Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question for pilots whose TH has crashed...

Yep, mine fell from 125 feet and It was ugly, the camera 1st and then the arms - battery failure was indeed the cause.

If I get a chance I’ll attach the chute to my frankendrone and grab a video of it tomorrow

I bought a used parachute on eBay that was meant For a hubsan. I’m cheap and I wanted to experiment. I’m not trying to sell anything. Anyway, I tested the chute today after modifications and it will deploy under 25’. I hope to try it on my test drone this week. If it is successful I will continue to make an attachment system for the H. There are a few videos of this parachute being used but I don’t think they make them anymore. I think a great use for the aux button would be a parachute deployment system that cuts the motors and launches the chute.
Please post up pictures once you get it figured out. I have the same system and have been looking at my H trying to figure out how to mount it.

Please post up pictures once you get it figured out. I have the same system and have been looking at my H trying to figure out how to mount it.
I do have a video but after the chute deployed it went behind a tree so it doesnt show much of the drone landing. For best result play in slow motion. You can clearly see the chute deploy. I attached my modified canister and chute to the top of my frankindrone. I chose this config because it would have to be, in my opinion, attached to the top of the H. My thought was to buy a second top for my H and afix the canister to it. Anyway the test went well. I cut power to the drone at about 100ft. To my surprise the drone did not flip over to 80 deg to luanch the chute. However as the drone rapidly deceded the chute deployed straight up. This leads me to believe that there may be an inertia sensor on the circuitboard in the cannister that will also deploy the chute. In my opinion thats extremely good news, most people on record say the H decends straight down as opposed to flipping over, but this will require additional testing to confirm. Thanks for your interest, j

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NetsolWater