

You can compare them to others in the same class, sure but I think overall when the camera is in focus, it produces nice footage.
Professional footage, NO, but nice.

It depends on how picky you are being and what your benchmark is.

If I want to be picky I can tear apart almost any video or photo. If you benchmark on these cameras is that high then you should not be using these cameras. These cameras are on a $1300 rig. A good camera alone will cost more than that.

You cannot compare the footage of what these fairly cheap fixed focal length cameras produce to an expensive camera. That is just lame.

You can compare them to others in the same class, sure but I think overall when the camera is in focus, it produces nice footage.
Professional footage, NO, but nice.
Thanks for the input. I thought they looked ok but this is my first drone. My expertise is with my Nikon D750. I just have to quit comparing the two. lol

Fine like mine! No issue!
To us the H camera is OK and when is not compare with dji P4camera our video look OK,but if two video take from H and dji put together we will see the difference, since our H is cclassifieds same grade as P4 at least the video quality must be about the same.......

So with all the bad press for the Typhoon H camera would some of you with experience let me know what you think of these.

You're lens is not bad. You have the blurry left side (which is typical) and you have a touch of blur on the bottom center, but overall the lens is acceptable. Your photos are all over exposed, but you could easily fix that in any photo editor.

They are overexposed but I did not comment on that because that is easily corrected in post. "Usually." i:)i
I did not look that close for the focus and sharpness etc....

Yes, a little bright (overexposed). I really miss having a histogram on the ST-16.................. maybe they will add one in a future update.

Hi Guys,

...just got 'thrown off' a shoot due to poor images - a fruit farm for which the owner was hoping to see his rapidly ripening fruit stocks.
Can anyone confirm if this 'quality' is it - I mean if you try & zoom in, the image just pixelates itself into oblivion.
If this is the best you can expect from a TH/CGO3+, then sadly I think its 'game over'....YUN00036.jpg

It's pretty difficult to obtain a good clarity from an over exposed image. Easy to lighten one a little under exposed and retain quality but going the other direction is pretty tough. Toss in an over crop and it's game over.

What did you have the camera and video resolution set to? Aside from the camera settings I'll suggest shooting away from the sun, not into it, using an ND filter, and getting closer to the subject matter. The problem you are experiencing is not because of the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are you shooting in manual or auto... for maximum control of your image, you should get comfortable with using manual settings.

15875136_561709604028410_1530896130730498626_o.jpg

I'm pretty content with mine at the moment I think.

Very nice, would like to see the full resolution 12 MP version...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval