Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pix4Dcapture comes to Yuneec H520

You're right, but if the people who give the drone functionalities, the guys who develop PX4 don't implement it, nothing can be done. All indications are that they're working on it. Pix4DCapture as well as DataPilot is an interface that allows you to program what the drone has to do, but if the drone is not able to do it, it is worthless to be given orders that it is not able to follow. I don't know if I've been able to explain it properly o_O

Pix4D may be going to add it later. They may be pushed to realise it fast and it may missing some functionality that they hope to add later.
As long as a drone has rotation movement , left/right and forward it should not be a problem to get it to fly along a circled line. H520 can definitely do it. I flew my h520 manually staying on circled path with a camera pointing at my friend staying in a center of the circle. It is not easy to do it 100% right with a perfect circled path manually but with programming I cannot see any problems to do it.

Wingman, in Datapilot, we can also have angles.
You want a mission with the camera at 45 °, just create a first waypoint by setting the camera at 45 ° and then chain a survey and the camera will remain at 45 °.
For a zone with relief, it is enough to make a first survey which the camera will be at 90 °, to put a Waypoint where one puts the angle of the camera with 45 ° and to chain a new survey identical to the first but turned 90 ° to cross and the camera remains at 45 °.

Pix4D may be going to add it later. They may be pushed to realise it fast and it may missing some functionality that they hope to add later.
As long as a drone has rotation movement , left/right and forward it should not be a problem to get it to fly along a circled line. H520 can definitely do it. I flew my h520 manually staying on circled path with a camera pointing at my friend staying in a center of the circle. It is not easy to do it 100% right with a perfect circled path manually but with programming I cannot see any problems to do it.

I see I haven't been able to explain it properly. DataPilot or Pix4DCapture do nothing but create flight plans, create a list of commands that the drone then obeys.

The H520, through its firmware, is not able to make tangential waypoints, so when approaching one waypoint, it goes straight, stops, turns and advances to the next. As long as you are not able to do this, you cannot do circular or similar missions that involve a smooth, circular movement.

The drone does not calculate trajectories in real time, it does make corrections in real time. When you fly in manual YOU do calculate the trajectory in real time and give the orders to the drone. In order for the drone to be able to do that, a series of functions must be implemented that allow it to make those turns or tangential approaches and exits of a waypoint. That's what the PX4 guys have to implement. It does not depend on the route creation programs, it does not depend on DataPilot or Pix4DCapture.

Since I am new the the yuneec/drone world, can this software be installed/ even work on the st16 for the Typhoon H?

I have not had any problems finding it from my st16s. Here is a link to it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pix4d.pluginyuneec

Thanks, guys, but on the computer, it shows up for me, too. The problem is that the application, in the Play Store directly from the ST16S, does not appear to me. It's a problem we have a lot of people with. Play Store has a filter when it comes to displaying applications, I don't know exactly what it's based on, but it hides applications from devices that aren't able to work on those devices. Like the last update, we had to install the application by hand because it didn't appear in the Play Store. It's something weird, something that fails to publish the application, or I don't know.

I just tried it now and I'm still in the same situation, the Facebook groups are full of people with the same problem. The solution will be to publish the application directly, outside the Play Store and we can download and install it by hand in the ST16S. Or that from Yuneec they tell us what to do.

Jrod418, No it will not work, the h520 platform is completely different from the H and the android of the ST16s is 64 bit, that of the ST16, 32 bit so little hope to have compatible applications.

Jrod418, No it will not work, the h520 platform is completely different from the H and the android of the ST16s is 64 bit, that of the ST16, 32 bit so little hope to have compatible applications.

Thank you for the breakdown. I appreciate it.

Do a hard reset on ST16s and it will show up after you do that. Also keep in mind after you install control and open capture you have to be on a internet connected wifi to create or login to account

Thanks, guys, but on the computer, it shows up for me, too. The problem is that the application, in the Play Store directly from the ST16S, does not appear to me. It's a problem we have a lot of people with. Play Store has a filter when it comes to displaying applications, I don't know exactly what it's based on,

It is normally based on a version of Android installed but also can be based on some hardware, I believe it may also based on some manufacturers firmware.In you case something was telling Google Play that either your device or its hardware/firmware is not compatible with this app and that's why it was hidden in Google Play app.

Since it looks like you have installed it manually already then I guess it was just a glitch.

BTW, for those who does not know you can tell google to install most apps on your Android devices from your windows laptop/desktop and Google Play app page opened on a Windows based machine. Google just pushes that installation automatically on a selected device. When I gave you that link I was hopping that it could work for you this way.

It is normally based on a version of Android installed but also can be based on some hardware, I believe it may also based on some manufacturers firmware.In you case something was telling Google Play that either your device or its hardware/firmware is not compatible with this app and that's why it was hidden in Google Play app.

Since it looks like you have installed it manually already then I guess it was just a glitch.

BTW, for those who does not know you can tell google to install most apps on your Android devices from your windows laptop/desktop and Google Play app page opened on a Windows based machine. Google just pushes that installation automatically on a selected device. When I gave you that link I was hopping that it could work for you this way.

I'd tried it too, I'd tried everything I could think of. Two days of thinking about it. Not funny at all. And that's considering that I'm informatic, For many people without advanced knowledge, explaining how do all these steps is difficult. Doing a hard reset of the ST16S, as Corey pointed out, was the last feasible alternative, but it means having to reinstall everything again, even if it's not much. Something I personally don't like at all. For many people, reinstalling everything every time they have a problem is very normal, I am more of, seek the problem or the solution without having to do so.

Some time ago I read that some people had updated the Android version of the ST16S, but I couldn't find detailed information. I prefer to keep the device as delivered to avoid problems.

The solution of installing it by hand is a patch, we really don't know why it fails. But it happens to a lot of people from different countries. It is already in the hands of Yuneec or Pix4D (in this case) to publish the applications to be able to download them and do the installation by hand.

Well, the important thing? that we already have the way to do it in a simple way in a few steps and in a short time. Little by little and together we are working things out :)

I'd tried it too, I'd tried everything I could think of. Two days of thinking about it. Not funny at all. And that's considering that I'm informatic, For many people without advanced knowledge, explaining how do all these steps is difficult. Doing a hard reset of the ST16S, as Corey pointed out, was the last feasible alternative, but it means having to reinstall everything again, even if it's not much. Something I personally don't like at all. For many people, reinstalling everything every time they have a problem is very normal, I am more of, seek the problem or the solution without having to do so.

Some time ago I read that some people had updated the Android version of the ST16S, but I couldn't find detailed information. I prefer to keep the device as delivered to avoid problems.

The solution of installing it by hand is a patch, we really don't know why it fails. But it happens to a lot of people from different countries. It is already in the hands of Yuneec or Pix4D (in this case) to publish the applications to be able to download them and do the installation by hand.

Well, the important thing? that we already have the way to do it in a simple way in a few steps and in a short time. Little by little and together we are working things out :)
Location also affects what is shown in Google Play. Did you try a VPN app on the ST16S?

Location also affects what is shown in Google Play. Did you try a VPN app on the ST16S?

I didn't need it, many people with the same problem have tried it, from USA, UK, Spain, etc. and there was no way. It is not a problem that only affects me, it affects many people. What I didn't think to ask is when they bought the H520, to rule out any possible updates to the ST16S. I checked and it tells me I have the latest version of Android.

We released a new version that includes the support for both ST16S and ST16 controllers and you should be able to download the app from the Google Play Store now.

Keep in mind that, on Android, two apps are needed to use the automated flight planning features so make sure that both Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+Yuneec are installed on the controller. More here:
How to install Pix4Dcapture on Yuneec ST16 and ST16S

To get more information about Pix4Dcapture we invite you to have a look at our Knowledge Base and Community.

Let us know if you have any questions, we will be glad to answer them :)

Best,
Pix4D Support

Reactions: arruntus and 10-8
We released a new version that includes the support for both ST16S and ST16 controllers and you should be able to download the app from the Google Play Store now.

Keep in mind that, on Android, two apps are needed to use the automated flight planning features so make sure that both Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+Yuneec are installed on the controller. More here:
How to install Pix4Dcapture on Yuneec ST16 and ST16S

To get more information about Pix4Dcapture we invite you to have a look at our Knowledge Base and Community.

Let us know if you have any questions, we will be glad to answer them :)

Best,
Pix4D Support

Hi

I have uninstalled the two applications to start over. I still have the same problem. I search in Google Play and I can't find the application Ctrl+Yuneec. Exactly the same thing that happened until now.

When you talk about a new version you mean Ctrl+Yuneec or Pix4DCapture?

I see I haven't been able to explain it properly. DataPilot or Pix4DCapture do nothing but create flight plans, create a list of commands that the drone then obeys.

The H520, through its firmware, is not able to make tangential waypoints, so when approaching one waypoint, it goes straight, stops, turns and advances to the next. As long as you are not able to do this, you cannot do circular or similar missions that involve a smooth, circular movement.

The drone does not calculate trajectories in real time, it does make corrections in real time. When you fly in manual YOU do calculate the trajectory in real time and give the orders to the drone. In order for the drone to be able to do that, a series of functions must be implemented that allow it to make those turns or tangential approaches and exits of a waypoint. That's what the PX4 guys have to implement. It does not depend on the route creation programs, it does not depend on DataPilot or Pix4DCapture.

I think you explained admirably, Arruntus... both attempts! [emoji3]

Jeff

Reactions: arruntus
Can i ask why you left phantom?

I own a vehicular crash reconstruction company and we use these to create orthomosaics of crash scenes. At one point, we had 4 Phantoms (3 4's and 1 4 pro) I got fed up with DJI geofences and quizes to fly where I needed to fly. We have UAS licenses. Also, the DJIs would sometimes inexplicably just not want to fly, other times it would not load a flight until we had cycled power to it and the controller. Often, after flying a successful mission (we usually fly 3-4 duplicate missions) it would take off and hover and refuse to fly the second mission. I like the idea of 2 extra motors. I'm still learning the H520, but it seems to fly with a lot less effort and noise. I like the built in monitor. The video transmission range is far better. I could not get more than 500-600 feet out of the DJI without the images breaking up on the monitor, and on test flights with the H520, there have been no issues at all. I have yet to use the H520 in a real world job, I'm still learning. The DJI has worked well when it's worked, but we have spent a lot of time troubleshooting them. Basically, I felt we were ready to move on to the next level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss