Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sad Day for a fellow pilot

Hey Niblett...where abouts and who in Mississauga,just in case I need them...I'm east of TO...Thanks
From what I’ve been told it’s a farmed out repair facility and they have drone techs there that are Yuneec certified. I didn’t expressly ask for it to be sent there, I opened my claim and once they had all the details this was the site to send it based on being in Canada I assume. From what I can see on google it’s a warehouse just outside Pearson Int. so I’m not sure how or where they test drones being so close to an airport. Will update when I know more about the progress.

From what I’ve been told it’s a farmed out repair facility and they have drone techs there that are Yuneec certified. I didn’t expressly ask for it to be sent there, I opened my claim and once they had all the details this was the site to send it based on being in Canada I assume. From what I can see on google it’s a warehouse just outside Pearson Int. so I’m not sure how or where they test drones being so close to an airport. Will update when I know more about the progress.

I noticed mine was sent to ken a vision. Did some research and they make microscopes. Seemed a little odd but hey the drone business is growing and they need techs. I also noticed they had a job listing for drone repair tech. On the job training by a certified yuneec repair technician. Personally if your gonna use other facilities, they should have brought in Best Buy. The geek squad could be doing repairs. I’m not say every bestbuy but a few in each state would drastically help out.

K...thanks

I had to do it guys, the toilet bowl issue is annoying to say the least, so I gave Yuneec a email, which I got a reference number, called them at exactly 10 am my time today, was a 14 minute wait. I opted for the call back option. 14 minutes later, there was the call. So after telling him of my experiences with the H toilet bowling without warning this time 100 feet in the air at a job, I was clear this was going to be a major issue since I do inspections with this uas. I need the pics to be clear, so the drone needs to kinda stay put for awhile. He immediately said the compass isn't holding, due to my testing of flying straight yesterday with the gps on and off it couldn't keep a straight line without me helping it. GPS off straight, GPS on curved line. Out 0f 4 attempt at pano shots it started acting up 2 of the times thus wasting time and gas on 2 jobs. (This is why im getting a back up UAS soon) So I expressed my concern over the horrific turn around times, he said they change things up a bit to speed them up, so they partner with different repair companies and send you to the nearest one. The turn around time is 7-10 business days. So I have her boxed up:( and ready for shipment. Lets hope for a speedy recovery lol

What the **** is toilet bowl issue?

It’s when the drone swirls in a circle gradually getting a bigger radius, acting erratically and not responding to controls. It’s a crash waiting to happen

RaeThrills has it right, with a little caveat; loss of control is not an absolute.

The more dramatic “toilet bowl” has been reported at varying altitudes (not altitude dependent).

I have personally posted about a slightly less catastrophic version, more akin to an “oscillating flight” pattern. For me, it occurred during a low level hover, say 4-6 feet above ground. (Actually it was ice, but...)

The craft started moving side to side, gradually increasing radius of the “oval”. Inexperience made me try to land; mistake. Tip over. Fortunately the snow was soft.

I was able to repeat the oscillating path by bringing to craft down to 4 feet on future flights, but not every time. However, I did discover the proper mitigation procedure: gain altitude and stable flight/hover returns. Try [landing] again, and descend with minimum delay. Don’t “flare out/hover” very long before actually touching down.

Follow-up: using a second hull, I saw it again but with predictable causes - I was trying to land on a country driveway along the side of which (possibly in the middle) is buried power lines. Moving 10 feet or more to the side; no issues. Move back - not so smooth an “attempted” landing.

If more discussion is desired or curiosity still exists, searching on “toilet bowl” or “oscillating flight” should turn up more examples and experiences.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

It’s when the drone swirls in a circle gradually getting a bigger radius, acting erratically and not responding to controls. It’s a crash waiting to happen
Thank you. I have not experienced this yet, is it a common problem? And is there any way to resolve it if it does occur?

Thank you. I have not experienced this yet, is it a common problem? And is there any way to resolve it if it does occur?

Common in about 35 percent of what I have seen. If it happens it’s a bad compass module and unfortunately you have the option of fixing it yourself or sending it in. The quick fix is to turn off gps then enable it again. It fixes it for a short time.

Depends on the severity:

If it is a true “violent” toilet boil, with loss of control... shudder to think...

However, if it is the low level oscillation, as I have described earlier, “altitude is your friend”. Most of the time, gaining altitude regains stable flight and control, allowing for another “approach” for landing, if that was the intent when oscillation occurred.

As for “common problem”... difficult to quantify. As with most forums, we “hear” of the problems, but the context (volume) is rarely known as compared to the full “installed base.”

Others may chime in with their own experiences and/or thoughts/opinions.

Jeff

Just a note; it seems Yuneec is authorizing more repair centers in various locations. Some of them may not have any history in multirotors.staples in Canada is on a different footing, acting more as a customs broker for trans border shipping. The Canadian postal authorities tend to muck things up pretty good without one.
Another problem I have seen is they may be authorized repair centers, but they don't have parts in stock. They then have to order and wait for the parts which delays another 2-3 weeks.

Common in about 35 percent of what I have seen. If it happens it’s a bad compass module and unfortunately you have the option of fixing it yourself or sending it in. The quick fix is to turn off gps then enable it again. It fixes it for a short time.

Okay, thanks for the info. Is the module not something that can be replaced by the user?

Yes it can. I was just using the warranty. But from here on out I will do all repairs. I build quads from scratch. I knew opening it up would void a warranty. But since it will be over a year and no warranty next year. I will be doing some mods to her.

Yes it can. I was just using the warranty. But from here on out I will do all repairs. I build quads from scratch. I knew opening it up would void a warranty. But since it will be over a year and no warranty next year. I will be doing some mods to her.

Thanks very much Rae for all the info and quick replies.

I had to do it guys, the toilet bowl issue is annoying to say the least, so I gave Yuneec a email, which I got a reference number, called them at exactly 10 am my time today, was a 14 minute wait. I opted for the call back option. 14 minutes later, there was the call. So after telling him of my experiences with the H toilet bowling without warning this time 100 feet in the air at a job, I was clear this was going to be a major issue since I do inspections with this uas. I need the pics to be clear, so the drone needs to kinda stay put for awhile. He immediately said the compass isn't holding, due to my testing of flying straight yesterday with the gps on and off it couldn't keep a straight line without me helping it. GPS off straight, GPS on curved line. Out 0f 4 attempt at pano shots it started acting up 2 of the times thus wasting time and gas on 2 jobs. (This is why im getting a back up UAS soon) So I expressed my concern over the horrific turn around times, he said they change things up a bit to speed them up, so they partner with different repair companies and send you to the nearest one. The turn around time is 7-10 business days. So I have her boxed up:( and ready for shipment. Lets hope for a speedy recovery lol
Regarding the toilet bowl experience....I surmised it's caused by being locked into a GPS location and is attempting to lock into it but keeps swirling around it. In the past, I've changed the height level and the toilet bowling stopped immediately.

Based on reports in this forum by members, few have gotten a good fix in KC. On the other hand, we have seen many good reports of service work at Colts Neck, NJ and Syracuse, NY.
Where are you located in MN?

Colts Neck has the fastest turnaround time I've experienced.... Mike/Chris are so easy to work with and keep you updated on anything they find.

Hi there, They sent me to KAV they are in KC they are great very quick turn around ive dealt with them eversense and not one complaint I think there the best hears their #816-595-5600 Kavservice

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi there, They sent me to KAV they are in KC they are great very quick turn around ive dealt with them eversense and not one complaint I think there the best hears their #816-595-5600 Kavservice
I'm certainly glad to hear they may have corrected some of their problems. Hopefully it continues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots