Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Slow YAW response

Reaction score
Having an issue with YAW. Itll go left OK, but VERY SLOW right. If Im in turtle mode, it will barley yaw right at all, and in rabbit, its just kind of meh
Travel on the yaw movement is low (73% left and 52% Right) when looking at the hardware menu.
Is there a way to calibrate the sticks on the ST16???

Sounds to me like an offset in the channel settings since the travel is not the same on both sides of the stick. First you should check the hardware monitor (system settings>hardware monitor) to make sure the travel on the stick is ok (both directions should be equal). Make sure the graph at the bottom (J2) travels to ±100 when you move the left stick to the right and left. If that's OK, then it's probably an offset in the channel settings. This gets a little trickier and you should make a backup copy of your model in the model select section before doing anything else.

Still no luck. Sent Yuneec an email and shall report back. Hopefully I wont have to send the controller in..

Still no luck. Sent Yuneec an email and shall report back. Hopefully I wont have to send the controller in..
Hello, Did you ever get an solution to your issue. I am having the exact same problem on my Yuneec 4K.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Gary

After dealing with CS and tech support doing calibrations etc, it had to be sent to Yuneec to have the left stick replaced. Sucked to have to ship it in, and it took almost 2.5 weeks to get it back.

I had this issue and I had to re-calibrate with the rabbit and the turtle dead center for some reason -- Now it still goes faster left yaw if I am in turtle mode, but move just a tad out of turtle and everything is equal Odd! Oh and they should have crossed shipped you a new one!

shipping me a new one would have been great... But they simply wont. All good, while the H was down, I bought and got to know my p4 pretty well.

I know this post is old, but I'm having the same issue with my remote as well (ST16). I had the remote and the H in the case for a few weeks and now that I pulled it out attempting to fly my Typhoon H, The minute I hit the throttle, the H didn't want to come down or land. I had to grab it mid air and pull the battery out to kill the motors. When I got home to check the channels and the response, it showed the throttle was not moving to 100 % and the right side joystick for left, right, up and down was responding the same way. This can't be the joy sticks that are bad all of a sudden. Can anyone provide an idea of how to fix this?

Thanks.

ST-16 Calibration ( secret menu )

couple of things... you need to make sure the the pan control is centered, as well
as both the controls for tilt and turtle/rabbit or the calibration will not be successful.
After getting all controls completed and showing green on both calibration screens,
back out to the the main screen and reboot the ST-16.

Reactions: Landmanjeep
I did everything it said and all the boxes turn green except J1 and J3. They seem to stay red. I did this last night as well and nothing works to get them to go green. Is there something wrong here?

I did everything it said and all the boxes turn green except J1 and J3. They seem to stay red. I did this last night as well and nothing works to get them to go green. Is there something wrong here?
Most likely you have the same problem as I just had with J1....dirty potentiometer. Electronic/contact cleaner will do the trick but be careful which kind you use as a lot of these cleaners will soften and mar plastic.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval