Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Skyview FPV Headset

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I ordered my Q500 bundle package from Beach Camera on Amazon and while setting up to use the Skyview I noticed the HDMI cable that was sent with it does not have a location on the ST10+ base controller. After reviewing some info I found on both Yuneecs website and other pages it appears that the Skyview is only compatible with the Typhoon H and Typhoon 920. I’m going to call Beach Camera and Yuneec tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else has had this experience? If so, how was either one of the companies customer service?

Hey guys,

I ordered my Q500 bundle package from Beach Camera on Amazon and while setting up to use the Skyview I noticed the HDMI cable that was sent with it does not have a location on the ST10+ base controller. After reviewing some info I found on both Yuneecs website and other pages it appears that the Skyview is only compatible with the Typhoon H and Typhoon 920. I’m going to call Beach Camera and Yuneec tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else has had this experience? If so, how was either one of the companies customer service?
It's too bad you didn't ask about the goggles before you placed the order. The ST10 has no method of connecting to the goggles. The ST16 does have an HDMI out port and it works quite well.

It's too bad you didn't ask about the goggles before you placed the order. The ST10 has no method of connecting to the goggles. The ST16 does have an HDMI out port and it works quite well.

This is the bundle I bought

Attachments

• 5845F48E-63AA-4826-840C-9D637D9EF48A.png
    5845F48E-63AA-4826-840C-9D637D9EF48A.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
Ya I’m going to call the company in the morning. Not sure what they will do as it was sold as a bundle.

Resolution: So I called Beach Camera and spoke to their customer service team. They were actually really good to deal with! They gave me a $100.00 credit for the goggles and prepaid return label for them as well. They also gave me a $25.00 credit for the main charging cable that was missing from the box. All in all a great company to purchase from!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Resolution: So I called Beach Camera and spoke to their customer service team. They were actually really good to deal with! They gave me a $100.00 credit for the goggles and prepaid return label for them as well. They also gave me a $25.00 credit for the main charging cable that was missing from the box. All in all a great company to purchase from!
I got the same bundle, was an opened package, camera tape was stuck to top of foam by props, batteries were at 75% and swolen slightly, not hard like the 2 i just bought from morpilot, how are your batteries?

Mine only cane with one battery and today I flew it for the first time and when I took my SD CARD in to view my footage, there were some videos and pictures of some guy inside his house! I’m not very happy as this was advertised as new!

I got the same bundle, was an opened package, camera tape was stuck to top of foam by props, batteries were at 75% and swolen slightly, not hard like the 2 i just bought from morpilot, how are your batteries?

Are you 100% sure you bought it directly from beach camera on amazon? Ok another vendor?
That definitely does not sound like them. I’ve bought from them dozens of times and never once had the issue of something being sent to me that was used in the manner you are speaking.
They do stand behind the product and service. I once had an issue with an item that was DOA. They swapped it out pretty quick considering it was holiday season.

I placed an order through Beach Camera last month for the Q500, three days later they still had not processed the order. I called and canceled the order, placed the order through Yuneec and had my drone is a few days. Just about the same bundle, two batteries, two sets of props all the chargers and cables, carry case with wheels and $100.00 cheaper. Only things I did not get was the bigger SD card and the extended warranty. Sometimes it pays to just order directly from the company.

I would hope they exchange it for what you need. If you plan to use goggles you will need an H.
Hey Steve, my buddy got the same thing, only they said you can use the goggles on the Q , if you connect it to a tablet with HDMI Outlet. It seems like a lot to connect to use it.

Hey Steve, my buddy got the same thing, only they said you can use the goggles on the Q , if you connect it to a tablet with HDMI Outlet. It seems like a lot to connect to use it.
The ST10 does not have an HDMI output. Only the ST16 has that feature, so it will not work on the Q.

The ST10 does not have an HDMI output. Only the ST16 has that feature, so it will not work on the Q.
That's what i thought. I found a you tube vid on how to do it. But after watching it a few minutes they only connected it to a tablet not the st10. I contacted the seller to inform of this. No answer yet[emoji41]

It sounds like the seller has no clue about how the product works.
I got an Email back from him finally,

good evening
you will have to have a tablet with HDMI out as your secondary FPV ( first person view monitor )
and the goggles will connect directly to the tablet
that is how you connect them
also you can use them with any HDMI compatible devises
thanks kenny

Doesn't make any sense to me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval