Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Point Of Interest With H520

I hope the KML import will read 3D data. A mission which follows ground can be exported from UgCS as KML . This would mean we can map from within thin datapilot and follow the ground levels. This would need some sort of override of the relative height to takeoff. Would need to set absolute datum. This could easily go wrong if you do not know what you are doing!! But for us professionals I am sure it won’t be an issue

did not say it go over well at all. I do not expect the hpro software to work on the h520 controller. and even if you could install it the h520 IMU may not work with it and unforeseen an unwanted issues could arise.

Just a thought

If the internal craft hardware of the H+ and H520 are similar, and H520 users are able to install the H+ app onto the ST16S of their H520, would the H520 users have full access to all features of the H+?

I'm going to speculate, we can't do anything else. with the information we have, which is little or null, seeing the characteristics of both aircraft, at hardware level I believe that both aircraft are 100% the same. Logic tells us that if we only base ourselves on the price difference, the difference in functions that one aircraft should have with respect to the other should be great.

The H PLUS, consumer level aircraft with the announced functions. H520, professional level aircraft with the functions of the H PLUS (or practically all except some that could be more advanced) and apart, all the functionalities of 3D surveys.

What you are commenting on, and continuing with the speculations, if you can go one way, from H520 to H PLUS would also theoretically make it possible to go the other way around. It would be a disaster if everyone bought an H PLUS and migrated to H520. With this in mind, security measures can be established to prevent certain software from being installed on which device. It can be from the simplest, determined by the serial number at software level or in the production chain to simply change a chip where an eprom reflects the difference, for example. It is clear that there are going to be people who will try it, the price difference is too juicy to try not to break the security system and resell H PLUS drones with all the features of the H520 getting economic redeeming.

We are commenting on the possibility of having in the H520 features that are needed that have been announced for the H PLUS but for the H520 we do not know for sure anything. Just rumors and this is where the big problem that Yuneec is creating is throwing stones on his own roof, the lack of information. From being a serious problem has become an error of biblical proportions since the announcement of the H PLUS, which in the end without any kind of doubt will generate losses in the company by the great amount of negative publicity and discomfort that is generating maintaining that aptitude of not informing, I do not say to everyone, not even the buyers who have already trusted them.

To take out a green product, to say that it will have functionalities to carry out work in certain sectors, the aircraft will not have them or receive them in 6 months, to announce another new aircraft that can be seen a kilometer away, which is the same hardware with functionalities that the advanced model does not have, and to continue making the mistake of not giving information.

What do you want me to say friends? You don't have to be an engineer to realize that something isn't working right. With how easy it is to avoid 99% of this situation just by keeping customers informed.

Then just think of the Yuneec workers who will be breaking their backs, working nonstop to take out everything announced and read, see or hear how their work is being despised because some enlightened person does not want to give information is very sad.

As you can see that it is difficult for me to write in English, since I have started writing the previous post, you have published and have "played" some of the topics I refer to. I need a faster online translator :p

Yuneec messed up by pricing the H520/E90 combo so high. Pricing the H520/E90 combo with DataPilot slightly above that of the H+ would have been been great for professionals. That would have encouraged them to have both, H520 and H+.

Yuneec messed up by pricing the H520/E90 combo so high. Pricing the H520/E90 combo with DataPilot slightly above that of the H+ would have been been great for professionals. That would have encouraged them to have both, H520 and H+.

We can also think backwards that I believe is how they have done it. High price for professionals but who in return get many important functionalities and low price for consumer drone and fight with DJI who is undoubtedly their big competitor. Another thing is that these functionalities have to justify without any doubt the difference in price and since we still do not know anything :(

Reactions: Peggy
Yes it can be looked out that way too. They're probably subsidizing H+ cost with H520 sales.
For sure you're getting a lot of drone in the H+/C23 combo at $1599.

technically the H520 can be sorted but it's the fact that Yuneec marketing have dreams of selling more machines which is why Yuneec are backtracking on sorting this out, in a recent email they have told me that they are working on fixing the E90 camera but not to expect anything new for the H520

Simple solution, I will take my orange 520 shell and put it on the H+ then I have a 520 with all features of the H+ Solution free of charge to Yuneec:)

Sorry guys, but IMO the 520’s value when released had it a $2k drone, if it had the E-90 included in that price. Observing all the flailing taking place with people missing functionality that should have been there and the missing “first of the year” firmware update doesn’t do anyone any good but it goes far in reaffirming my decision not to buy one. Yuneec’s minimal involvement in promoting this machine spoke volumes. What’s really sad is anyone could buy a cheap almost ready to fly hex from Foxtech, install a $250.00 - $350.00 Pixhawk FC and a ball turret camera and do far more with it than a 520, for lower cost. Those that already know that and also have a 520 have got to be feeling some pain.

As for competition, I hate to say it but DJI doesn’t have any. Certainly not from Yuneec as they are too busy chasing their established customers away through pitifully poor management decisions. Sure, they got hit hard financially but turning out half finished product and cutting critical corners is not got to rebuild their company. It will only marginalize them further. For me the H Plus looks like a far more attractive platform even if it was to cost more than what it’s being advertised at. Then again, we’ll have to wait to see what it really does post release.

OTOH, if they fail to address the 920 battery and voltage warning issues, and fail to deliver on upgrading the 520, my 920 purchase will be the last Yuneec product I’ll ever buy. For now that party’s over.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but IMO the 520’s value when released had it a $2k drone, if it had the E-90 included in that price. Observing all the flailing taking place with people missing functionality that should have been there and the missing “first of the year” firmware update doesn’t do anyone any good but it goes far in reaffirming my decision not to buy one. Yuneec’s minimal involvement in promoting this machine spoke volumes. What’s really sad is anyone could buy a cheap almost ready to fly hex from Foxtech, install a $250.00 - $350.00 Pixhawk FC and a ball turret camera and do far more with it than a 520, for lower cost. Those that already know that and also have a 520 have got to be feeling some pain.

As for competition, I hate to say it but DJI doesn’t have any. Certainly not from Yuneec as they are too busy chasing their established customers away through pitifully poor management decisions. Sure, they got hit hard financially but turning out half finished product and cutting critical corners is not got to rebuild their company. It will only marginalize them further. For me the H Plus looks like a far more attractive platform even if it was to cost more than what it’s being advertised at. Then again, we’ll have to wait to see what it really does post release.

OTOH, if they fail to address the 920 battery and voltage warning issues, and fail to deliver on upgrading the 520, my 920 purchase will be the last Yuneec product I’ll ever buy. For now that party’s over.
Well said

Can’t agree more.

Yuneec really should be supporting the half finished products already released rather than abandoning them.
It appears they are more interested in releasing more new products.
The H520 was meant to be the flagship “commercial” platform which would be aimed at surveying and inspection workflows.

All of DJI products can use third party apps (Pix4dcapture, Drone Deploy etc.) and have many more functions!!

I was expecting that the Datapilot software would at least have ALL of thes same functionality as these apps. And on top of that the ability to have a fixed GSD create a mapping mission with a constant height over ground. If not initially then certainly after a few months post release with updates.

So for less functionality I have gained a small amount of stability in wind and paid £1000 more.

We have been promised a Pix4D compatibility - no sign of this yet, meant to be ready by December 2017.

We have been promised a fix to battery issues - the fix we have had made things worse!

We have to buy third party chargers and make cables in order to check the status of our battery cells - a requirement for comercial ops.

Another thing missing from what is meant to be a professional platform is a way of checking for interference and checking the quality of transmitted signals..

We were meant to be able to see our GPS fix quality.. a basic sky view here would be good to show status of tracked satellites.

My phantom4 can check the quality of the transmission signals for interference and also the battery cell battery info. And this cost £1500 less!!

I went for this platform thinking that it would be Professional grade equipment - there is potential - but it really needs some serious input.

I will stick with it for now as I have no other option, if the issues with the E90 are ironed out and we get POI then I can live with the rest.

If Yuneec really are serious about putting out a true commercial grade UAV I think they need to get a collaboration with a PPK GNSS manufacturer and add this into the H520 as an upgrade - we really would be smashing the Competition then.

Exactly,
I also have an Inspire and it does everything the H520 can not do.
The H520 is a good plane but it lacks this little extra to get things done and come encroach on the competition.
The 520 can fly 20 minutes with 1 battery (200 €)
Inspire 2 the same time with 2 batteries (2x200 €)
See the difference. Yunnec does not have much to do to tickle the competition.
A good flight software and it's good.

Has anyone had success in finding contact information to the individual product managers or others in the decision making model for Yuneec? If so can you share here for all.

The video is this one, gentlemen, which is not saying anything bad, it only expresses how we feel and precisely expresses at least what I think and so I have said. It is said in humorous terms and therefore there is nothing wrong with it. It was published by a fellow forum member. Bravo Richard, I'm still laughing :D

What I liked best:"He'll never do it, you know how much he hates DJI" :D

A greeting for DJI and all his followers, it's nothing personal :)

P.D.: It is in Yuneec's hands that it remains an anecdote, which should not be repeated more. I'm still hoping it will be

The sad thing is, I spent almost two years promoting and defending the Typhoon H in the most hostile forum environment there is, the RC Groups multirotor forum. A forum owned and heavily populated with eloquent DJI reps and users. The video well represents how I now feel, while also making the statement of not going with DJI. There are alternatives. More expensive but alternatives just the same.

Reactions: Graham
The sad thing is, I spent almost two years promoting and defending the Typhoon H in the most hostile forum environment there is, the RC Groups multirotor forum. A forum owned and heavily populated with eloquent DJI reps and users. The video well represents how I now feel, while also making the statement of not going with DJI. There are alternatives. More expensive but alternatives just the same.

I know that forum well, I was able to mount my DIY drones thanks to the help obtained there, as for DIY is a reference without any doubt :)

Hi guys,
I'm a software designer and I am currently working on a third party software that generates missions for the Yuneec H520 with ST16S. The software would automaticaly generate the .plan ready to be imported in DataPilot. Would you have any type of POI missions that you think would be interesting to implement ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio