Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K came with ST12 controller

Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten the ST12 with the 4K? I got a good deal on my drone at best buy, but I'm pretty sure it was a reverb. There wasn't a lanyard and not until yesterday did I notice the "N" is missing from the YU EEC badge on the drone.

Reactions: PilotRichard
Found another question in the forum.
St-12 vs St-10
Guess I wasn't three only one. Sorry for the redundancy.

Noticed my Q500 badge is EEC, no YUN. Is that the sign of a refurb?

Received a st12 with my Q as well. Bought it through Beech camera via Amazon. Everything looked new; better be for the price I paid. Hoping I can use it with an H I plan on buying.

Reactions: PilotRichard
Has anyone else gotten the ST12 with the 4K? I got a good deal on my drone at best buy, but I'm pretty sure it was a reverb. There wasn't a lanyard and not until yesterday did I notice the "N" is missing from the YU EEC badge on the drone.
I just bought a brand new Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K, and it arrrived with the ST12 Transmitter also ($500 set Ebay). I did some reading and this is the next generation of the ST10+. It has 2 more channels - ST12, with one dedicated to the lifting of "Landing Gear" (Left) and un-used dial on right. This is the TX that comes with Yuneec's Tornado and Typhoon H. It has the exact same Specifics on TX Range etc, so it's a better Transmitter period. My drone and TX are working perfectly, and I'll be able to use this TX on another Yuneec Hexacoptor Drone, Yaaa ! Oh and the YUNEEC Logo is only lightly glued onto the canopy, so I used Clearcoat "TouchUp" paint for my car and sealed it in place. LOL ST12 Specs.PNG ST12 TX.PNG

Reactions: Cesnep
The ST12 is also compatible with the Typhoon H. A word to the wise through-do not update the firmware on the ST12 or it will render the extra controls useless if you did want to use it with a Typhoon H.

The ST12 is also compatible with the Typhoon H. A word to the wise through-do not update the firmware on the ST12 or it will render the extra controls useless if you did want to use it with a Typhoon H.
Good to know, thanks .

I have both the 10 and the 12. I seem to get a little better range and less signal loss with the 12. Flew same Q500 today with both controllers, two different flights of course, and I just like the 12 better. Maybe just because I'm a sentimental ole fool and she was my first.

Just noticed in the picture of the controller, bottom left looks like a clock or timer of some sort. Mine says flight settings, I think. If have to look to be sure but I know it's not a "timer". Hmm

I just picked up a Q500 4K off of eBay and didn't realize that the controller wasn't an ST10 until I noticed the up/down switch. I figured it was for landing gear which the Q500 obviously doesn't have. I looked at the label more closely and noticed that it actually said ST12.

I Googled the ST12 and found that the Tornado came with it. I tested the controller with the flight simulator and it didn't have any problems controlling the Q500 but neither does my ST16. I took the drone outside today. Calibrated the compass. Did a motor test run. After that checked out I took it up about 2 feet and did a slow and small course run. Landed and checked everything. It was all in proper working order. So I relaunched the drone and took it up to 45 feet and made a quick orbit, took some pictures and brought it back down. That was enough for a first flight day and the sun was going down so I packed it up.

One thing I realized after the flight was despite having read the manual and watched several videos I didn't know what the return to home voltage was. That is, at what voltage should you land the drone to keep from risking losing it?

A few of the Q500s came from the factory with ST12 controllers. Not a problem. It runs the same firmware as the ST10+.
The low battery warning comes in at about 10.6 or 10.7 volts. But at that voltage, different batteries have different remaining capacity (flight time) available to get back on the ground. Many fliers head home at about 11 volts indicated.

A few of the Q500s came from the factory with ST12 controllers. Not a problem. It runs the same firmware as the ST10+.
The low battery warning comes in at about 10.6 or 10.7 volts. But at that voltage, different batteries have different remaining capacity (flight time) available to get back on the ground. Many fliers head home at about 11 volts indicated.

Thanks! That’s good information to have.

I assume this (in the yellow box) is the landing gear button that has no function with the Q500 4K. I know the dial on the right has no function. But what is this one? I also have the ST 12 with my Q500 4K.

Attachments

• ST 12.jpg
    ST 12.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 9
If you are referring to the red button you have circled it is the motor arm/disarm switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval