Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 G GOPRO MK58 no comand respond

Reaction score
Hello, I ask for help please, I changed the MK 58 of the Typhoon G, they can be linked to the ST10 +, the camera is replicated on the screen, the Gimbal pitch angle works, but I can not film or take photos, take photo buttom and start stop video recording buttom give error. Thank you.
Sorry for my bad English

I don't know much about the MK58, but page 28 of the manual implies there is an additional binding process for the MK58. It seems to be saying there are three binding processes for the Q500 using MK58. One for drone, one for GoPro, and one for MK58. Have you bound the MK58?
MK58 bind.JPG

Thank you very much for the reply.
I followed the whole process indicated on page 28, but still doing the same fault, the camera works fine, the cable is new, the MK58 cable is on, I can see the on the ST10 + the images and move the gimbal. It does not work is to capture photos and videos. It says, as appropriate, Failed to take a snapshot or
Faled to start record

Ah. I think I may understand your issue now.
GoPro and Yuneec never agreed on a price to import the GoPro Codes for start/stop video or take pictures. The ST10+ buttons will not work on a GoPro camera. You have to use an external device, such as a smartphone, to actually take pictures or record video. Or start recording before you begin the flight.
Please be aware I do not know this by my own knowledge. I remember reading it elsewhere, and am only repeating information that I cannot verify. And I am not certain I recall the details correctly. But it seems to fit with what you are seeing.

Very clear, I think that happens. For others, I am testing with the remote control of the GOPRO, which allows remote control, and it seems you can see everything on the screen, but perform those functions from the same remote control. Thank you very much for the answer, but I would always be left with uncertainty

The GoPro has never been able to be operated using the buttons on the controller. I bought a GoPro remote to work the camera, but never used it in case it upset the other control signals and it has limited distance anyway. So I switch on and start the GoPro before take off on either timed shots or choose to take both video and timed photos together. I send it up and leave it to take as many shots/video as required, bring it down and just delete any shots I don't want and edit the video on the computer.

Thanks Pegasus
It is very useful to know that you have already tried to solve it, even if it is unsuccessful.
I tried pairing the remote control with the Gopro, and then starting the drone and it worked. It's true, I think the range of the remote control is over 100 meters.
But, as you say activate before the gopró and record throughout the flight. It's harder with the photos
Regards

Everywhere I have read or seen about the Typhoon G does not recommend using the Go Pro Remote with the drone. So like Pegasus, I use the video and interval photo feature on the GoPro, and truth be told, it's pretty good. If you really are afraid that you're going to miss a shot you can decrease the interval between photos. Currently, you can only the GPH 3, 3+ and the 4 and I am not aware of any new adapters. The GPH are great little cameras that have a lot of filters that you can interchange with and the video and photos are top notch.

Thanks Mokuluani for your advice. I have the GPH 4, and I'm going to try using the interval function. I still don't know how to separate the video files from the photos, the program doesn't show me the files separately. I will try again

Thanks Mokuluani for your advice. I have the GPH 4, and I'm going to try using the interval function. I still don't know how to separate the video files from the photos, the program doesn't show me the files separately. I will try again
Pablo,

You might check the icon if you are in the video +photo mode because there are certain video modes that will work with this feature and some not.

Thank you very much, I will try to do it that way and check if I can verify all the video and photo files

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval