Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Police identify juvenile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts are minor flew a drone into the baseball stadium. It is against the law and with all the hype drones have gotten in the media I find it very difficult to believe he/she were not fully aware it was illegal to do so (and ignorance of the law is no defense against it).

This is on the same level for me as if someone was driving through a park or playground with a car or motorcycle. You are supposed to be registered/licensed to drive a motor vehicle and the same goes for a drone. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know driving through a playground is wrong and the same goes for flying a drone over a venue like the ballpark.

The minor was obviously not too mentally challenged to be able to fly the drone FPV into the stadium and if they were the parents/guardians are responsible for allowing them access to the drone.

I guess it will come home to roost for many when the government makes it where you won’t be able to fly, because they have to protect us from idiots that can’t follow a few simple rules. The only ones allowed to use them will be big business that can line the lawmakers pockets with big bucks.
Since I have worked in this field for 35 years, I'm afraid you are wrong, they can be highly intelligent but lack a complete understanding of what is right or wrong, they could in an extreme situation kill you and not be aware of what they have done, to them flying the drone could of been acting out s scenario in their life, so let's see what comes out, clearly if it's not then they should face the consequences
I was quite surprised by some of the heat of the moment responses.

If this is truly a hacked drone, it’s probably a version that was released 2017 or later.

It just doesn’t.... And this kid went pretty low for a good amount of time.

That is what I saw as well. There is no way this child did not know it's a no no to do it.

Reactions: RPR
That is what I saw as well. There is no way this child did not know it's a no no to do it.

The kid or whoever he may be is fully competent, and I agree.
This guy here took his free speech to another level, back in 2017.

The facts are minor flew a drone into the baseball stadium. It is against the law and with all the hype drones have gotten in the media I find it very difficult to believe he/she were not fully aware it was illegal to do so (and ignorance of the law is no defense against it).

This is on the same level for me as if someone was driving through a park or playground with a car or motorcycle. You are supposed to be registered/licensed to drive a motor vehicle and the same goes for a drone. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know driving through a playground is wrong and the same goes for flying a drone over a venue like the ballpark.

The minor was obviously not too mentally challenged to be able to fly the drone FPV into the stadium and if they were the parents/guardians are responsible for allowing them access to the drone.

I guess it will come home to roost for many when the government makes it where you won’t be able to fly, because they have to protect us from idiots that can’t follow a few simple rules. The only ones allowed to use them will be big business that can line the lawmakers pockets with big bucks.

I 100% agree.

Unfortunately this is probably the result of this “juvenile “ incident. Some judge will probably say we can prosecute him because there are no signs prohibiting drones. So we will waste taxpayers money to have such signs made then more money to have them installed. What a pity

I am pretty sure every UAS sold in the US has a card similar to the ones that Yuneec puts in every start up guide. This is from the Typhoon H Plus package. I don't see how anyone could argue that they didn't know the rules; as was pointed out, ignorance is no excuse but yeah, I am sure we can find a judge that thinks otherwise unfortunately.

Flyer.jpg

Last edited:
He may not be able to read English.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kid or whoever he may be is fully competent, and I agree.
This guy here took his free speech to another level, back in 2017.

I've never been able to understand what happens in a persons mind, that moment when the...."click"......happens, and they go...."aaaaaaaah, it's no big deal".

I've never been able to understand what happens in a persons mind, that moment when the...."click"......happens, and they go...."aaaaaaaah, it's no big deal".
Bi-polar disorder.
Number 5
  • Uncharacteristic periods of anger and aggression.
  • Grandiosity and overconfidence.
  • Easy tearfulness, frequent sadness.
  • Needing little sleep to feel rested.
  • Uncharacteristic impulsive behavior.
  • Moodiness.
  • Confusion and inattention.

TFR is a temporary restriction, defining a restricted area to air travel due to a hazardous condition, a special event, it serves a general warning that we 107 operators or ALL should check prior to flight, and operate with caution. Geofencing are permanent that others ignore, and there are ways to trick the geofence restrictions. For example, the Golden Gate Bridge and Las Vegas. You can fly outside of the fence and fly into the restricted zone. Supposedly, the aircraft will stop, and cannot go beyond the fence. Back in the day, an alumni foil placed around the craft enables the craft to penetrate the fence.
nope for all the money the cost my P3pro has no Geo-fencing I live less than 2 miles from Nellis AFB and I could fly it all day and night that's why it's a paper weight now and I fly my Q500 my H and my Walkera Scout X4 so that way I stay well within the 107 regs.

I'm with TD81 in asking this question. I know what TFR's are but what I'm curious about is; does DJI just put all major sport stadiums into the NFZs like airports and they're always active or - do they have a way of tuning them on or off as the events are scheduled?

I would think the latter is virtually impossible and the former would be unimaginably over reaching but then we are talking about DJI.

From the information I have seen on the Mavic and Phantom forums that I moderate on. The TFR’s for sporting events are real time activated NFZ’s. There are cases of DJI craft being airborne and forced into an auto land sequence that cannot be over ridden when the TFR start time comes up.

Moderating in three forums has been an eye opening experience for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss