Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

S9 Plus wifi connectivity

Reaction score
I'm sorry to post this, I'm sure it's been addressed, I've tried looking at other threads.

Just brought a breeze 4 home. I have a Samsung S9 Plus, which has duel wifi. I downloaded the Breeze app. Powered my Breeze up. I opened the wifi settings on my phone and the Breeze showed up. I clicked on it, it said "checking for connections" a couple of seconds later it said, "internet connection may not be available" and said dismiss or go to wifi settings.

Wi-Fi is 802.11.a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5ghz)

I purchased this from WalMart, it came with the game controller, not sure how long it's been on a shelf there.

I read about downloading certain firmware versions but I'm a little scared to do that just yet.

Steve

Place your S9 in Airplane Mode, enable WiFi, then connect with the Breeze.

Android phones are always looking for an internet connection, but placing it in Airplane Mode lets it connect to WiFi without expecting the internet.

Thanks Doom. I'll do that. I read a post that said to just fly it and realized it works. Got it off the ground and back and forth a little in selfie mode so I know It's working. I guess I need to plug it in to my computer to download firmware. Thanks much

Steve

If it is flying OK and you can connect via WiFi, there is no need to mess with firmware.

The next time you connect to the Breeze go into Settings and select the About tab, then record the version numbers you find there and list them here with your country. I suspect you are fully up to date.

Android devices seem to work better with Breeze Cam when placed in Airplane Mode beforehand.

Gamesir g3s

What are you asking Docsl? If you use the Bluetooth controller you also need Bluetooth enabled on the phone. It should then connect once you enter Controller Task mode and Slide to Proceed.

You are current for the Breeze Cam app and for the Breeze firmware.

BirdofPray,

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Be sure to checkout the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game in the Photos and Videos section of the forum. It is a great way to meet people worldwide and motivate you to fly and make photos/videos. You’ll find it in the sticky thread at the start of the section. The rules are in post #1 and the latest challenge is near the last post.

Reactions: BirdofPray
DoomMeister,
Happy New Year! I'm new to the group and have a quick question. My daughter bought me the Yuneec Breeze with the Game Controller for Christmas. So I decided to take it out the next day and realized It doesn't work with a ZTE Blade MAX, This is due to the WiFi Specs and the phone wouldn't Bluetooth to the controller either. Long story short, I tried it out with my wife's Samsung Galaxy S9+ and after several attempts I was able to get it connected, but the connection was a bit spotty. Has anyone else experienced the same issue with the S9+. I'm thinking about upgrading my phone to the S9 these are the specs

Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM
Bluetooth® v5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB type-C, NFC, location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou) 6

This should be more than adequate correct?

That should be fine. It has 802.11ac and Bluetooth 5.0.

Since you’ll be running the Android version of Breeze Cam, place the phone in airplane mode then enable WiFi and Bluetooth. This makes the Android device less apt to drop the Breeze in favor of a WiFi connection with internet connectivity.

If you haven’t done so already you will need to update the firmware for the controller. See this thread Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 07/17/2018 and after using the link to download the firmware from Yuneec, refer to the 07/07/2018 edit for instructions to get it to load properly. This makes the d-pad work properly to lower and raise the camera angle.

When you use the controller make sure Bluetooth is enabled in the phone. Then turn on the Breeze, connect via WiFi, start Breeze Cam, go to the Controller Task, Swipe to Continue, the controller should connect and vibrate (swipe through the help screens), press Experience Now (swipe through help screens) and you should be ready to go. The right trigger will show the mapping of the controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval