Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop detachment

Reaction score
I went to work early this morning intending to catch the sunrise of some marshland I live near; there is often a good mist this time of year.

I did my preflight checks and made sure the aircraft was ready to fly as per normal, then proceeded to take off, when it was 3 foot off the ground a prop suddenly detached itself! I immediately landed and shut it down.

Upon inspection of the prop, I couldn't see anything that may have been an issue and will have to assume I didn't fit it correctly in the first place.

Incidentally, the flight, short as it was, was pretty stable :|

I've had that happen to me twice, when I thought I attached them properly it wasn't. Now I triple check by twisting both ways. It sometimes seems to be installed and snug but it only seems that way.

I've had that happen to me twice, when I thought I attached them properly it wasn't. Now I triple check by twisting both ways. It sometimes seems to be installed and snug but it only seems that way.

That's exactly what I will be doing from now on!

I have issues installing props when the temp gets around 45 degrees F. Difficulty getting them to click in fully. The same with my Typhoon H.
My solution: I put the props on before I leave the house while they're warmer.
Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech