Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4k Stuck in emergency mode after crash, no obstructions

Reaction score
Hi! I crashed my Q500 and ever since it has been stuck in emergency mode. I have made sure there were no obstructions, but I can't get it out. It has one beep/second and flashes white repeatedly and then red, green, blue. I've updated firmware.

I also plugged it into the GUI, did the ESC assignment, only thing weird is that the voltage there is showing 0.1V and that the battery is low. The batteries are fully charged and testing at full voltage, I've also used a voltage tester to make sure the boards are getting their voltage. Controller doesn't see the drone at all, and the drone won't enter bind mode from this state.

Any suggestions? Anyone have something similar happen?

Did you tip the Q forward a few times to see if it will enter bind mode. The status light will change to orange flashing in bind mode.

Reactions: kyray25404
When you connect the USB cable to the Q500 for the GUI, is there a connection in the battery compartment that you unplug or is it a single cable?

Okay. I'm wondering if some of those wires were ripped during the crash. Have you gently tugged on those wires? Look inside the batt compartment and see if anything looks loose.

Okay. I'm wondering if some of those wires were ripped during the crash. Have you gently tugged on those wires? Look inside the batt compartment and see if anything looks loose.

It's driving me crazy, I took the entire thing apart, checked all the wires, everything seems to be there... in theory it should work, if the ESC's were bad, they'd fail on the GUI, correct?

There were no red x's on the GUI? Everything was green?
Did you run each motor individually and check for the proper rotation?

There were no red x's on the GUI? Everything was green?
Did you run each motor individually and check for the proper rotation?

Everything was green, I ran each motor multiple times, assigned them all... assigned them again for fun. It won't let me calibrate the accelerometer, it times out each time... could that be the problem?

Everything was green, I ran each motor multiple times, assigned them all... assigned them again for fun. It won't let me calibrate the accelerometer, it times out each time... could that be the problem?
Yes. That is a problem. Was there any damage to the aircraft?

Also, in the GUI, did you see numbers in the X, Y, Z axis and did they change when you tipped the Q?

I've never tried to find the components on the Q so I can't say for sure. I have one with the shell open so I'll take a look later. However, it might be worth using a hair dryer on it for about 15 min on low heat.

I've never tried to find the components on the Q so I can't say for sure. I have one with the shell open so I'll take a look later. However, it might be worth using a hair dryer on it for about 15 min on low heat.

Okay... so It's not beeping any more, but tilting it isn't putting it into bind mode... at least one piece of the puzzle is working

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval