Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Price drop?

Thats pounds, right Yukay? Currently thats about 1,972.00 US. Best Buy has them for 1,799.00 and this is with RS and thats 100.00 off where I bought mine.

Thats pounds, right Yukay? Currently thats about 1,972.00 US. Best Buy has them for 1,799.00 and this is with RS and thats 100.00 off where I bought mine.
Yes, pounds. That model was announced over here at about £1850 and I have seen it as high as £1899 so, relatively speaking, it's quite a drop. But maybe it's currency fluctuations plus a bit of realignment with US prices. Or maybe there weren't enough takers at £1850.

I noticed a few online stores in the USA dropping the price by about $100 but maybe its a weekend sale, we will see.

In Germany, the Typhoon H-RS is selling for as little 1,150 euros I don't think I paid more than 1,700 euros for my first TH-RS, 2 1/2 years back. My second TH-RS was only 1,400 euros last February. I think the price you are quoting is rather on the high side.

The standard H with RS is just under 1,100.00 US at the moment here in the states and that is with back-pac, two batteries and a wizard.

Above we are talking about the new Typhoon H Plus which is a different model that just came out three months ago.

I've been watching this carefully... waiting for some shift... most retailers are (for the time being) pricing at $100 off the full price. But since I have been monitoring this since mid-July, there has been little change in the number of places offering this model, (as listed in a Google search, under "Shopping")... in mid July there were 4 listed... now there are 7. Even worse for the straight H Plus... Vertigo has been the only listed vendor for a month. More competition will be needed, to drive individual vendors to place items on sale.

But the other problem is this... we are in a trade war with the manufacturer's country and tariffs will raise prices... so in a hypothetical 10% price increase looming, do I buy now and forgo waiting for a sale... or wait for a 10% sale in the future... offsetting that increase in price? Effectively paying the same whether I wait or not... :mad:

Last edited:
When you say 4 or 7 - one of them has 3,200 outlets - give or take a few.;) I am guessing that Best Buy signed a deal for the first ___,___,__ however many units here in the states. Now the other dealers can get them. The question is; are some dealers holding out because of what happened with the 520? I don't know but; the ball is rolling. Some time down the road the price will start to drop as we've seen in the past.

I have seen the price go between 1799.00 and 1,899.00 US at least four times since I purchased in July. I think it all depends on how long you want to wait and what (if anything) will you miss (or gain) by waiting. I don't think the price will go up and I don't think the tariffs have impacted these types of goods (am I wrong?).

When I purchased, I looked at it like this - I could go to best buy and jump right in. My normal point for these types of purchases is B&H but they did not have stock and no word on when they would. So, I was looking at a little over 100.00 bucks (tax) to jump in when I did. They did not hit B&H for almost two months. Now they are 1,799.00 and free shipping so:

I spent just about 2023.00 dollars to get in when I did. I am closing in on 100 flights, it has been making money for a month and that cost me about a grand total of. . . . 224.00 US for that early jump. So looking back, should I have waited or was I glad I got it? Well for me, I am glad I got it even; with the roll-out of all the other drones in the same period.

In the end what do you want; and what is that worth? As a comparison, the Typhoon H Pro w/RealSense was once 1899.00 dollars ;)

Reactions: YuKay
With restrictive drone laws looming in the EU the fate of the TH is not good, at least at the hobbyist level.

Most consumer goods have not been hit yet, but there is no indication that our 'tard in chief is done with his game of chicken... and my apologies in advance to any challenged individuals I may have insulted... I wouldn't want to be compared to him, either... :(

Leaving the politics out but the economics in, China has maintained an unfair trade advantage over us on several fronts for a very long time. Two of the bad ones are heavy restrictions on our exports and undervaluing their currency by a considerable amount. I’ll leave wage levels, work place conditions, over time wages, and environmental stuff, along with copyright and trademark infringement alone for now. If we want jobs to return to the U.S. we have to level the playing field. We do nobody at home any good by continually weakening our economy and job market. Something should have been done a long time ago but the problem had been deferred by successive administrations. If not now, when should it be done?

Tariffs have already hit RC transmitters with 25% fees and it has been mentioned that anything with a microchip is going to be levied. If people are thinking of buying the time to do it is now.

But for $200.00 more. You can buy something you know works great already...

The point I was trying to make, and once again mucked it up, is the trend to smaller drones is increasing. In Europe the Phantom will pretty much die on the vine due to the new EU rules coming. Even the Solo will require special licensing. That puts Yuneec in a precarious situation, at least in the EU.

It was odd to me Yuneec kept the Mantis under wraps. It's clearly an attempt to break into the small size market. It seems the Mantis even has waypoint mission planning. Flight time is quoted at 33 minutes. It's heavier than the Anafi at @500 grams which IMO means better stability in wind. It depends on the aerodynamics, FC etc. Already a negative is the electronic stabilization and the camera itself. It appears they've designed it to compete with the Spark? If that's the case it's a winner there.

Many I know looking for a drone, want to remain as inconspicuous as possible; kind of hard when lugging a backpack around. So far there aren't that many available with all the features people want.

As winter is approaching, I'm holding out to see what the U.S. does with drone regulations. In the Spring if the gubment hasn't all but ruined the hobby, I'll probably get a H+ if Yuneec gets off their duff and fixes the minor issues. Seeing how Yuneec is in bed with 3DR, I'm not feeling too confident.

When we consider DJI has priced their small stuff up there with their previous larger models I can see why they are going small. As people seem to be willing to pay more for less manufacturers would be stupid not to “down size” the hardware packages. Their return on manufacturing costs rises considerably.

Yuneec’s Mantis has a chance only if it hits the streets working as it should work. A well functioning gimbal, camera, and bug free firm and software with a decent owners manual. Unfortunately Yuneec’s history for the past three years strongly suggests that won’t happen. It can’t happen because they refuse to learn from their mistakes and continually repeat them. Every time they release a new model that functions half a$$ed they push more people away, and they’re running out of people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers