Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Police identify juvenile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is truly a hacked drone, it’s probably a version that was released 2017 or later.

It just never seems to end

It just doesn’t.... And this kid went pretty low for a good amount of time.

I remember reading about this when it happened.

Excuse my DJI ignorance here. Does DJI include TFR's in their geofencing?

TFR is a temporary restriction, defining a restricted area to air travel due to a hazardous condition, a special event, it serves a general warning that we 107 operators or ALL should check prior to flight, and operate with caution. Geofencing are permanent that others ignore, and there are ways to trick the geofence restrictions. For example, the Golden Gate Bridge and Las Vegas. You can fly outside of the fence and fly into the restricted zone. Supposedly, the aircraft will stop, and cannot go beyond the fence. Back in the day, an alumni foil placed around the craft enables the craft to penetrate the fence.

I'm with TD81 in asking this question. I know what TFR's are but what I'm curious about is; does DJI just put all major sport stadiums into the NFZs like airports and they're always active or - do they have a way of tuning them on or off as the events are scheduled?

I would think the latter is virtually impossible and the former would be unimaginably over reaching but then we are talking about DJI.

I'm with TD81 in asking this question. I know what TFR's are but what I'm curious about is; does DJI just put all major sport stadiums into the NFZs like airports and they're always active or - do they have a way of tuning them on or off as the events are scheduled?

I would think the latter is virtually impossible and the former would be unimaginably over reaching but then we are talking about DJI.

Stadiums .... No. I flown over the Levi’s 49er stadium, during their off season, when I did a job nearby as well as in Nissan stadium in Nashville, also near where I worked. There’s no fencing. The only stadium that I know of that’s fenced is the Staples stadium.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
“The operator who broke the law and flew a drone over Fenway could face jail time and a $250,000 fine. That, Davis said, is the best deterrent today.”

Are they going to make an example of this kid?

Reactions: BigAl07
.........Are they going to make an example of this kid?........

Would be nice, but probably not. In today’s “Not My Fault” society, they’ll blame something.....anything, except the dumbarse kid. The punishment will fall upon us....with more laws, restrictions, bad press, snarky people with self important enforcement authority......

I don’t believe FAA laws distinguish between adults and minors. If he/she was registered it means he/she should have known the laws and if he/she wasn’t registered he/she should have been.

They should make an example of them and make it widely public. As part of the atonement for this they should have to make a public announcement at the next game acknowledging their stupid actions and apologizing for endangering those that were present at the game in question.

In lieu of jail time, public service should be mandatory and court costs and investigation fees should have to be paid. Put the blame where it belongs, on the perpetrator and the parents that allowed their kid to use the drone without knowing the laws that govern its use.

Not knowing US laws, if the person is too young to charge, or be unfit to be charged, perhaps the person is disabled, learning difficulties? The full picture hasn't formed yet, so it may be a little premature to speculate. But if the person is old enough and fully able to face the consequences then that's different.

• Sad
Reactions: DCH
Stupid people do stupid stuff. There's a reason folks don't drive on sidewalks, it's because it's dangerous and you'll spend some jail time and or lose the ability to operate a motor vehicle. Same should go for guys like this....and the one below flying a q500.

Reactions: DoomMeister and DCH
Stupid people do stupid stuff. There's a reason folks don't drive on sidewalks, it's because it's dangerous and you'll spend some jail time and or lose the ability to operate a motor vehicle. Same should go for guys like this....and the one below flying a q500.

Is a disabled person stupid? Mental disabled stupid? Alzheimer's sufferers stupid? Where not in full possession of the facts yet.

• Sad
Reactions: DCH
The facts are minor flew a drone into the baseball stadium. It is against the law and with all the hype drones have gotten in the media I find it very difficult to believe he/she were not fully aware it was illegal to do so (and ignorance of the law is no defense against it).

This is on the same level for me as if someone was driving through a park or playground with a car or motorcycle. You are supposed to be registered/licensed to drive a motor vehicle and the same goes for a drone. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know driving through a playground is wrong and the same goes for flying a drone over a venue like the ballpark.

The minor was obviously not too mentally challenged to be able to fly the drone FPV into the stadium and if they were the parents/guardians are responsible for allowing them access to the drone.

I guess it will come home to roost for many when the government makes it where you won’t be able to fly, because they have to protect us from idiots that can’t follow a few simple rules. The only ones allowed to use them will be big business that can line the lawmakers pockets with big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements