Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

RESEARCH OVERLOAD!

Reaction score
Hey what's up guys , im ready to get a new drone and I am stuck, Typhoon h or p4 . The things that Get me excited about the H are the customer service, 360 gimbal and all in one transmitter. The thing that makes me nervous is the camera. Why is it soft? It seems so down on sharpness and color compared to the p4 and it worries me. I always go with the odd one when it comes to buying something and the H is definitely a odd duck with a ton of advantages but you can't deny the camera on the DJI . Am I just looking at the wrong videos or is it a case of it is what it is.. oh and I forgot what is the situation with cameras being misaligned, is that somthing that i can avoid or is it a luck of the draw situation.. thanks in advance guys I appreciate it.

Go to You Tube and specifically watch a bunch of H videos. The soft focus "issue" is the exception, not the norm but it was played heavily by the other side to disparage a competitive product. Same thing with misalignment. The people with no problems don't post while those with problems post repeatedly, which generates an appearance of more issues than their are. You also have a whole bunch of first time flyers buying a fairly advanced camera drone. For some of them anything they would touch at this level would turn to chit because they may not read or follow directions and lack knowledge of how the flight system works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to You Tube and specifically watch a bunch of H videos. The soft focus "issue" is the exception, not the norm but it was played heavily by the other side to disparage a competitive product. Same thing with misalignment. The people with no problems don't post while those with problems post repeatedly, which generates an appearance of more issues than their are. You also have a whole bunch of first time flyers buying a fairly advanced camera drone. For some of them anything they would touch at this level would turn to chit because they may not read or follow directions and lack knowledge of how the flight system works.

Do you have a pro Or just the standard avoidance ?

Brock.. I have a pro and it is absolutely brilliant. I had a go on my mates DJI P4 and I really did not like it too much. This was prior to buying a H and as a complete novice. I fly an aeroplane, but I could not see myself being any good with an RC aircraft. I am pleased to say that the H immersed me into this world with much confidence and now I am pretty good with it and of course, enjoy it immeasurably.

At the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference, but the camera on mine is really great. I posted a video on the firmware update thread (at the top of the main section) if you would like to have a look to see what you think of the video quality from mine. I'm not one to tamper with anything so it is as it came out of the camera - just sequenced. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

I hope that helps a little. Best wishes.
Chris.

Reactions: Brock.ugk
Brock.. I have a pro and it is absolutely brilliant. I had a go on my mates DJI P4 and I really did not like it too much. This was prior to buying a H and as a complete novice. I fly an aeroplane, but I could not see myself being any good with an RC aircraft. I am pleased to say that the H immersed me into this world with much confidence and now I am pretty good with it and of course, enjoy it immeasurably.

At the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference, but the camera on mine is really great. I posted a video on the firmware update thread (at the top of the main section) if you would like to have a look to see what you think of the video quality from mine. I'm not one to tamper with anything so it is as it came out of the camera - just sequenced. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

I hope that helps a little. Best wishes.
Chris.
Awesome Chris , I will look for it now

Reactions: Christoph
Mine is one of the original standard version..

I think the latest firmware moves the CGO3+ to a new level. The panorama feature is great and all my associates like the look of my CGO shots over GoPro shots and I think it captures more vibrant color than the phantom. It likes to shift to blue pretty easily and that is pretty great here in the brown dessert. I'm really learning that control over blown images and with the use of Fstop filters and playing around with frame rates you can do some really creative stuff. I will probably upgrade the lens soon as I do believe I can get really close to film looks with the H. I've already shot the end of a movie for credit rolls and the editor was really pleased with how easy it was to play with the color and create an even more otherworldly scene.

The landing gear and 360 gimbal also beat everybody out there.

Hey what's up guys , im ready to get a new drone and I am stuck, Typhoon h or p4 . The things that Get me excited about the H are the customer service, 360 gimbal and all in one transmitter. The thing that makes me nervous is the camera. Why is it soft? It seems so down on sharpness and color compared to the p4 and it worries me. I always go with the odd one when it comes to buying something and the H is definitely a odd duck with a ton of advantages but you can't deny the camera on the DJI . Am I just looking at the wrong videos or is it a case of it is what it is.. oh and I forgot what is the situation with cameras being misaligned, is that somthing that i can avoid or is it a luck of the draw situation.. thanks in advance guys I appreciate it.

I have both a Typhoon H Advanced and a P4 - If one had to go it would the P4 for sure. The Typhoon is WAY more fun to fly. The Camera on the P4 might be slightly better but it's only marginal and not worth worrying about - Get the 'H'.

Reactions: Christoph

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval