Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Reformatting the micro-SD Card T H Plus

Reaction score
Hi. Me again.

I searched this subject here but got nothing.

So Lightroom has no option to delete the files on your SD card after uploading. I'm not questioning the why of that, (I read the reasons in a LR forum) but I can't remember how to find the option to reformat my micro-DS on the Typh. H Plus. Anyone? I swear I saw it at some point a few weeks ago but now I can't find it in my settings anywhere.

If you're on a PC, and that card is plugged into a card reader, then it should show up as a drive in My Computer, where you can r-click its icon and choose format from the list...Or just go into the drive in explorer and manually delete the files from the DCIM folder.

Hi. Me again.

I searched this subject here but got nothing.

So Lightroom has no option to delete the files on your SD card after uploading. I'm not questioning the why of that, (I read the reasons in a LR forum) but I can't remember how to find the option to reformat my micro-DS on the Typh. H Plus. Anyone? I swear I saw it at some point a few weeks ago but now I can't find it in my settings anywhere.

If you are referring to the camera's SD card, you can format it with the ST16s. It's always a good idea to occasionally format the card in the from the ST16s and not just from your computer. To format it, have the ST16 on, your H Plus on, then go into your camera settings. It will be in one of the tabs (can't remember exactly which one).

Reactions: Robert Miller
If you are referring to the camera's SD card, you can format it with the ST16s. It's always a good idea to occasionally format the card in the from the ST16s and not just from your computer. To format it, have the ST16 on, your H Plus on, then go into your camera settings. It will be in one of the tabs (can't remember exactly which one).

yes, thank you. Someone else here got me on the right track shortly after posting this. I now delete the info from the card via my computer or my ST16.

Reactions: PhotoGuy

Why is it a good idea to format through the ST-16s? What benefit is obtained from that?

It’s a good idea because it ensures the format is compatible with the camera. It is a reduction of risk, if you will. The practice goes back to the early days of digital cameras. I continue this with all my digital cameras. It’s is likely less of an issue these days but you’ve already seen a number of posts on formatting cards in computers where the pilot is asking FAT32? ExFAT? Etc. Those questions are mute if you format in camera with the ST16 or ST16s.

I have an issue with the SD card in my Plus, when I take it out and put in my computer it can't be read or formatted in the computer. I put it back in the C23 and connected the C23 with a USB cable to my computer and then I am able to download the photos to my computer. I then used the ST16s to format the SD card with no problem. It seems like I should be able to read the card in my computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval