Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with SD card

A1C

Reaction score
when I take a picture I get this notice on my screen, in red, CAMERA SD CARD FULL
but I had deleted all my old pictures off of it, so I know it is empty of photos... Any suggestions what might be causing this ?

Thank-you I will give this a try, and hopefully that will solve my problem...

I also ran into this problem some time back. Bear with me as I try to help/explain. From what I remember, you have to have a card that is class 10 or 20. (I think it's a speed thing) And you have to format it IN THE ST16. If you format it on a home cum-pooter, it will not work. Card memory size comes into play too. If the memory of the card is larger than the expectations of Yuneec's program engineering, it also wont work. And as odd as it sounds, card manufacturer makes a difference. Simply put, some work, and some don't.

is it a class 10 32 gb or smaller or one from china bough on ebay ? . if your card is small that's what you will get , each 5 minute of video takes over a GB of data . it adds up quick .

is it a class 10 32 gb or smaller or one from china bough on ebay ? . if your card is small that's what you will get , each 5 minute of video takes over a GB of data . it adds up quick .
You touch on 2 good points. 1; EBAY, and 2; China! I have no problem with Ebay what-so-ever, but "China" is the key to the problem. And Ebay is a magnet for their shoddy sales. I ran into issues with a few purchases of items from china, and on a good note, Ebay backed me up 100%. I no longer buy anything that comes from China through ebay.

thanks for the help and information guys, but reformatting the sd card again from my computer worked it is all good ready to shoot a lot of photos once again... :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
thanks for the help and information guys, but reformatting the sd card again from my computer worked it is all good ready to shoot a lot of photos once again... :)
From your cum-pooter!! Now you educate us as to how you made it work. What manufacturer is the card? And what class/size is it?

From your cum-pooter!! Now you educate us as to how you made it work. What manufacturer is the card? And what class/size is it?

It is a Sandisk 32mb micro sad card and I have a Mac comp. I youtubed how to reformat micro sad card with a Mac and there you have it, it worked just fine

Reactions: NRRTRAINS

If using a Windows computer it will work every time if formatted in FAT32. It will even work using Windows 10 formatted as exFAT.

Both quick and standard processes normally work fine.

If you’re computer won’t do it you’re doing something wrong or your computer is messed up.

You touch on 2 good points. 1; EBAY, and 2; China! I have no problem with Ebay what-so-ever, but "China" is the key to the problem. And Ebay is a magnet for their shoddy sales. I ran into issues with a few purchases of items from china, and on a good note, Ebay backed me up 100%. I no longer buy anything that comes from China through ebay.

Be careful, there are still a lot of China based companies that have a US based warehouse for all shipping. For stuff like SD cards where you have to be careful of where its from, I'll only buy them from a big name brick and mortar store. All of my SD cards now come from the microcenter down the street.

I always format the SD card using the ST16 to do so when the card is in the camera. Never a hiccup that way. Its something I learned from digital still cameras and avoiding formatting on computers.

When you delete photos/videos on the card, they go to the Trash folder on the card. You need to empty the Trash folder to recover SD card space.

Reactions: Rubik
As an aside I fly drones with gopro cams as well and i discovered sd card used in the gopro will not work in the typhoon without formatting

Many understand little about the equipment they are flying and even less with what they are using to record and play back recorded video. The first things they blame when the results fail to meet expectations are the camera and the SD card. Fact is, if they blamed their lack of knowledge instead of the aerial rig or camera most would finally isolate and correctly identify the problems they experience. It’s not “plug and play”. You have to know something about what you are doing first.

If using a Windows computer it will work every time if formatted in FAT32. It will even work using Windows 10 formatted as exFAT.

Both quick and standard processes normally work fine.

If you’re computer won’t do it you’re doing something wrong or your computer is messed up.

I always format the SD card using the ST16 to do so when the card is in the camera. Never a hiccup that way. Its something I learned from digital still cameras and avoiding formatting on computers.

Just how do you format the Micro SD card in the ST16? My original card that came with my TH has gone bad and won't reformat using my Windows 7 desktop or my Windows 7 Laptop.
It's not a big deal since I now use a Class 10 UH3 Micro SD card in my TH. But I would sure like to try formatting the original card if I knew how to do it in the ST16. I did put the card in the camera just so you know.

Turn on both the ST-16 and the H... once the camera comes up with the SD card recognized, go into camera settings... one of the menu options is to format SD card.

Exactly...

BTW, that original SD card was barely adequate for recording video and was best saved and used exclusively for performing firmware updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval