Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem doing a survey

Reaction score
Hello everibody. I have been working with Yuneec H520 mainly in agriculture for a year. On my last flight with the H520 + E90 I had a problem conducting a survey on some rice fields with the E90 mounted. Suddenly on the screen of the ST16 the image instead of pointing to the ground was twisted and pointed sideways towards the propellers. I thought the camera had come off and I landed in an emergency but the camera was well placed on the drone. I rebooted the system and flew again but the problem recurred.

Does anyone know what may have happened?

By
I rebooted the system and flew again but the problem recurred.
I think by these words the camera started normally when on the ground, and misbehaved again after take off?
Is the camera sounding any beep codes when starting?
Is it sounding any beep codes after the problem occurs?
If the camera is making beep sounds, listen to the pattern. The pattern will be 1 to 4 long sounds, followed by 1 to 4 short sounds, a slight pause, and then repeats until the camera is powered off.

Sounds familiar. Similar thing happend to me and the camera had to be sent for repair. Before i sent it through for fixing though it had helped temporarily to take e90 off h520 and placing it back on the drone. I gained some few flights more until the camera was dead.

I think by these words the camera started normally when on the ground, and misbehaved again after take off?
Is the camera sounding any beep codes when starting?
Is it sounding any beep codes after the problem occurs?
If the camera is making beep sounds, listen to the pattern. The pattern will be 1 to 4 long sounds, followed by 1 to 4 short sounds, a slight pause, and then repeats until the camera is powered off.
Thanks for the reply. The camera started correctly and in the middle of the flight it was when it began to fail.

Sounds familiar. Similar thing happend to me and the camera had to be sent for repair. Before i sent it through for fixing though it had helped temporarily to take e90 off h520 and placing it back on the drone. I gained some few flights more until the camera was dead.
Bad news. I'll try it again to see what happens.

Did they replace the IMU in the camera or did they find other issues?

I've had this happen a few times randomly but it always goes away after I reboot (and stays away) and I've been flying it for over two years since the first time I've noticed it. It's like the camera just goes limp and free spins in the middle of the flight. Always thought it was just a boot-up problem on the camera or a bad connection issue.

I've had this happen a few times randomly but it always goes away after I reboot (and stays away) and I've been flying it for over two years since the first time I've noticed it. It's like the camera just goes limp and free spins in the middle of the flight. Always thought it was just a boot-up problem on the camera or a bad connection issue.
Ok. Today I have rebooted the system and recalibrated the gimbal and compass. I have scheduled a new survey and have done the job without any problem. All right.

—————-

Hoy he reiniciado el sistema y recalibrado timbal y brújula. He creado una nueva misión (tipo surver) y he completado el trabajo sin problemas. Todo correcto.

Reactions: Pawel_(PL)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval