Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

SD Card for H Plus C23 Camera

Reaction score
I have many SD cards for all my drones and for some reason I can't use them. I tried a SanDisk Extreme 32gb A2, SanDisk 64gb A2, and yes they are formatted FAT32. I even went into the camera and format the cards. Still its not recognized. The card will pickup and read in the ST16S but not in the C23. So I wanted to ask if I am missing something are is the recommended cards others are using?

You also want the 64GB card formatted as exFAT not FAT32. You limit the card to 32GB by using FAT32 unless you create two 32GB partitions, but a camera will only recognize the first partition.

You also want the 64GB card formatted as exFAT not FAT32. You limit the card to 32GB by using FAT32 unless you create two 32GB partitions, but a camera will only recognize the first partition.
Understand, I did try and use a 32gb, same result, only the included 16gb card that came with the H Plus works. I now my cards work because they can be formatted and used in other drones/cameras. Even after using the CV23 to format the card, they want appear. The do show up in the ST16 file manager, just not the camera.

Attachments

• 20220306_064505.jpg
    20220306_064505.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Understand, I did try and use a 32gb, same result, only the included 16gb card that came with the H Plus works. I now my cards work because they can be formatted and used in other drones/cameras. Even after using the CV23 to format the card, they want appear. The do show up in the ST16 file manager, just not the camera.
That is odd as those two cards are usually good candidates for the Yuneec cameras.

I would suggest reformatting the 64GB card in your PC using exFAT then retry in the C23.

Upload a photo of all three cards with the contact side showing. Curious if there is an issue with pad alignment.

II even went into the camera and format the cards. Still its not recognized.
You have stated several times the cards are not showing up when in the camera. But you have not specified exactly what indicator of failure you are seeing. The fact you can format the card while in the camera creates some question. Please specify what you are seeing (or not seeing) that tells you the SD cards are not working in the camera. Some specifics might be:
1.) An error notice on the ST16S main screen.
2.) The pin hole led above/left of the camera lens remains flashing orange when the card is installed instead of flashing green.
3.) Are you expecting to see the SD card on the ST16S file manager when it is installed in the camera?
4.) Are you seeing anything else?

That is odd as those two cards are usually good candidates for the Yuneec cameras.

I would suggest reformatting the 64GB card in your PC using exFAT then retry in the C23.

Upload a photo of all three cards with the contact side showing. Curious if there is an issue with pad alignment.
all 3 cards

Attachments

• 20220306_111408.jpg
    20220306_111408.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20220306_111436.jpg
    20220306_111436.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
So the only one of these three cards that gets detected when inserted into the SD card slot on the C23 camera is the FORESEE 16GB card?

The only two that should work in the ST16S is the 16GB and the 32GB. The 64GB may work in the ST16S if formatted as FAT32, but that limits the card to 32GB which is a waste.

You have stated several times the cards are not showing up when in the camera. But you have not specified exactly what indicator of failure you are seeing. The fact you can format the card while in the camera creates some question. Please specify what you are seeing (or not seeing) that tells you the SD cards are not working in the camera. Some specifics might be:
1.) An error notice on the ST16S main screen.
2.) The pin hole led above/left of the camera lens remains flashing orange when the card is installed instead of flashing green.
3.) Are you expecting to see the SD card on the ST16S file manager when it is installed in the camera?
4.) Are you seeing anything else?
The camera is flashing yellow, the screen on the ST16 shows a live view of the camera. When I press the record button on the ST16 I see a popup on the ST16 stating no SD Card. I am not expecting to see the data on the SD card while in the camera on the ST16. But I can insert the SD card into the ST16 and see it is recognized. Everything works with the included 16gb SD Card, I can record to the card and everything works. The 2 other card work in anything else and I see no issues.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Is there any mechanical difficulty when inserting the problem SD cards? Does the "spring" feel about the same with the SanDisk cards as with the Foresee card? I wondered if you might have the same issue as discussed in C23 Camera SD card "spring" broken - difficult to get SD card to register - PLEASE HELP.
I think its because the camera didn't update. I noticed that everything else updated to 1.1.03 . I did follow the WTFProject Rev88. Downloaded the files and followed the directions. I tried the camera again, did as mentioned, camera yellow blinking, went limp once and then it kept leaning to one side and returning to level, the light was blinking green. After awhile it stops and the light is s solid green. I wait for the additional 3 minutes as mentioned. When I go to power off the drone, it wont allow me to power off by pressing/holding the power button. I waited longer and tried again, still wont allow me to power so I remove the battery and then remove the card and format the card. I then power on everScreenshot_2022-03-06-15-46-01.pngything and all works but the cam isn't updated.

I think its because the camera didn't update.
The image of your firmware page shows the camera is on EU firmware. Are you located in the EU?
If you can tell me the original firmware version you were on, I can try to duplicate the same update just to see what happens.
Were you using one of the SanDisk cards for the update?

The image of your firmware page shows the camera is on EU firmware. Are you located in the EU?
If you can tell me the original firmware version you were on, I can try to duplicate the same update just to see what happens.
Were you using one of the SanDisk cards for the update?
I am not in EU, in the US. I did purchase this from a seller in the UK, brand new in the box. That is the original firmware the unit came with, attached is what I started with.

Attachments

• 20220305_052446.jpg
    20220305_052446.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
I think we are close to an answer, but it is not a good one for you.
1.) The problem with SD recognition was characteristic of the original Build 652 you have loaded on the HPlus itself and the C23. Did you try either of the SanDisk cards before the update attempt?
2.) The update failure is a very common first symptom of a failing ribbon in the C23. All other functions seem normal, but the camera will not perform updates normally.
Unfortunately, there is a lot more to the story. If the ribbon is actually the culprit, you are currently stuck with build 652 on the drone. That is a dangerous mismatch with having Build 822 on the controller. The controller (on Build 822) will attempt to use "redundant flight control", meaning drone control periodically shifts to the camera instead of the drone reciever. The drone (on Build 652) is not capable of redundant flight control. This mismatch will result in periodic loss of drone control while in flight.

You need to decide which way to go. Some choices might include:
1.) Return the controller to Build 652, and simply find SD cards that the camera will accept.
2.) Use the working SD card and attempt the update a couple more times. Another symptom of the ribbon failure is that the failure is often intermittent. It may work the next time. Or it may make things worse.
3.) Send the camera for repair.
Yes I did try the cards. the only update I did was the one I was advised to do. Maybe I will simply return the entire drone.

Are you using the 16GB Foresee card to do the update for the camera and aircraft? The SanDisk cards may not work until you get the camera updated to a newer firmware version.

Are you using the 16GB Foresee card to do the update for the camera and aircraft? The SanDisk cards may not work until you get the camera updated to a newer firmware version.
Yes the 16GB Foresee is the only card that works.

I think we are close to an answer, but it is not a good one for you.
1.) The problem with SD recognition was characteristic of the original Build 652 you have loaded on the HPlus itself and the C23. Did you try either of the SanDisk cards before the update attempt?
2.) The update failure is a very common first symptom of a failing ribbon in the C23. All other functions seem normal, but the camera will not perform updates normally.
Unfortunately, there is a lot more to the story. If the ribbon is actually the culprit, you are currently stuck with build 652 on the drone. That is a dangerous mismatch with having Build 822 on the controller. The controller (on Build 822) will attempt to use "redundant flight control", meaning drone control periodically shifts to the camera instead of the drone reciever. The drone (on Build 652) is not capable of redundant flight control. This mismatch will result in periodic loss of drone control while in flight.

You need to decide which way to go. Some choices might include:
1.) Return the controller to Build 652, and simply find SD cards that the camera will accept.
2.) Use the working SD card and attempt the update a couple more times. Another symptom of the ribbon failure is that the failure is often intermittent. It may work the next time. Or it may make things worse.
3.) Send the camera for repair.
where can I find the 652 version?

Yes I did try the cards.
Did the cards work?

There is a somewhat exotic update that may help. To explain, your situation has elements that suggest either a bad ribbon, a problem with the gimbal board, bad SD card recognition, or any combination. On a normal update with all the elements on the SD card, the system tries to update the autopilot and gimbal first. Failing either of those will prevent the camera from proceeding with the update, leaving you with the combination you now have. It is possible that updating the camera itself as a stand-alone update will increase the ability of the camera to process the SD card, possibly allowing for a successful full update on a follow-up attempt.
If you want to give it a try we will provide some instructions.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I agree with @WTFDproject about trying to update just the camera to v822 to match the ST16 and app. If you get the camera itself to update then it should make the SanDisk cards usable and the gimbal and aircraft may then update properly.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval