Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Real Sense Assistance

Reaction score
Very Simply Please
will someone please tell me when I am in Smart Mode using OA with RS
activated will my
TY H go up and over a building with my Right
Stick full forward going
toward that structure.
Thanks
Keith Kuhn

Very simply, no. It will fly up to the building and stop, then wait for a different command. It will only navigate around obstacles on its own in "Follow Me" mode.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Very simply, no. It will fly up to the building and stop, then wait for a different command. It will only navigate around obstacles on its own in "Follow Me" mode.

Thank you.
So if I walk with the controller, in Smart Mode
Is it also in follow me mode ?
I am really confused about this. In Yuneecs Videos it shows the Drone climbing to avoid objects.
I know it will not detect tiny branches.
I hardly ever, maybe once used RS .
I just don't need any more pilot errors. I have had my share (LOL)
Thanks so much
Keith Kuhn

I am really confused about this.
I'm not sure I can answer that question as stated. I will say that until you feel you have a good understanding of how Smart Mode works, and how to enable it and use it, don't use it. Smart Mode is anything but "Smart", it is a complicated mode to use and understand, and it can get you into trouble until you have a good understanding of how it alters the normal control of the aircraft.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Thank you.
I am really confused about this. In Yuneecs Videos it shows the Drone climbing to avoid objects.
I know it will not detect tiny branches.
I hardly ever, maybe once used RS .
I just don't need any more pilot errors. I have had my share (LOL)
Thanks so much
Keith Kuhn

Keith,

Perhaps it might be easier to comprehend the answer to your question this way:

If one sets his ST16 in follow me mode, it is also in Smart mode.

However, Smart mode does not imply follow me mode.

The ST16 can be in smart mode without being in follow me mode.

One has to intentionally set the ST16 into follow me mode.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Reactions: DCH and KEITH KUHN
I'm not sure I can answer that question as stated. I will say that until you feel you have a good understanding of how Smart Mode works, and how to enable it and use it, don't use it. Smart Mode is anything but "Smart", it is a complicated mode to use and understand, and it can get you into trouble until you have a good understanding of how it alters the normal control of the aircraft.

I know what you mean about smart mode.
Make sure your Drone is far enough away from you + in a good clearing, so it does not collide into something upon launch.
Can U pick up from where I left off ?
Thanks
Keith Kuhn
Keith,

Perhaps it might be easier to comprehend the answer to your question this way:

If one sets his ST16 in follow me mode, it is also in Smart mode.

However, Smart mode does not imply follow me mode.

The ST16 can be in smart mode without being in follow me mode.

One has to intentionally set the ST16 into follow me mode.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Ok Thanks
K Kuhn

Review pages 32 through 34 to learn how the Smart mode and Follow/Watch function with Obstacle Avoidance on and off. With OA on with RS the TH will avoid obstacles, but it may not go up and over to avoid them.

I am also attaching the manual for the Q500 because it has an excellent diagram for how the right stick controls act on the aircraft in relation to the Smart Circle pilot protection zone. It is on the right half of page 13. That small section of Smart Mode with the diagrams is all that is applicable to the TH from that manual as the Smart Circle functions the same.

Hope this will help those not familiar with this function of the TH. There have been several new people as of late and the Smart mode should only be used after gaining an understanding of how it functions.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 5
  • q500_4k_user_manual.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: KEITH KUHN and DCH
Review pages 32 through 34 to learn how the Smart mode and Follow/Watch function with Obstacle Avoidance on and off. With OA on with RS the TH will avoid obstacles, but it may not go up and over to avoid them.

I am also attaching the manual for the Q500 because it has an excellent diagram for how the right stick controls act on the aircraft in relation to the Smart Circle pilot protection zone. It is on the right half of page 13. That small section of Smart Mode with the diagrams is all that is applicable to the TH from that manual as the Smart Circle functions the same.

Hope this will help those not familiar with this function of the TH. There have been several new people as of late and the Smart mode should only be used after gaining an understanding of how it functions.

Thank you very much.
Keith Kuhn

I hope Yuneec survives.
I love H series

I’m sure Yuneec will survive, but they have done even more damage to their reputation as of late with their lackluster Customer Support. I am tired of waiting for them to improve the way they treat their customers. When you send your aircraft in for warranty service you should have it back in less than a month (should actually be 2 weeks in most cases), not the months long ordeal many are experiencing in North America right now. I really don’t understand how they think they can get away with not paying their Service Centers like United Radio and KAV. I also like the H series and feel they are quite versatile and reliable for the most part, but this terrible CS and a lack of parts to do maintenance and self service on our aircraft has put me in a holding pattern with Yuneec. I will NOT invest anymore of my money into their company until they prove they care more about their customers and the businesses they use for servicing their products.

I don’t think I am alone in these feelings here in North America, and from posts I see on the forum Yuneec EU in Germany doesn’t fair much better in customer satisfaction than us. The only place CS seems to do a good job is in the U.K., and I would assume China (but we have little or no forum presence there). I think a formal announcement from Yuneec pertaining to who will be doing warranty work in North America would be a show of good faith to its customers here.

Okay, my speech is over and the soapbox is put away. Everyone can pull their fingers out of their ears and get back to business at hand. With that off of my chest I should be good for a couple of weeks or so. I would be much happier being an ambassador for Yuneec instead of wanting to hide my head in shame. We should be:

YuneecPilots

not

YuneecPilots

Last edited:
I found this video and taught you all might like to have a look at it also? The Real Sense portion looks very good and I hope it works as well for me.
Cheers.
Mike

All in all, the H-480 is an excellent aircraft. It’s greatest problem lies in the depth of ignorance, inability to review documentation, and limited cognitive reasoning of some users.

All in all, the H-480 is an excellent aircraft. It’s greatest problem lies in the depth of ignorance, inability to review documentation, and limited cognitive reasoning of some users.

I'd like to add that the Yuneec documentation is lacking in many ways. It's also not a good choice as your first drone unless you've got a good background in RC aircraft. If its your first drone buy an inexpensive one to learn on first. It will save the crying and feeling of inadequacy when you crash the TH-480. Also very important is reading the documentation and videos provided by TH-480 pilots and made available in this forum.

After that you should have a great time with the TH-480!!! I have.

I’m sure Yuneec will survive, but they have done even more damage to their reputation as of late with their lackluster Customer Support. I am tired of waiting for them to improve the way they treat their customers. When you send your aircraft in for warranty service you should have it back in less than a month (should actually be 2 weeks in most cases), not the months long ordeal many are experiencing in North America right now. I really don’t understand how they think they can get away with not paying their Service Centers like United Radio and KAV. I also like the H series and feel they are quite versatile and reliable for the most part, but this terrible CS and a lack of parts to do maintenance and self service on our aircraft has put me in a holding pattern with Yuneec. I will NOT invest anymore of my money into their company until they prove they care more about their customers and the businesses they use for servicing their products.

I don’t think I am alone in these feelings here in North America, and from posts I see on the forum Yuneec EU in Germany doesn’t fair much better in customer satisfaction than us. The only place CS seems to do a good job is in the U.K., and I would assume China (but we have little or no forum presence there). I think a formal announcement from Yuneec pertaining to who will be doing warranty work in North America would be a show of good faith to its customers here.

Okay, my speech is over and the soapbox is put away. Everyone can pull their fingers out of their ears and get back to business at hand. With that off of my chest I should be good for a couple of weeks or so. I would be much happier being an ambassador for Yuneec instead of wanting to hide my head in shame. We should be:

YuneecPilots

not

YuneecPilots

I hear you loud an clear
Doom my friend.
I know CS used to be great. If I am not mistaken it seems like I waited
4 months for warranty repair one time. It will be interesting to see what the next 12 months brings
Keith Kuhn

Okay, my speech is over and the soapbox is put away. Everyone can pull their fingers out of their ears and get back to business at hand. With that off of my chest I should be good for a couple of weeks or so.
Clearly it's time we get together and file a class action suit with our grievances against Yuneec, and put it before -none other than- his Honor Judge Doom! He will be sure to get results! His reputation for a quick and fair, yet extraordinarily brutal sentence, that always over suits the crime at least 10 fold is renown, ...why the mere mention of his name sends chills up every attorney's (spineless) spine!

Clearly it's time we get together and file a class action suit with our grievances against Yuneec, and put it before -none other than- his Honor Judge Doom! He will be sure to get results! His reputation for a quick and fair, yet extraordinarily brutal sentence, that always over suits the crime at least 10 fold is renown, ...why the mere mention of his name sends chills up every attorney's (spineless) spine!

I love it Dr Doom.
Says Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval