Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Portable UAV Command Center

Reaction score
A video demonstrating the Portable UAV Command Center by flying the UAV to diplay the video output from TH transmitter using the HDMI port to the LCD TV screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A video demonstrating the Portable UAV Command Center by flying the UAV to diplay the video output from TH transmitter using the HDMI port to the LCD TV screen.

That is a decent sized monitor what size is it? I've been looking at the lilliput 9-10inch monitors

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Is your portable command center powered fully from those 2 solar panels or what kind of power are you using to power that 32" tv? Also what case are you using? Does everything fit into the single case ie the entire command center including the TV and the drone with st16 or what all do you have? Is there any way you could list everything you have along with anything special that you had to do to make this setup work? Im wanting to make my TH have the best range for FPV, control & telemetry plus im going to be airbrushing the entire body and camera housing so it'll be much more visible during the day and night so reflective powder and uv/glow powder. Plus alot more but just trying to pick up as many tips as possible from everyone that has nice setups like yourself. After buying the TH for the price Im not to keen on spending $400 on a case especially being as most the cases that are being sold for the TH only have space for everything that came stock with it and maybe a few extra batteries but that's it, which is also why your post caught my eye as it looks as if your case looks as if it can hold alot more than the normal and it has much heavier wheels or all terrain wheels at least then any pelican case or the like have, Is your case by chance a case you bought from Home Depot or Lowes or similar? How good are your FPV goggles ie have you found them to be worth the cost? Im thinking of trying to find some FPV goggles that have an HDMI input that way possibly find them for quite cheap and the only thing I'd be worried about with FPV goggles that are completely wireless is when using them does it demand more from the 5.8GHZ band of antennas from the drone because your now demanding data/telemetry from the TH to the ST16 and the Goggles so is the signal therefore diminished or taxed more when using the goggles and the ST16 vs just using the ST16?? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be as detailed as possible so I can get my setup correct the 1st time around!! I really appreciate any info you can give to me & I'll be sure to pass on the favor to any others that would like to know!

Reactions: Cesar
I have a 40" Samsung LED TV that uses a power converter to reduce 110/240v from the wall down to 19v and 66w to the TV. The panels could handle the TV.

Is your portable command center powered fully from those 2 solar panels or what kind of power are you using to power that 32" tv? Also what case are you using? Does everything fit into the single case ie the entire command center including the TV and the drone with st16 or what all do you have? Is there any way you could list everything you have along with anything special that you had to do to make this setup work? Im wanting to make my TH have the best range for FPV, control & telemetry plus im going to be airbrushing the entire body and camera housing so it'll be much more visible during the day and night so reflective powder and uv/glow powder. Plus alot more but just trying to pick up as many tips as possible from everyone that has nice setups like yourself. After buying the TH for the price Im not to keen on spending $400 on a case especially being as most the cases that are being sold for the TH only have space for everything that came stock with it and maybe a few extra batteries but that's it, which is also why your post caught my eye as it looks as if your case looks as if it can hold alot more than the normal and it has much heavier wheels or all terrain wheels at least then any pelican case or the like have, Is your case by chance a case you bought from Home Depot or Lowes or similar? How good are your FPV goggles ie have you found them to be worth the cost? Im thinking of trying to find some FPV goggles that have an HDMI input that way possibly find them for quite cheap and the only thing I'd be worried about with FPV goggles that are completely wireless is when using them does it demand more from the 5.8GHZ band of antennas from the drone because your now demanding data/telemetry from the TH to the ST16 and the Goggles so is the signal therefore diminished or taxed more when using the goggles and the ST16 vs just using the ST16?? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be as detailed as possible so I can get my setup correct the 1st time around!! I really appreciate any info you can give to me & I'll be sure to pass on the favor to any others that would like to know!

Tom going to do the best to answer your questions so here it goes:

The solar panels is charging a deep cycle battery, the battery is connected to a 700W power inverted which powers the LCD TV. Using a fully charged battery can power the TV for at least 10 hours.

fb4e8f3b0475c77f38debee7504ba328.jpg

The case is a Husky 25-Gal Mobile Job Box found in Home-depot and yes you can fit the TH with the foam.

a589012d6b9d9aeae2e41da7dfe637d1.jpg

The googles are Ok and not bad for the cost. Be careful as I purchased and HDMI off market googles and they didn't work with the ST16. Using the googles connected to HDMI port doesn't diminish the signal in any way.

Hope this was helpful and let me know if you have further questions.

Ok so Im not much interested in necessarily having power enough to power a tv when flying in the middle of nowhere but about the FPV goggles I was asking if it taxed the 5.8Ghz band when you use the ST16 & the Goggles IE having the goggles drawing in 5.8Ghz signal as welll as the ST16 cuz obvious yes if I only had goggles that simply worked using the HDMI plug it wouldn't be any different cuz then its still only demanding the same amount as when not using any goggles. Now that You've shown me a pic of the box I can see that its not quite deep enough to store the H in but what kind of rolling box is that anyway and what are you using for a storage/transport of your H? Thanks Tom C

Ok so Im not much interested in necessarily having power enough to power a tv when flying in the middle of nowhere but about the FPV goggles I was asking if it taxed the 5.8Ghz band when you use the ST16 & the Goggles IE having the goggles drawing in 5.8Ghz signal as welll as the ST16 cuz obvious yes if I only had goggles that simply worked using the HDMI plug it wouldn't be any different cuz then its still only demanding the same amount as when not using any goggles. Now that You've shown me a pic of the box I can see that its not quite deep enough to store the H in but what kind of rolling box is that anyway and what are you using for a storage/transport of your H? Thanks Tom C

The googles only support the HDMI port and not the 5.8Ghz; here is a picture of some I helped where he fit the TH in the box:
2fe48037bc62565aca57e5028457ae76.jpg

Oh the goggles looked like they where the Yuneec brand FPV goggles so that is why I thought they where wireless. But anyway do you know WHAT BOX that is IE where I might be able to buy it from? Thanks Tom C

Oh the goggles looked like they where the Yuneec brand FPV goggles so that is why I thought they where wireless. But anyway do you know WHAT BOX that is IE where I might be able to buy it from? Thanks Tom C

Here is the link to the box:

Husky 25-Gal Mobile Job Box Plastic.
Model 222167 it cost $55.00

Husky 25-Gal Mobile Job Box Plastic. Model 222167 | eBay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval