Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

q500 TX telemetry

Reaction score
Q500 My tx telemetry distance shows that if i am 100 ft up right above me it is 100 ft distance, my bugs2 will show 0 when right above, is this normal?

On the right side of the ST10+ are readouts from top to bottom:
Volts
Alt
G-Spd
Dist

Are you saying that you get a 100 ft Dist reading when the Q500 is 100 ft right above you?

With the Q500 at an altitude of 100 ft send it out 75 ft and see if your Dist reads 125 ft. If it does the Dist scale is showing actual distance from the ST10 to the aircraft.

I’m sure someone with a Q500 will chime in soon to verify how it actually works.

Reactions: Stevenq500
That is just a theory. I need verification if that is correct.

I just checked mine sitting on a table. With the ST10+ sitting less than a foot away, it shows 9ft distance. It changes if I walk around the room with the controller, but never gets back to 0. But then I'm indoors at night with only 9 satellites. I would assume this is going by satellite relay rather than wifi.

I have been discharging batteries to 50% prior to storage based on industry recommendations. As it runs with no props on, the Q500 4K (ST10) gives altimeter and ground speed readings all over the place. It seems like it is attempting some kind of "dead reckoning" calculations in the absence of certain types of information. This was with the GPS turned off, and the ST10 in angle mode.

Are you doing this indoors where the GPS signals are not good?

If that is the case, the GPS positions will be haywire and therefore generate false signals in the rest of the inertial measurement system.

Yes Doom, I am. That said, I suspect the same thing may be happening with Mr. 100. If the drone or the receiver lack some kind of info, it seems they like to throw off their best guess as law.

I've seen the GPS coordinates from indoor flight logs roam for several hundred yards without the aircraft actually moving.

Yeah, which makes sense. The simple reality is that we have lots of different kinds of GPS direction & location finders in our lives and satellites require line of sight. Manufactures build in some kind of dead reckoning system to fill in the gaps, and no such system is perfect in the best of conditions, let alone extended "blindness". Even clouds can block sats at times. I just think Mr. 100 was either flying on a cloudy day, he was between some mountains, or at some point, he crashed his drone hard enough to knock the receiver haywire.

By the way, Doom, are you aware of a computer-based flight simulator for the Q500 4K? It was referred to in a Typhoon H thread I was reading the other day. I recently purchased 4 Typhoon Q500 4K drones for use in media production. I am not an experienced drone pilot, so it seems like the simulator would help a lot. If there is not one specifically for the Q500, would the H version be close enough to help my skills? Finally, where would I get the software, and how does the interface work? Thanks in advance.

I don't have either the Q500 or the Typhoon H, but the simulator can be downloaded from the Yuneec website Downloads UAV Pilot. You will also need the Simu-connector (dongle) to connect your ST-XX controller to the computer. The UAV-Pilot simulator runs on Windows.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy