Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Power Bank - Backup ST16 Battery

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just been reading through the specs of the ST16 and I was surprised to see the charge time for the Li-Ion battery, and a whole lot more surprised to see the price of a spare!
So, my mind has been wandering, it does that a lot nowadays. Whilst browsing 'Black Friday' deals looking of course for anything 'yuneec' (play on words there) I was on the apple store looking to get a new 4kImac and while browsing I stumbled upon the 'power bank' batteries they use to increase a mobile phones battery life.
So the question to all you guru's out there is this;

If one was to get a large 10,000Mah power bank battery, secure it to the rear of the ST16 (rubber bands, see how technical I am) and connect it to the ST16 mini USB (charging port) via a short mini USB lead would that extend the usability?

Very cheap

Intenso Power bank S10000 Black 10,000 mAh

Just an idea.

I use a standard 4cell 8000 mAh battery with an xt60 to usb 5volt output as a back up charger during and in between flights works fine, but it needs to be at least 2amps out to top up charge while using the ST16. Always good to review video or images and be charging at the same time while out on shoot.

I've found the ST-16 is good for at least 8, 10 minute flights, which is usually more than I'll do in any one place. During travel from one place to another I plug the 12v charge adapter and the -16 into my car charging outlets. I have yet to come up short for a days' shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have been flying the max I can in one place. I have two yuneec batteries (last me 17 mins each) and a gifi7000 which lasts anywhere from 19-20 mins. Overall, its about 50-55 mins flight with a few seconds for each battery swap. My ST16 goes from 100% to about 60% charge.
Right now I am logging hours on my H. 10hrs min before profesional use on the H. So far never had the need to use a backup power for ST16. But if i do need extended battery for ST16 i dont see why not to go for these external battery rechargers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appslurehina