Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 Gimbal Problem

Reaction score
Crashed Drone second time. First time pulled wires lose and I soldered them back, Worked fine. Second crash pulled chunk out of board. Used the bypass cable and the camera works but not the gimbal. The horizontal motor took a hard hit and I think it may be damaged. Any suggestions ?

I have a similar issue with the wires and I bought my drone 3 days ago. The wires ripped from the gimbal after I landed normally and started to notice the gimbal dangling and 3 wires ripped. It suppose to control the motion of the gimbal, but not the camera. I called support and they wanted to claim it as a crash and charge $50 per hr for repairs. I might just return it. Just very disappointed because I was having a great time flying it and this happened. :(

Crashed my Q500 4K on a job in a remote location. The 3 wires ripped out of the circuit board and I went online to see how to reattach them so I could continue with the job. What I found was a Youtube video about these wires and found out that they are connected to 3 contacts on the slide-in camera platform but there isn't any contacts on the bird. Turns out it was an old design and the 3 wire harness that plugs in with a block now carries all the camera and gimbal functions. Plugged that back in and went flying. Good detail to know!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece