Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Save a Picture from Video?

Reaction score
Is it possible to save some pictures taken out of the CGO2+ mp4 video? I didn't take any jpg pictures during a few flights and I would like to print a couple pictures. Also the videos from my CGO2+ are much clearer than the actual jpg pictures. What software could be used to capture frames from the video?

Is it possible to save some pictures taken out of the CGO2+ mp4 video? I didn't take any jpg pictures during a few flights and I would like to print a couple pictures. Also the videos from my CGO2+ are much clearer than the actual jpg pictures. What software could be used to capture frames from the video?
Can extract from a Software editing program, I always try to snap a few pics also while video filming, easy to do!;)

yes , real player is free and you can go into trimmer and snap a photo any time you want . you can also trim to a smaller length and cut out some parts .

VLC Media Player is used by many people to both play videos and to grab a frame for jpg pictures.
It is free as well:
VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

I use cyberlink Photodirector 9. I have it open my videos and it gives me options or pulling out high quality stills. On a recent trip to the Grand Canyon, I used the steadygrip and my 4k camera. I couldn't use the drone in a national park but I could still use the camera. Here is a still I got out of the video. The weather was windy and raining. Still I loved my photos.YUN00142-0002-1-1.jpg

GOMPlayer is another free app to acquire stills from video.

Last edited:
DVDVideosoft Free Studio All sorts of free utility's for sound and video, one of which extracts every frame of the video as a jpg. A great programme so good I made a well deserved donation.

Reactions: Steve Carr
most good vid players will offer a snapshot of vid screen, and usually a choice of format jpg or png and even location to store - VLC player will.

and of course the snapshot is ONLY the resolution of the vid, so if you specify 4khd, it is 8mp, if 1080p, then 2mp.

Using GomPlayer to capture frames;
As JPG
5.81MB
3840x2160
96dpi
YUN00010.mp4_000006172.png

As PNG
15.9 MB
3840x2160
YUN00010.mp4_000006172.png

Members online

Forum statistics