Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Price of Typhoon H just dropped to $1100

It is also interesting that B&H Photovideo are STILL saying this
Waypoint Navigation
Ground station functionality provided by the ST16 includes waypoint navigation.
With this autopilot mode, apply pushpins to a map to create "waypoints" that define the Typhoon H's course.
Altitude, speed, and heading can all change at each waypoint
ENDQUOTE

Interesting.. I'm sure done to stay 100 bucks below the recently price dropped Phantom 4. Phantom 4 now 1199.99 USD...

Like me...You'll drive yourself crazy. B&H has had a lower price then authorized retailers for a few weeks now. With the introduction of the "Pro" it seems the "right" time to lower the H "Advanced" price. And with DJI lowering their prices Yuneec will continue to come in under them to sell their lesser known brand. I buy a ton of electronics, photo, video, and audio gear -- Always happens. Find your best price and pull the trigger and know that everything will drop in price eventually. ****, I bought a second H to get another ST16 as it seemed like the best thing to do deal wise (another battery, charger, drone, camera)--- While now I can get a St16, new, on Ebay for $350. The retail of the ST16 was over $700 from dealers at the time. But, I like having 2 H's as I am getting ready to mod one and feel less "attached" to the stock model now.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a NIB Q4k sitting in the back bedroom since March ($1000.00 lesson) when I figured my original was probably toast after an aerial landing. Managed to repair the camera, replaced the props, still flies just fine. I should have cancelled the order when I got the first one airborne. Oh well. Now they are selling for $800. I'd be lucky to get $500 as it is "Previously Owned"

I keep pondering modding my first one, but for what I want it to do, it's just fine.

B&H just returned to the "authorized" selling price of $1299… I really think B&H watches the market closely and is forever changing prices on everything they sell…Some times just for a day.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
This is from a dealers point of view guys. YUNEEC has a minimum advertised price (map). All the dealers sign a map agreement to not sell below this price. There have been so any violators that YUNEEC sent us all a letter recently to make sure we are following the map price. If you see a drone sold for a price less than $1299, they are breaking map and are in violation. YUNEEC may shut them down altogether and you may not get your drone. This hurts us dealers with integrity and all of us have lost sales because of it. I know everyone wants the lowest price, just wanted to clear it all up.

Reactions: abinder
Yeah, about once a week, I shop around, put it in the shopping cart, and hover over the checkout button for about 15 minutes, then close the page.

Maybe this fall I'll pull the trigger. Might buy a Pro and sell off the sensor module. I've no need for it.
Just buy the advance model and get the backpack seperate for a $100 and the extra battery for $150 you will save $650 I just bought my h advance for $1190 after taxes and that's what I'm planning on doing

Reactions: slick
Yeah, about once a week, I shop around, put it in the shopping cart, and hover over the checkout button for about 15 minutes, then close the page.

Maybe this fall I'll pull the trigger. Might buy a Pro and sell off the sensor module. I've no need for it.
$1,092.17 right now on amazon

B&H just returned to the "authorized" selling price of $1299… I really think B&H watches the market closely and is forever changing prices on everything they sell…Some times just for a day.

This is very true, They change pricing using many factors including sun spots or migration of geese! I was trying to buy a Zeiss lens for my Sony Mirrorless camera and put it in my cart. I fell asleep and the next day I went back to my cart, the item went back to it's normal price $200 more! After talking to a rep and cried, he got approval from his boss to honor the sale price.

What sometimes bugs me is so much speculation about whether an online dealer's price that's below the manufacturer's price is an error or is intentionally done, or has anything to do with an impending price change. OK I don't have to read all the talk, and usually don't pay too much attention to it because there is not much authentication behind it except what's seen online. I just wish to comment on a few tings about this paradigm.

I don't believe at all that Yuneec lets certain dealers drop price first. I think that when a lower price is seen on the web it is either an honest error, such as on the part of the persons doing the web store or miscommunication, or is possibly a never-used but thoroughly opened and messed-with box someone can't sell as new. We have had a couple of those.

I think it's very unlikely a dealer would risk their business by intentionally and publicly offering a price lower than the official one. Still, when some online dealer's prices change up and down for a day, etc. you got to wonder what's causing the error. Probably their web-store person is new and not yet familiar with how it works. I mean, B&H is pretty reputable and I don't think they'd play games with their dealership. This is all honest stuff, seems rare, and does not really indicate changes or impending changes the official price.

Unfortunately there are some dishonest dealers intentionally cutting throats. I have even seen e-mail from a dishonest dealer offering that anyone who privately e-mails him would receive an improperly low price. Of course I am not going to name this dastardly dealer here, but that sort of thing and the rumors it starts, and the above issues, all add up to useless speculation, wild gossip, and ultimately buyer/customer discontent. -for nothing.

My situation working for a dealer is non-stressful because I just wait for the announcements. Whether I know or suspect in advance, I act on them only when official and for sure they are publicized by all dealers on the same day -so all customers get the deal right away. No rush, no worry, no rat-race.

As an occasional consumer of model aircraft, I'm not going to be stressed over a $100-200 reduction on the price of a $1200 or $1800 piece of equipment. The equivalent percentage is about the same as the wretched sales tax theivery, so.. if I buy before the reduction, fine, if after, fine. I still get the aircraft for reasonable cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval