Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with camera CGO3 4K (DRONE Q500 4K)

Reaction score
Hello everyone, a few days ago when my dron dropped something happened with my camera. Then my footage is shabby and I think some part is missing. Need I buy a new camera or just one part?

Here is a video!!

Interesting. It looks like the lens holder has become unglued from the camera. Most lenses are threaded so you can focus the lens. The way yours is right now you need to be careful not to get dust in there. Can you just not dab some hot glue to hold it back in? Is it in focus when you replace it?

But I do not see anywhere where I can spell this thread??(sorry for my bad English,i am from Croatia)

It is possible the lens just sits in the camera. All you might have to do is just reglue it so it does not move. Before you do make sure it is focused and dust free.

People use one of those little hot glue guns. Just enough to hold it in place.

To make the job easier you might want to remove the camera cover. It is held on by 4 small screws. It comes apart very easily. That will give you more room to work with.
Good luck

@Agustine Today or tomorrow I will disassemble my CGO3 4k, so I will record a new video and put it here. I want her to record it as before if some part is missing i will buy a new one.

It is hard to tell if a part is missing. The lens that you pulled out of the camera is it threaded on the end?
That lens should have been glue into place so I do not understand how it just pops right out.
Watching videos of people who change out the lens it is not very easy to get out because of all the glue Yuneec uses to hold them in place. So I don't know if the lens mount is threaded or not. Some are and some are not. Yours might be just set to a fixed position and glued into place.
Perhaps someone has had their CGO3 apart to change the lens would know if a part is missing. I cannot say for sure what the problem might be.

Last edited:
Sinko46, I would suggest replacing the camera. Walmart sells them for about $200.00 at their online store. Alternatively, there are places that may be able to repair it for you correctly, but it will cost you about the same amount of money. A key issue here is that getting the lens focused correctly after it comes out is quite difficult. In addition, if you hit the camera hard enough to knock the lens out, it is likely the gimbal is also damaged. Save yourself from chasing gremlins and just spring for a direct replacement. You have a good drone, and the CGO3 is a good camera worth putting the money into. I actually have 4 Typhoon 4K drones exactly like yours for my production company.

All is okay,lens and gimbal was not damaged.Cgo3 have autofocus or focus is fixed?

All is okay,lens and gimbal was not damaged.Cgo3 have autofocus or focus is fixed?
The focus is fixed. It is set when the lens is installed. Once the lens comes out, the focus has been altered. You will have to work with fine adjustments moving the lens in and out until it is sharp.

Only going by his video it looks like his CGO3 has no threaded adjustment. Some of the CGO3+ cameras had that and people had to buy threaded lens mount when they went to change out the lens. I might be wrong but it looks like the glue just let go and it only needs to be glued back down to the fixed position that was set at the factory. Hard to tell unless you see it close up.

Only going by his video it looks like his CGO3 has no threaded adjustment. Some of the CGO3+ cameras had that and people had to buy threaded lens mount when they went to change out the lens. I might be wrong but it looks like the glue just let go and it only needs to be glued back down to the fixed position that was set at the factory. Hard to tell unless you see it close up.
That is possible, however, if the glue residue is not completely removed (very difficult to do) when he glues the housing back in, it will be too far from the CMOS sensor and will result in an out-of-focus condition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss