Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Powerextra Battery

T

TomC9000

Well, I got two Powerextra Batteries (6300mAh 14.8V 93.2Wh) and charged them up to the 16.8V, 4.2V each cell yesterday. Today, went to fly and put the new battery in and got 16.8v on the ST16, did my check list and then armed the motors and it dropped to 15.7V. I probably should have stopped there but I flew anyway. The volts kept dropping and after only 8 minutes of flight was at 14.6V. So I landed. Put a standard battery and flew my usually 18 minutes before 14.6V. Tried the second Powerextra battery with the same results. Anybody have any trouble with these batteries?

So I tried charging and flying again with the same results as before on the 2 Powerextra Batteries. This time I did notice that the top of the Typhoon H was hot with both batteries, so I let the drone cool down and tried my regular batteries and the top was not even warm to the touch after 19 minutes! So that's the last time the Powerextra's go in. Tried to contact Powerextra, but they said they can't deal with me because I didn't buy my batteries from Amazon, which is who they deal with, I got them from Ebay. So let the battle start!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I tried charging and flying again with the same results as before on the 2 Powerextra Batteries. This time I did notice that the top of the Typhoon H was hot with both batteries, so I let the drone cool down and tried my regular batteries and the top was not even warm to the touch after 19 minutes! So that's the last time the Powerextra's go in. Tried to contact Powerextra, but they said they can't deal with me because I didn't buy my batteries from Amazon, which is who they deal with, I got them from Ebay. So let the battle start!
Thanks for the heads up!

I'm not putting Powerextra batteries down, I've heard some good things about them, Captain Drone and others. I just think I got a couple of bad ones.

I've not had any issues with Powerextra batteries (yet?). I've got 2 and they've worked ok for about 6 months for me.

Reactions: TomC9000
I've not had any issues with Powerextra batteries (yet?). I've got 2 and they've worked ok for about 6 months for me.
I don't think there is anything wrong with Powerextra, just think I got a couple of bad ones. rdonson, do you get about the same flight time as with the Power 4 batteries?

Honestly, I don’t see a big difference between the 3 battery brands I have. The longest flight times are had from the newest batteries. The shortest from my 2 oldest before I learned about “Storage” level.

Reactions: TomC9000

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval