Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Severe input lag in 'manual' flight mode

Reaction score
I was doing a survey job and when the drone was coming back for a battery swap I thought I'd switch to 'manual' mode and land it myself. What happened next was frightening and dangerous.

As soon as I switched to 'manual' the drone started behaving erratically and it took my a while to figure out that it was actually responding to my commands, but with a severe input lag. I would estimate about 2-3 seconds. Fortunately it was in a clear area with no obstacles around, so I managed to land it with minimal damage. It was windy and the drone was drifting, but I couldn't compensate for it with the laggy inputs, so it tipped over on landing. Other than some scratches on the propellers and me needing new underpants, it was fine.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is there something that I could have done to cause this? If it's a known issue, has it been resolved with the new firmware?

Frankly, since then, I just didn't dare to switch it to manual mode. I'll test it at a higher altitude next time I fly it.

Last edited:
I noticed that my brand new H520E landed and then reacted to ground contact with a up input for a brief moment that caused my "stellar landing" to be challenged. This was done in ANGLE mode.
Regarding your issue; I wonder if you had time to switch to another mode GPS or ANGLE before a out of control state. Glad you didn't sustain too much damage!

I noticed that my brand new H520E landed and then reacted to ground contact with a up input for a brief moment that caused my "stellar landing" to be challenged. This was done in ANGLE mode.
Regarding your issue; I wonder if you had time to switch to another mode GPS or ANGLE before a out of control state. Glad you didn't sustain too much damage!
During the maneuver I didn't have the composure to try switching flight modes, it didn't even occur to me at the moment that it is related to that. After the landing I switched back to 'Angle' and it was all fine. I didn't even try to experiment with 'Manual', as I was focused on completing the survey.

I'll experiment with it again and post my findings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22