Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Remote release mechanism

Yes, I am making a promo video and would
Like to release a small parachute with a box of sweets

Google that and you'll find all sorts of stuff. Be careful of FAA rules.

Thanks, ive had a look I was wandering if anyone here has done it? I have a full CAA licence and permits in the UK and will be operating strictly within them
I can see in the future where homeland security/govn't will ban drones/uas for this reason......:mad:

Not at all, I have a full commercial license and the operation is controlled and planned in line with the CAA and permit for aerial work. It's idiots flying above 400ft with no qualifications or licence that will do the damage.

Yes, I am making a promo video and would
Like to release a small parachute with a box of sweets
Just unscrew the horizontal section of the legs leaving the vertical sections only. Then lower the gear and anything will slide off. - prop the body up with some blocks to take off, and hand catch to land.

If you want to get fancy, find a way to install an RC glider tow release latch. You would likely need to also use a separate transmitter and receiver, with a small flight battery to provide the control function but it would be a reliable set up. A cheap 2 channel radio would easily handle it.

Both the U.K. and U. S. aviation agencies permit the dropping of objects from aircraft under controlled conditions. Destructive devices are not permitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval