Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K Camera beeping

Reaction score
I am not very tech savy. I have the typhoon Q500 4k and my controller says ST10+. My camera keeps beeping and not sure what to do. I was not able to enter the secret menu. I tried following the instructions above but after clicking on settings I do not see "About Controller". I see "About Flight Mode Control" and tapping on that mutliple times did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am not very tech savy. I have the typhoon Q500 4k and my controller says ST10+. My camera keeps beeping and not sure what to do. I was not able to enter the secret menu. I tried following the instructions above but after clicking on settings I do not see "About Controller". I see "About Flight Mode Control" and tapping on that mutliple times did nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is for the ST-16 for the Typhoon H. The ST-10 has something similar. Try looking in the Q500 forum for the ST-10+ calibration. I’ll do the same and send a link if I find it.

Are sure the camera is beeping, not the copter? If it is really the cam, the secret menu will not help. Camera beeps are error codes from Gimbal - not good.

The secret menu in the ST10+ can be reached as follows:
System Settings (OK) > About Flight Mode Control > then tap 5 times on "Android version" item

To calibrate the sticks set all sliders to middle position first!
Controler Test > Yellow Conroller test Enter > Next > You see Step3: Calibration Start > Move sticks and sliders to both end positions until buttons will be green > Next > Step4 check all sliders sticks and buttons until they go green > finish.

Be careful with all options and buttons in secret menu. Do only things where you know what you are doing. Don't change anything.

br HE

@Scottyz

I found the information and have links to YouTube videos that address the subject.

First though is to determine if it is actually the camera beeping or the ST-10+ that is emitting the beeps. As @h-elsner commented above, if the camera is the culprit for the beeps, the ST-10+ calibration will not fix the issue.

If the ST-10+ is the source of the beeps it is likely you have a control stick that is not centered. If that is the case going to the hardware monitor will let you know how well the switches and controls are working. Check that all switches show the setting changes without chatter and that the camera tilt and rate sliders function smoothly. Operate the sticks through the full range of motion both fast and slowly and see that they return to the null position. If they don’t clean the potentiometers and retest in the Hardware Monitor. If they still don’t center after cleaning, then run the ST-10+ calibration.

EDIT: I removed the YouTube links as one of our resident Q500 experts let me know there were serious errors in them.

We will try to find appropriate vids that have correct procedures.

Last edited:
Just added those videos to the Q HowTo: Calibrations thread... ?

@Eagle's Eye Video , I’ll go pull those links from the calibrations in the How To for now.

no prob... LMK when we have some more usable ones...

@Scottyz,
Please clarify whether the camera is beeping, or if something else is beeping.
If it is the camera, also note the lights in the gimbal area, the little light on the front of the camera, if the camera stabilizes, begins to make strange movements, or does nothing at all.

Camera jerks and then rolls down. small camera light is red then starts flashing green while beeping. 4 long beeps and then 2 short beeps, and then repeats. front lights on drone are flashing white, tail lights flashing red.Back beneath tail is flashing blue.

@Scottyz

I found the information and have links to YouTube videos that address the subject.

First though is to determine if it is actually the camera beeping or the ST-10+ that is emitting the beeps. As @h-elsner commented above, if the camera is the culprit for the beeps, the ST-10+ calibration will not fix the issue.

If the ST-10+ is the source of the beeps it is likely you have a control stick that is not centered. If that is the case going to the hardware monitor will let you know how well the switches and controls are working. Check that all switches show the setting changes without chatter and that the camera tilt and rate sliders function smoothly. Operate the sticks through the full range of motion both fast and slowly and see that they return to the null position. If they don’t clean the potentiometers and retest in the Hardware Monitor. If they still don’t center after cleaning, then run the ST-10+ calibration.

EDIT: I removed the YouTube links as one of our resident Q500 experts let me know there were serious errors in them.

We will try to find appropriate vids that have correct procedures.
This is the first forum I have ever joined. I am very impressed at all the responses and how helpful everyone is. Thank you.

OK, first thing is DO NOT attempt to calibrate the controller. It is unlikely the controller is the issue, and if it is, calibration with a bad slider will mess you up in ways you don't want to deal with.
With that said, we do want to eliminate the controller as a cause. So, the easy way to check is in the controller "Hardware Monitor". Make sure the K1 indication moves full travel, and moves smoothly, when you operate the camera tilt slider. If so, the controller is not the issue. Please check that, and tell us what you see.

" front lights on drone are flashing white, tail lights flashing red. Back beneath tail is flashing blue.
The drone lights are just telling you that either the drone is not bound properly, or the controller is not turned on. Not likely to be related to the camera issue, but you should probably bind the drone to the controller at least long enough to eliminate this as a possibility.

OK, first thing is DO NOT attempt to calibrate the controller. It is unlikely the controller is the issue, and if it is, calibration with a bad slider will mess you up in ways you don't want to deal with.
With that said, we do want to eliminate the controller as a cause. So, the easy way to check is in the controller "Hardware Monitor". Make sure the K1 indication moves full travel, and moves smoothly, when you operate the camera tilt slider. If so, the controller is not the issue. Please check that, and tell us what you see.
I turned on the controller and did notice a slight difference in the drone reaction. The camera did not jerk or move around, it just started beeping like usual. RC was complete and video WIFI connected. When the controller connected to the drone I can see that the camera is capturing a image. When I went to the Hardware Monitor the K1 moved smoothly and travel was good. So that looks just fine. The only difference is the light underneath in the back is flashing back and forth between green and orange. I'm not sure if that means anything?

Not sure about the orange green. If the controller is in smart mode, and the compass calibration is off, you would get two orange and one green. (compass indication could be because you are indoors and near something (like a smartphone, PC, etc.) that temporarily throws the compass off.

I tried to create some problems on a CGo3 that would create the 4 long and two short beep pattern. Could not re-create it, and once again a search on the internet did not reveal the meaning of this code.

Do you have a Steadygrip, or even another Q500? It would be good to completely eliminate everything except the camera.

Once all else is eliminated, the next step is probably going to be to call Yuneec, (or KAV in Kansas city) and talk about sending the camera for repairs. By the way, has the camera been bumped, or jolted out of its rubber "dampers" recently?

Not sure about the orange green. If the controller is in smart mode, and the compass calibration is off, you would get two orange and one green. (compass indication could be because you are indoors and near something (like a smartphone, PC, etc.) that temporarily throws the compass off.

I tried to create some problems on a CGo3 that would create the 4 long and two short beep pattern. Could not re-create it, and once again a search on the internet did not reveal the meaning of this code.

Do you have a Steadygrip, or even another Q500? It would be good to completely eliminate everything except the camera.

Once all else is eliminated, the next step is probably going to be to call Yuneec, (or KAV in Kansas city) and talk about sending the camera for repairs. By the way, has the camera been bumped, or jolted out of its rubber "dampers" recently?
Camera has not been bumped. I will contact Yuneec and see what they say. Thank you for all the time and effort you put into trying to resolve this issue. I greatly appreciate it. When I find out what is happening I will post a update.

Please update for sure if you find out what failure causes the four long, two short camera code. That one has been elusive, to say the least. Yuneec is not known for giving out such information, but it would be a good piece of information to post if you happen to find out.

@Scottyz

Not sure if you have the manual for your Q so here is a pdf copy.

Attachments

• q500_4k_user_manual.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
  • q500_4k_cheat_sheet_warning_sheet.pdf
    466.9 KB · Views: 6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy