Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Point Of Interest With H520

Won’t happen now the H Plus has been screamed out is my guess

This goes to a question I have: Is there now ANY reason to buy the H520 now? I thought I had done my research but now exploring this forum it seems like everyone hates their H520... I guess maybe I'll stick to DJI? I didn't really want to.

I wouldn't hate it if they added the features that should have been on from the word go and fix the distorted lens. Except for the over inflated price we paid compared to the H Plus

Reactions: Drones.scot
The H520 you are paying for the mapping DataPilot capability. If you want to map then 520, everything else looks to be H+ at least currently.

I love mine after only a couple flights!

The smooth lift-off “like butta” was a very pleasant surprise. How quiet was another, though after awhile I realized hearing it is more of a flight feedback mechanism than previously considered.

Maybe I am too optimistic but, I have plenty of faith in Yuneec and the pending advancements for the H520. Even more so BECAUSE of the H Plus announcement. Think similar platforms; similar possibilities. All in due time.

The machine does what I need it to do and hence the add to my growing fleet. More features and capabilities to come will only sweeten the deal.

Jeff

P.S. my challenge will be to resist the H Plus since I like my H520 so much!

I not sure on any more firmware for h520 due to the change log message on yuneec euro site. when the product maker site's word cleanup on any firmware on any of these types of products usually mean they are done completely with it.

I have flown a 520 with the beta version of the upcoming firmware and it 100% had POI, only it was called 'Region of interest' on the version that I used

The reason is simple, POI is an acronym used by DJI, in the firmwares based on PX4 has been called ROI from the beginning. It is the same functionality, although more advanced, but it has become widespread colloquially called that feature POI.

It is interesting to know that you have been able to try the beta version and that it is advancing. Thank you for sharing it with us :)

I don't think it's right that we have to be aware of things this way. Given the delay in receiving this and other functionalities on our aircraft, it would not be easier to liberalise them little by little. Correcting faults little by little. Having any official information? In this way, the widespread discomfort we have now would not be so.

Reactions: Kev Waite
It was on my test flight before I bought the 520, so I did not get to take away any output from it unfortunately.

Ah well here lies the problem, Yuneec employees were given a different firmware to what was going to be the release firmware. That version you saw is pie in the sky at this stage in time as we can clearly see from what was shipped on our release models

Ah well here lies the problem, Yuneec employees were given a different firmware to what was going to be the release firmware. That version you saw is pie in the sky at this stage in time as we can clearly see from what was shipped on our release models
It was Dan's 520 and he told me it was an early beta release of the next firmware update he was running, not an employee version that ours has been stripped from, it makes sense that the Yuneec pilots would beta fly releases before they go general release.

Reactions: arruntus
It was Dan's 520 and he told me it was an early beta release of the next firmware update he was running, not an employee version that ours has been stripped from, it makes sense that the Yuneec pilots would beta fly releases before they go general release.

Yes but Dan's version has not materialised in the 3.5 months I have had mine, even before I bought mine like you I knew his version had all the bells and whistles....One of the reasons I bought it, but he and Perry were also surprised it wasnt released with that firmware and so the thats where the saga started and unfortunately continues. They have to fix whats wrong first and then introduce new features.....maybe....or maybe not now the H Plus has been showcased.

After the money I have invested, if it does not materialise I will be devastated, as I sure as **** can't use it for everything I need it to do at the moment.

Reactions: Snagglesworth
Dan and other Yuneec employees, including some of those present in the forum, normally have access to and test beta versions. It's always done that way, they're beta testers. This is a completely normal procedure when developing new software. Early development is called the alpha version and when it advances further, it is called beta, which is just when the final touches are made before it is officially released.

Dan and other Yuneec employees, including some of those present in the forum, normally have access to and test beta versions. It's always done that way, they're beta testers. This is a completely normal procedure when developing new software. Early development is called the alpha version and when it advances further, it is called beta, which is just when the final touches are made before it is officially released.

You forgot Pre Alpha ;).

I have also just watched the funniest video regarding the H520 ever. I'll leave you all to search for it on Youtube as I dont think it'll be appreciated being posted here. Look hard, use a broad search criteria and you'll find it, you'll also be crying for days, I watched it an hour ago and i'm still laughing now, my mind keeps going back to it, like it does

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval