Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sad day indeed

No one "sticks" their heads in the sand, but how many times do you "select" group want to continually whine about the same ole "****" Over and over again! State it once and move on, or out! Tired of the same old story, same old song and dance! Sell it buy a DJI/Autel and join their form!

I think you are going to be my favorite person in here. :)

I think you are going to be my favorite person in here. :)
Thanks! A few can't stand me, because I say it as it is ! I am just so tired of hearing the same thing over and over again! I do not mind hearing people voice their concerns and disappointments, and express being pissed off at issues even!. But to gather a handful of agreer's and bash over and over again the same topic, gets quite annoying and distracting !:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks! A few can't stand me, because I say it as it is ! I am just so tired of hearing the same thing over and over again! I do not mind hearing people voice their concerns and disappointments, and express being pissed off at issues even!. But to gather a handful of agreer's and bash over and over again the same topic, gets quite annoying and distracting !:eek:

And most by someone that doesn't even own one. Very happy with mine. Just hope to find a forum for enthusiasts. This seems a lot more like an H whining forum.

I for one, am happy with my purchase of the H.
In my perspective the camera takes great pictures and video. Everyone I share them with are amazed at the clarity and color.
I am also very satisfied with the way the H handles.
I also get very angry when I hear or read a post about the same old thing, the same old whine (yes, it is spelled with an 'h' not like the drink). I would prefer if you have an issue please use the search function and add you opinion to an existing gripe thread. Flooding the forum with the same old same old is frustrating to those of us that are enjoying the H and just makes many of us become very bitter and does nothing to enhance the discussion.

Unfortunatly I'm loosing faith in Yuneec also. There are too many issues and the number is increasing instead of..... :eek:. I'm afraid Yuneec is drowning in an unexpected succes of the H and they clearly can't handle it. My excitement in getting my H is turning into fear of what will be wrong with it. Will it: TB, cam be out of focus, loose connection much too quick, have duration issues etc etc pfff. Perhaps the Inspire V2.0 ????

I think that is a good choice. I personally like the looks of the Inspire but it is a huge and heavy beast. But let me ask you this, how much will that cost? Also when it crashes, and it will, how will the customer support be to repair that 2000-$3000+ drone? You are going to invest TWICE the amount of money into an Inspire, will it be twice better? I will answer, NO! Not for a hobbyist anyway.

I look at the H and think, man I got a cool aircraft for $1300. Backed up by a decent company. Okay some guys have had issues dealing with them from what you post but also from what I read it depends on who you talk to. Just keep calling them etc...

Add a 3rd party antenna and that solves almost every issue with it. Another antenna makes it as good as the ST16+ and addresses the video or telemetry issues, which are not all that bad anyway if you fly LOS. Still reliability is key and that solves that for many guys.

As for the camera just use a nice ND filter and adjust your settings and you WILL get some amazing video out of it. Just look at the video Lou Ming got flying his across the ocean. Look at some other great footage that has been posted. The H CAN produce awesome video.

If you want to go a bit more, replace the lens.

Unless you are a professional, there is zero need for the inspire.

And if you are a professional then why are you here looking at sub 2K drones in the first place?

If you are a guy who wants a cool drone but does not want to over spend then the H is awesome. Or get another drone. Get a Phantom as long as you are willing to lose your money even faster.

I view drones as a cool, but expensive toy. They will probably crash and you will probably have issues with them. It is an investment, they are cheap but not a few hundred either.

At the hobby level, if I am going to have issues, I would rather have issues on a $1300 drone than one costing 2 to 3 times more.

Looking closer into that deal it is for the Inspire 1 original not the V2.0. It has the older screw on props and motors so it makes 100g's less total thrust
Well, of course it is. You thought you would get the new version for $1500?! That made me lol!! :D

OnThe Ropes - Statement is very true Yuneec need to tell users what they are doing about some of the issues that have been found, instead of issuing one line statements remaining silent and secretive is the worse thing they can do, all this not knowing whats happening surely must be hurting their sales and losing loyal customers.

As at present a loyal customer and other users we need to be kept informed how the issues that's been raised on the typhoon H are being addressed, and when are we going to see firmware updates ? it seems every time Yuneec is asked this question we are all told something different each time.

I don't own a TH, but have been a member for a few months, possibly looking into buying one, but am more convinced that waiting is the best thing to do now.
On another note, listening to some of you users is actually comical. You want Yuneec to tell you that they'll solve your problems with fw/hw etc. listen to yourselves as most of you are grown (some very grown) men, acting like kids. If Yuneec had this magic solution coming soon, they WILL tell you about it. To me, seeing things much more unbiased, it doesn't appear Yuneec has any solution. They are trying to manage through the best they can with the issues coming in, but do not appear anywhere close to fixing your fw issues as they don't appear to be that business model.
Just my $0.02

I don't own a TH, but have been a member for a few months, possibly looking into buying one, but am more convinced that waiting is the best thing to do now.
On another note, listening to some of you users is actually comical. You want Yuneec to tell you that they'll solve your problems with fw/hw etc. listen to yourselves as most of you are grown (some very grown) men, acting like kids. If Yuneec had this magic solution coming soon, they WILL tell you about it. To me, seeing things much more unbiased, it doesn't appear Yuneec has any solution. They are trying to manage through the best they can with the issues coming in, but do not appear anywhere close to fixing your fw issues as they don't appear to be that business model.
Just my $0.02

I hope your wrong, I can't understand how a fairly large company does
not have a staff of software developers on hand and constantly coding,
even if it's just one or two people.

I have seen software authors that once notified of a bug have a fix within days,
sometimes hours.

DJI is accused of to many firmware updates but at least they fix things one at
a time till they get it right.

What do you mean Yuneec don't appear to be that business model?

Thanks

I hope your wrong, I can't understand how a fairly large company does
not have a staff of software developers on hand and constantly coding,
even if it's just one or two people.

I have seen software authors that once notified of a bug have a fix within days,
sometimes hours.

DJI is accused of to many firmware updates but at least they fix things one at
a time till they get it right.

What do you mean Yuneec don't appear to be that business model?

Thanks

Yuneec seems to specialize in the hardware aspect - the TH promo is that it's modular, plug and play, etc. Even the RC has the Yuneec supplied screen, telling me they're not comfortable with software updates, 3rd party apps, 3rd party tablets, etc.
What many of you are asking for are software related solutions, which to me is not Yuneec's strong suite.

Yuneec seems to specialize in the hardware aspect - the TH promo is that it's modular, plug and play, etc. Even the RC has the Yuneec supplied screen, telling me they're not comfortable with software updates, 3rd party apps, 3rd party tablets, etc.
What many of you are asking for are software related solutions, which to me is not Yuneec's strong suite.

I gotcha, it's been said before that software is not there strong suite.
But they have to realize the bird isn't gonna fly without software, at least in a controlled manner. :rolleyes:

A very smart man once told me if you do a job do it right the first time. This is the problem in the mass production model. You have production crews that are trying to get the product out the door. Seems they are fixing it if it doesn't work, if it does then we fly it. I have been told TH was flown in China, then shipped to the world. It must have been a rough trip by boat. All that shaking and rocking, then by truck here in the US. From what I understand the ST16 was upgraded in California then sent on. We don't know the temperature on the boat or in the freight haulers trailers. I sure it wasn't good. It was winter when they started and spring in California. I finally got mine the third week of May. It has been rough on TH and us. Now you wonder, I know I do. Is there time to do it right the second time?

A very smart man once told me if you do a job do it right the first time. This is the problem in the mass production model. You have production crews that are trying to get the product out the door. Seems they are fixing it if it doesn't work, if it does then we fly it. I have been told TH was flown in China, then shipped to the world. It must have been a rough trip by boat. All that shaking and rocking, then by truck here in the US. From what I understand the ST16 was upgraded in California then sent on. We don't know the temperature on the boat or in the freight haulers trailers. I sure it wasn't good. It was winter when they started and spring in California. I finally got mine the third week of May. It has been rough on TH and us. Now you wonder, I know I do. Is there time to do it right the second time?

Very true indeed, Ever since the computer and internet we have all become beta testers.
It's good enough to sell, we can easily upgrade and fix it later.
With the Chinese I get the feeling that once it leaves there shores it's no longer there problem and they
wash there hands of the whole mess.

With you again DC...
My exciting news today is I've discovered the remedy to obvious dji'ers....
The "ignore" button!
Just said a fond farewell to at least 6.... Probably more to come but I'm ready for them!

Reactions: DroneClone
With you again DC...
My exciting news today is I've discovered the remedy to obvious dji'ers....
The "ignore" button!
Just said a fond farewell to at least 6.... Probably more to come but I'm ready for them!
Mentioned I do that all the time, soon it will be down to me and you Chris! LOL ! just kidding, tons of great people on here! respectable people too !

Well time has run out for me sadly. Have been holding off hoping Yuneec would at least make some kind of comment letting us know they are working on a fix for the camera.

I did email both USA and China and did get a reply from USA head office assuring me they are well aware of the issues with the camera but that's pretty much all they said.

But the more I read, the more things need updates to make it a better bird. One that really concerns me is the fact that you cannot adjust your RTH height to suit the terrain I fly in (deep forest or open flat land). I will keep the promise I made to myself and NEVER buy another DJI product again due to their customer service (or the lack of).
So whats left? **** ....I So want to buy this H but It's just a risk right now with no confirmation as to whats about to happen with it. So I'm going to give the Autel X-Star Premium (in ORANGE of course) a try. From all the reviews I have read, this things **** good. Seen some fantastic quality videos and I am impressed.

Spoke to Peter at Aces Deals in good old USA and very happy with the outcome. So will be ordering a Premium plus 3 extra batteries and have it shipped to Australia.
Have already bought the replacement lens for the H and I have to say, Its really great quality. Might hold onto it and fit it to my gopro 3+ black or might sell it to anyone in Australia who is thinking of doing the R+R on their H.

Would like to hang around here guys just to stay in touch if that's ok. Will still be keeping a watch out for future versions of the H. Would NOT hesitate to sell my partner if they sort it out.
The Autel X-Star premium come with free battery till August 15th. Great machine

I had problem with Yuneec customer service. It took a month to get resolved. But, resolved it is. I am an H fan again. They are new and very backed up in the repair side. I hope they will catch up. The customer service teams needs some training. I have not found that they have empathy for there customers with problems. Maybe, I am asking for to much. I love the H again and would recommend it .

All this whining about RTH when you are supposed to maintain visual contact at all times. Makes no sense.
I don't really see it as whining. Yes you should keep LOS, but that doesn't mean you can see it all the time if the H has a hill or something as background and it is possible to get disorientated.
The only complaint I have seen is a request to be able to set your RTH altitude. Now maybe it is not technically needed but seems a reasonable request and improvement

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco