Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

PreFlight checklist request

JamesHHplusMantisQ

No cow bell! MORE COLOUR!!
Reaction score
If there is anybody out there who is proficient with Excel or any type of word program B willing to make pre-flight check sheets checklists for a typhoon h a typhoon h plus and a mantis Q? I'm hoping to collaborate and come up with some type of interactable app. Possibly even building something from the ground up with Linux?

This is a short one. I'm sure if you do a search of the forum you will find several.

Attachments

• Preflight list.txt
    568 bytes · Views: 96
See Attached... it is editable in Acrobat Pro... I have seen apps that convert PDFs to Word... not sure that I've seen a conversion to Excel.

Attachments

• Typhoon Pre and Post flight checklist.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
If there is anybody out there who is proficient with Excel or any type of word program B willing to make pre-flight check sheets checklists for a typhoon h a typhoon h plus and a mantis Q? I'm hoping to collaborate and come up with some type of interactable app. Possibly even building something from the ground up with Linux?
Your post suggested to me a smartphone app that I think would be worthwhile: a spoken checklist that would require a response such as "Check" before the next item on the list was announced. This would be beyond my capabilities to create.

Your post suggested to me a smartphone app that I think would be worthwhile: a spoken checklist that would require a response such as "Check" before the next item on the list was announced. This would be beyond my capabilities to create.
Good point which I missed in the OP. The non-tech method is to use a co-pilot.

I have used something called Process Street to develop an entire series of H520 checklists that you might be interested in checking out .... you can find my post here

I checked the Android play Store for "Aviation Checklist" and came across "Aviation Speech Checklist - Belgium Campus..." which is under development.
I haven't checked thoroughly but it has a Cessna 152 checklist that is vocal and ordered. After hearing the item to be checked you have to press "Done" before the next item is heard etc. I saw that it's possible to create your own checklist but don't know if speech synthesis is supported or any further details and don't have time to check it out right now.

This post is totally satirical...

I sometimes wonder how all of us full scale pilots managed to survive to old age using only a simple printed checklist card to run through one item at a time before moving to the next item. No voice response required, no spreadsheets, no cell phones or tablets.

It must have been a feat of magic as full scale has 10x the number of checklist items compared to a drone.

Full scale; weather check, weight and balance complete, density altitude check, fuel adequate to reach destination plus 45 minutes reserve, route of flight planned, airport and nav frequencies checked and on hand, current air charts, aircraft walk around complete and correct, chocks removed, doors closed and latched, seat belts, pre take off briefing complete, fuel selector fullest tank, flaps set, controls free and correct, rotating beacon, radio check, gear selector check, etc. Boost pump, mags on, clear prop, engine start, instruments check, oil pressure check, oil temp check, taxi to run up area for engine performance check, traffic check, take off.

Drone checklist; batteries charged and installed, props installed, landing gear still present, gimbal lock removed, switch on, sats and wifi acceptable, camera active, telemetry active, take off area clear, take off, verify control functions correct, fly.

I have to agree with PatR's comment.
Are you kidding guys, a vocal check list?o_O
Watch this video, checklist starting up a GUFLSTREAM even while taxing, checklist continues right before take off and throughout the short flight.
Oh, and by the way if it gets to boring for you, pop over to 22 or so minutes and here how busy ATC is!

Last edited:
Looking back a few years and reflecting on ground school and the early pre flight checklist created for a certain UAV, students spent the better part of two weeks learning how to navigate a disorganized DOS based GUI checklist. The intent was for students to learn it well enough to complete it in 45 minutes or less instead of the 1-1/2 to 2 hours it required when you were first exposed to it.

Those that made it through the course and deployed found the customer would not tolerate even a 45 minute completion period. Being distanced from company and instructor oversight the new operators discovered those that had arrived on scene before them had found a way to safely shorten the checklist procedure to one that could be executed in 15 minutes or less. It took the company another 2 years to validate and formally adopt a process those flying the aircraft knew worked perfectly.

A checklist does not need to be trendy, fancy, or complex, it just needs to effectively cover things critical for flight. Over complication tends to create processes that cause a user to lose track of or skip items and sequence. Focusing on a checklist and not allowing or responding to outside distractions is still the best way I know of to complete one successfully.

Last edited:
I have two. A pre-flight checklist, and a take-off checklist.
Pre-Flight
Site: Owner permissions?
FAA tower notify?, NOTAMs? TFRs?
Weather: Wind aloft, Temp, Rain chance, Kp
ST16: Switches set 1 1 1 2, Gear down, Batt chg
CGO3: Gimbal cage, TF card, Lens
Flight battery charged & locked in
Hat Cam: Battery charge, TF card, Lens
Arms & Props locked on
Take-off (a label on the ST16)
ST16 Switches
ST16 on
Hat cam Rec
Typhoon on
Cruise - WB
Sats - VIDEO
Arm - Takeoff
Gear up

Reactions: AussieCate
This post is totally satirical...

I sometimes wonder how all of us full scale pilots managed to survive to old age using only a simple printed checklist card to run through one item at a time before moving to the next item. No voice response required, no spreadsheets, no cell phones or tablets.

It must have been a feat of magic as full scale has 10x the number of checklist items compared to a drone.

Full scale; weather check, weight and balance complete, density altitude check, fuel adequate to reach destination plus 45 minutes reserve, route of flight planned, airport and nav frequencies checked and on hand, current air charts, aircraft walk around complete and correct, chocks removed, doors closed and latched, seat belts, pre take off briefing complete, fuel selector fullest tank, flaps set, controls free and correct, rotating beacon, radio check, gear selector check, etc. Boost pump, mags on, clear prop, engine start, instruments check, oil pressure check, oil temp check, taxi to run up area for engine performance check, traffic check, take off.

Drone checklist; batteries charged and installed, props installed, landing gear still present, gimbal lock removed, switch on, sats and wifi acceptable, camera active, telemetry active, take off area clear, take off, verify control functions correct, fly.

I thought exactly the same here, ahahahah!!! A piece of waxed paper in hand and method goes a long way.
(You forgot to perform a magneto check after engine start up, by the way ?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval