Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec q500 strafes to right?

Reaction score
could somebody please help me whit my yuneec q500, this drone strafes to right all the time when its hovering, i need to drive stick againts it to fly straight. this problem appeared after " fail landing when i landed to ground, i flipped the drone litle on ground, and broke blades. Installed new blades and problem is strafing

should i reset drone, if so how?
maybe look parameters somehow if there is something which leads to it?

could somebody please help me whit my yuneec q500, this drone strafes to right all the time when its hovering, i need to drive stick againts it to fly straight. this problem appeared after " fail landing when i landed to ground, i flipped the drone litle on ground, and broke blades. Installed new blades and problem is strafing

should i reset drone, if so how?
maybe look parameters somehow if there is something which leads to it?
Usually, after a crash or flip, the drone will need to be re-calibrate gps and accelerometer,and that has solved my problems as long as there is no internal damage. Make sure batteries are fully charged and I am sure you have read the entire manual and have battery care in check. Peace K.C.

Also, many issues such as this come from the Controller.
First check would be the hardware monitor:
  1. Go to Flight Settings -> Hardware Monitor.
  2. Ensure rabbit/turtle slider (K2) is full "up" for rabbit.
  3. Look at the values for "J4" near the lower right of the screen. J4 should read zero both on the scale and on the displayed value.
  4. Move the right stick left and right. The values for J4 should move smoothly to something very near 100% in both directions. J4 should return sharply to zero when the stick is released.

If a problem is noted with J4 (or any other control device), the next step is to clean the pots. (The video is from an ST16, but the pots are pretty much the same.)

If cleaning the pots does not correct the problem, the choice becomes doing a stick calibration or replacing the right gimbal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop