Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RealSense and the ground

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering, with RealSence activated, does this feature sense the ground too? Will the drone stay at an altitude that avoids the ground and at what altitude? I know that if the altitude is set and flying in a straight line it will maintain that altitude but if the ground rises will the drone gain altitude? Thanks.

From what I heard the ISP (Indoor Sensor Positioning) will only prevent the landing of the H if the gear is up outside... the range is 30 feet but is mostly used indoors with GPS Off.

is mostly used indoors with GPS Off.
Right now GPS must be left on, hopefully they will change that.

I know that if the altitude is set and flying in a straight line it will maintain that altitude but if the ground rises will the drone gain altitude?
No, although there is a Wizard setting that adjusts the craft altitude in Follow Me/Watch Me modes to match the Wizard's elevation change.

Right now GPS must be left on, hopefully they will change that.

No, although there is a Wizard setting that adjusts the craft altitude in Follow Me/Watch Me modes to match the Wizard's elevation change.
Thanks. I hope they change that with the ST16. When shooting footage I don't want to be bothered at low altitude on how high I am off the ground.

Hi,

Just wondering, with RealSence activated, does this feature sense the ground too? Will the drone stay at an altitude that avoids the ground and at what altitude? I know that if the altitude is set and flying in a straight line it will maintain that altitude but if the ground rises will the drone gain altitude? Thanks.
With real sense activated and your landing gear up, the H will not go lower than about 5 ft off the ground. It will land when your landing gear is down, but I would not recommend it.

Altitude hold works in the watch me and follow me modes with the wizard. It will keep the distance of altitude away from you while you are being followed or watched.
Though the instructions state that you must press both up and down buttons for altitude mode and the light will blink on the wizard. I found that with the light blinking, altitude mode is not active. You have to press both up and down buttons again. And you will want the led light to stay solid. I know I am a lil confused as to the instructions seem wrong

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

With real sense activated and your landing gear up, the H will not go lower than about 5 ft off the ground. It will land when your landing gear is down, but I would not recommend it.

Altitude hold works in the watch me and follow me modes with the wizard. It will keep the distance of altitude away from you while you are being followed or watched.
Though the instructions state that you must press both up and down buttons for altitude mode and the light will blink on the wizard. I found that with the light blinking, altitude mode is not active. You have to press both up and down buttons again. And you will want the led light to stay solid. I know I am a lil confused as to the instructions seem wrong

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Useful info, Thanks!

I believe you will find that RS can be off, and the H will still not land with the legs up. A function of the IPS, not the RS. Standard Hs, without RealSense (and IPS) will not do this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight