Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question from "Roadkill" thread about transmitters

Reaction score
The destroyed q500 Roadkill had been replaced. Now at a second location I fly at regularly, the original ground station, an ST12 has flown this location for a year with no problems. Now I bind the new Q to original! ST 12, and get 5quick blue flashing lights, ( no fly zone?)and nothing coonects but camera view. So I bind to new st10 and everything works normal. Anything I can do to remedy this, or just be sure to use the 10 at this location?

Is the 5 quick blue flashes on the main LED or is it on the below motor LEDS?

Does your other Q fly with the ST12 from this location?
Does the new "roadkill" fly with the ST12 in other locations.

Do you get the 5 blue flashes when you press motor start?
If not, where in the normal sequence does it occur?

Sorry for all the questions. This is a new one to me.

5 flashes in 1 sec in main LED

Q flys with ST10 BUT NOTHING ON ST12, This location.flys from other locations with either control.

5 quick flashes constant. Motors will not spin up with 12 but flies normally with 10

Maybe calibrate 12 from secret menu?

Maybe calibrate 12 from secret menu?

I don't think it's a secret menu issue, and the dangers of messing with that menu warrant leaving it to a VERY last resort.
Do you know for sure you are in a no-fly zone, or only suspect it?
You can tell I don't know much about no-fly zones. I'm not close to any, and have never had to deal with it.

According to B4UFLY, there's 2 private fields, but I been flying here for a year and a half. So until I can come up with some sort of workable answer, l fly the 10 there and the 12 elsewhere. Just seems real strange. Thought about doing recaps, but then determined it's the controller not the bird

For some reason, the ST12 is loosing it's bind with the new Q. I would at least try deleting the current model, then create a new one, and try it again.
It would be strange if it was related to that particular location, but man, would it be interesting if continues to happen at that same field, and no where else. Is there anything strange about the location, like radio stations, power lines, metal structures?

Did you get the ST12 to bind to the Q? I wondered if you still had the ST12 still bound to the other one. You have to swap the selected model when you switch from one drone to the other, of course, but sometimes I forget.

Haven't been back yet. That one is at g/f's house. Hoping to get there tomorrow. Not sure, but don't remember binding after changing so can't answer yet. Was under the impression once it's binded, I should only need to choose model. But it does make sense because the camera view was onscreen but showed no data from drone( bat, says,height, etc. And when I looked at the cheat sheet and it showed 5 blue flashes per sec, I really didn't look much further. Was just weird because I've used the ST12 for a year there, only change was the drone, and the 12 worked here at home with #2 Q. Hopefully will have the answers tomorrow. Will keep you informed.

It's a two way street. You should only need to choose the right model, UNLESS you bound the drone to the other controller in the meantime. Then you have to bind it back to the ST12 again.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Nice little tidbit of information. That's what happened. The still photo button was stuck on one controller, so I changed controllers. Picked model but didn't re-bind. Later I played with the button and found it was just stuck. Pulled out and it clicked so now everything is working. Thanks. Maybe my ignorance can help someone else.

Good Job. Glad it's OK again. Another interesting tidbit is that the controller WILL recognize the camera again, without rebinding. Sometimes I think the programmers did stuff like that just to confuse us.:) It sure works on me.:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval