Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Rebuild com.yuneec.flightmode15?

Reaction score
Hi!

I'd like to do some changes in ST10+ firmware. As I see on this link (azvampyre/st10-v01b31c), there should be the full source code. My previous experience says first to ask and after that to try.

So, is somebody build something from this source, had success with compiling, changing the apk in the controller etc.?

Regards!

I have never tried that. This is away from my limited knowledge. But I have decompiled the ST15FlightMode.apk to find some more information about the meaning of the data in the FlightLogs.
And there the idea comes in my mind to compare the file structure if it is the same. The files itself are different, that is clear so far. But from that what I have seen the source in github seems the one that we use. But again, I have limited knowledge and have only looked at that what was related to FlightLogs.

br HE

Will be good to collaborate our efforts.

My idea is to use this controller with Typhoon H. ST16 is made to be cheap, size is not so good to pilotage and so on, and so on...
The improvement which I want to have is the "landing gear". On my ST16 I had deleted the position "SMART" as useless at least for me. In this place, I have "ANGLE" with "GEAR DOWN".
The next position where was the original "ANGLE" is ANGLE with GEAR UP. RTH is untouched for safety reason.

Also, I'm using some improved curves, especially for YAW, but this is (I hope) possible with just DB editing. Soon I'll report the result.

Really, to minimalize the messing inside the firmware, we can hardcode flight mode switch behaviour as explained up in the post without using DB for that. In the upper position, FLM is ANGLE with GEAR DOWN (100% on channel 11). The middle position should be ANGLE with GEAR UP (-100% on channel 11).

All rest is OK and tested by me in the last few days.

• Love
Reactions: romucifer
Just tested on the terrain expo2 +15% for YAW (Channel 4). Works fine. So, everyone can prepare their curves, which meets personal preferences.

Concuesly I didn't write how to edit DB. If this is far for the person, no way to not kill the drone in experiments. Better to do nothing in this case.

I'm very interested in what you do or plan to do.
Just for understanding, to give expo you edited the exported model files, right?

To raise the landing gear, Typhoon H is listening on the channel 11. I don't know if the ST10+ has the possibilty to change the channel behaviour. It has only 10 channels. But seems this is only radio SW. The transceivers are the same for all (SR24). I have tried to read the firmware from the CC2530 but the hex file contains only zeros. I'm looking for tool to convert the binary rf file into Intel hex format.

All I know about the channels and their use is in the appendix of this file: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/pdf/Q500log2kml_en.pdf
-------------------------
Btw, there is a possibilty to enable another flight mode for the Q500: Stability mode (blue status LED). This is a known mode from Chroma or Blade 350QX. Very nice. You can fly as fast as without GPS and it is without GPS but if you release the sticks it will stabilize the position by GPS after 2sec drifting. Also you have RTH back.

Source: Schon wieder ein neuer - Drohnen-Forum.de - Quadrocopter, Multicopter und FPV

You need a ST16 for that zip file and bind the Q500 to it.
But maybe this can also be done in ST10 somehow. I do not use Smart mode at all as you do.

br HE

Attachments

• exported models_Q500_blau.zip
    72.8 KB · Views: 7
Let I explain more deeply.

First...
ST10 has ten knobs and 15 channels. No problem at all to send message to channel 11.

Second...
ST10 has no possibility to export models or at least, I don't know about this feature. I'm editing models.db with SQL3 editor.

Third...
I have not Q500 and for sure I don't plan to have it. Target is to use ST10 as secondary controller in team mode for H and as primary controller in pilotage mode with MK58 camera.

BTW, as a simple task, somebody can prepare software that reads the ST10 DB and gives the opportunity to modify it in the way, which is used in the ST16 channel editor.

Not necessary to be an Android application. Windows is OK for this purpose.

Small help to you... /data/data/com.yuneec.flightmode15/databases/models.db

PM....

Last edited:
My idea is to use this controller with Typhoon H.
Are you aware the ST12 is actually an ST10 with the additional hardware features added to fly the Typhoon H? If the only to goal is fly a Typhoon H with an "ST10", it is easier just to get an ST12, or add the hardware to an ST10. ST10 and ST12 use the same firmware.

If the goal is to learn and improve, then please ignore the above, and trust we understand the desire. We applaud the effort, and will do what we can to support.

I already have ST10, ST16, ST24. No problem to add hardware to ST10 and transform it to ST12 (if this is possible, I still didn't investigate this) or just to buy one ST12. The goal is to:
1. Prepare ST10 to move the landing gear on H in a way, what I prefer;
2. To have a possibility to adjust curves and so on as I can do this in ST16;
3. To learn and improve myself.

The third is the last in the list but is the most important for me.

For now, I perfectly use ST10 with H, the only landing gear is always down and I can by mistake turn flight mode to smart. I can adjust curves and so on, but the way is not useable for all.

Typhoon H channels in my ST16. I'm looking to do the same, except for the camera, of course.

Channels from 1 till 4 are the same. Curves for these channels are explored and is possible to do everything. Just waiting for one good guy to implement editing possibility for ST10 in a more normal way, than this, which I'm using.

Channel 5 for my H is as follows: S4 -> INH, 0%, -100%
Channel 6: S4 -> INH, INH, +100%
Channel 11: S4 -> +100%, -100%, INH

I'm using S5 for another purpose.

Cahnnel settins.jpg

OK, thanks, understood. I still have the default model for my Thyphoon H. I'm fine with it for video and cruising around.
To get more power and freedom I have flashed another H to Thunderbird (firmware from Toni - @Pöllö), means a PX4 Autopilot for the stock Typhoon H. It gives me full control to parameters and flight modes.

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval