Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Signs on the wall say "Yuneec is Toast"

My experience with Yuneec wasn't so great. They did repair my unit, but it did take longer than expected. They also refused to replace the charging cord...a few dollar item to them, but ended my dealing with Yuneec products.

I agree GW. My issue isn't with the drone but the controller. No GPS. Compass malfunction. Wouldn't even know where to start. I was already in the process of purchasing a second unit. Was looking at the tornado. having discussions with my brother about firing up a drone biz. I'm sure I will get another bird inevitably but Yuneec's got me looking elsewhere. Seems to me the business to be in right now is local drone repair shop.

I also was planning on a second Yuneec product, but my experience drove me away. I ended up buying a Blade Chroma from a local shop that had a new one still in stock. Best move I made as it suits me and my needs better. So much so that I found another one used on Craigslist complete for $175 as a spare. Now I don't use the Yuneec very much. I have to add that even though the second one I bought was used, when I had an issue, (couldn't link up with my gopro) Blade helped me no charge by exchanging my controller for one compatible with the gopro.

Yuneec needs to direct you to the right service center. I tried for a week to get a hold of them and then someone here recommended the hotline, you wait for a few mins and they offer to call you back, which they do, every time.

Both times I was able to get a response from them they said someone would call me back with a status and neither time did anyone call me back.

Regarding the two phone numbers, I noticed the new second number specifically states it serves the Typhoon H.

I called 3 times and requested a call back and they did each time. Not sure everyone else is receiving the same response, but their initial wait times can be brutal.

There are two kinds of drones.... Those that have crashed, and those that are going to crash.
-----Old RC Proverb paraphrased----
Applies to motorcycle riders as well!

Reactions: gwhuntoon
There's only one conclusion I can think to draw-
I sent my Typhoon H in for repairs on 6/29 as suggested, (and RA'd) by Yuneec. The only correspondence I've received since is acknowledgement that they received it.
That is, other then a couple replies when I inquired WTF is going on?
In one email inquiry they told me I need to call customer service for answers to repair status'
So I called and they said they would get back to me the following week. That was 2 weeks ago. And that didn't happen.
After several more attempts to call, I get "estimated wait time 2 hours" every time.
So I went back to emailing, got one apology saying someone would get back to me with an update before the end of the day. That was last Friday. Didn't happen.
Now they're not even responding to my emails??
If this was a drone used for business I would likely be homeless by now.
Short of small claims court, I'm out of ideas.
oboy have posted before about this, camera problem cal, replaced antenna, no help then New York replaced lence ???? now were hone 3 weeks later no fix oh pixiling and pan problem. Got new camera tried to bind all couldnot called ont. we tried three times over the phone, no luck, tried recalibrating controller no luck they said bad gimble controller toggle so all is back to cal. bought in jan. about 5 hrs fight time ask about new drone but will add six weeks on to warranty, gee thanks, so good luck. oh ups did loose it for three weeks, but still really ???? theres more to story But you get the idea. if you want call me and I will tell you the rest. theirs more. 1-253-229-6080

I also was planning on a second Yuneec product, but my experience drove me away. I ended up buying a Blade Chroma from a local shop that had a new one still in stock. Best move I made as it suits me and my needs better. So much so that I found another one used on Craigslist complete for $175 as a spare. Now I don't use the Yuneec very much. I have to add that even though the second one I bought was used, when I had an issue, (couldn't link up with my gopro) Blade helped me no charge by exchanging my controller for one compatible with the gopro.

So you bought another Yuneec product. Horizon didn't make the Chroma, Yuneec did. Horizon didn't perform Chroma warranty work, Yuneec did. What Horizon did was mostly replace old with new, and actual repairs were performed at Yuneec. So if you use the Chroma a lot, you're still using Yuneec. Note the Chroma 4k and Q-500/Typhoon 4 K use the same ST-10 controller in black or white and the same CGO-3 4K camera.

As for a few others, I'm pretty sure you're bought something else in your life that didn't function perfectly out of the box. The difference is consumer drones cost more than many are comfortable paying (above their pay grade) so having an issue, whether it be with the actual product or with the users screwing them up from lack of comprehension, becomes something that from a users perspective an event worthy of the wrath of Gods. Sorry, but the whining gets to be a bit much periodically.

Last edited:
Reactions: CraigD and Tuna
So you bought another Yuneec product. Horizon didn't make the Chroma, Yuneec did. Horizon didn't perform Chroma warranty work, Yuneec did. What Horizon did was mostly replace old with new, and actual repairs were performed at Yuneec. So if you use the Chroma a lot, you're still using Yuneec. Note the Chroma 4k and Q-500/Typhoon 4 K use the same ST-10 controller in black or white and the same CGO-3 4K camera.

As for a few others, I'm pretty sure you're bought something else in your life that didn't function perfectly out of the box. The difference is consumer drones cost more than many are comfortable paying (above their pay grade) so having an issue, whether it be with the actual product or with the users screwing them up from lack of comprehension, becomes something that from a users perspective an event worthy of the wrath of Gods. Sorry, but the whining gets to be a bit much periodically.
I just want to say I've had my H for over a year now, logged over 100 flights totaling about 30 hours.
The only issues I've had were pilot error and minor. I have emailed CS twice with questions and received an answer in 24 hours.
I have ma
I am still thrilled with my H.

Stuff does happen from time to time. It's a fact of life. I had a fly away and was lucky a tree got in the way. Yuneec handled it. Yea, it took over a month. That's almost nothing in the timeline for this stuff.

I have a second I had changes made at time of purchase. Shipping the new H took a little over an extra week to go out the door. No problem.

I also have a 4K Chroma with extra batteries and charge adapters I'll sell if someone finds the slow little critter more suitable for them than an H.

Those that were first in line for the H had their work cut out for them because all kinds of important little nuances weren't known or included in the instructions. They worked through all that and the re-designed manual in this forum and all the You Tube videos take almost all the risk out of flying an H, if new flyers bother to review any of them. If they don't they'll probably crash a perfectly good aircraft, then complain CS is too slow for them. It could be much, much worse.

Last edited:
Note that Yuneec are fully aware that some people have bet their commercial life on a drone, and can't yet afford to run a second one as backup.

As part of the H520 launch, they're offering cover that promises fast turnaround and guaranteed fixes for crashes to deal with those customers - but it's an extra that commercial users can choose to purchase.

For consumer users who bought at their local store, they're in a difficult position. As has been said, they get plenty of tech support calls that cover basics like 'how do I charge the battery' and 'how do I connect the camera'. They also get a certain amount of users who didn't bother reading any instructions, assume it flies like a toy and immediately crash it into a tree. Those same customers then ring support and swear blind the machine 'took off by itself'. It's a huge drain on their support staff. Unfortunately like many of the big drone companies, they had to cut staff at the beginning of the year and they're currently having to turn that around to deal with increasing workloads. This is a new industry and even the big companies are having to find their way a little.

But toast? Not at all... there are some very exciting things coming out of Yuneec over the next six months or so ;)

Note that Yuneec are fully aware that some people have bet their commercial life on a drone, and can't yet afford to run a second one as backup.;)
That means that they started a business with out a good business plan or sufficient capitol.
Your reputation is only as good as your last job. If you wasted your client's time by being on site and your bird can't fly then their opinion of you drops faster than the H when the battery ejects.

Reactions: EnlightenOnQ
That means that they started a business with out a good business plan or sufficient capitol.
Your reputation is only as good as your last job. If you wasted your client's time by being on site and your bird can't fly then their opinion of you drops faster than the H when the battery ejects.
Amen to that brother.
Whenever I do a commercial job I always fill in a Risk Assessment form/matrix. One of the criteria assessed is possible damage to reputation. By far, one of the best ways to allow me to assign a low risk is to have a second UAV in the boot (trunk) of my car.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
If I were to go commercial I would have a minimum of three birds, three cameras, and three ST-16 as a bare minimum for the flight systems. And three or four batteries for each bird and three chargers.
And a fistful of 32 gig sd cards,

If I were to go commercial I would have a minimum of three birds, three cameras, and three ST-16 as a bare minimum for the flight systems. And three or four batteries for each bird and three chargers.
And a fistful of 32 gig sd cards,
I used to have 3 operational aircraft but one of them only had a simple gimbal so the video it produced wasn't very good. I eventually mothballed it for that reason...video not up to the standards that a client should expect (but it took brilliant still pictures!). I still have it and if push comes to the shove I could have it in the air again after some pre-flight maintenance (say 24 hrs notice).

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Both times I was able to get a response from them they said someone would call me back with a status and neither time did anyone call me back.
After the 5th week of waiting I called support repair they had not even started on my TH the next week they repaired it and sent it back to me total a little over 5 weeks But when I called to check they had to find it in the system so if I had not called them to check on it, it may had been longer I guess this is due to there lay off and short staff my TH battery and props was not covered my st 16 lost connection with my H and crashed call them again and get an answer I live in TX.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro