Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So can I buy the Intel RealSense Module for my original H ?

I have no idea. There are at least 3 Yuneec employees who are members here, but they may not know either.
Be nice though if one of them gave you some sort/any sort of an answer.

It was posted from the beginning that our units would be upgradeable to RealSense. Bolt-on. Two screws (may be 3. I don't remember). Supposed to be PnP, like literally just a few minutes.

September has been floated, but then again; so was August originally. I don't think there's been anything official as of yet. If there has been, I haven't seen it myself.

Reactions: Rayray
Someone pointed out to me that they have not seen where any one from yuneec has said that the reg version could be updated with RealSence. They has said many many times that the Typhoon H is upgrade-able, but not in the same sentence with the word RealSense. I need to go back and look at the videos from Yuneec press interviews to see if this is true.

Someone pointed out to me that they have not seen where any one from yuneec has said that the reg version could be updated with RealSence. They has said many many times that the Typhoon H is upgrade-able, but not in the same sentence with the word RealSense. I need to go back and look at the videos from Yuneec press interviews to see if this is true.
Make sense?

The problem with that is I have called and talked to a few of the high-end people at Yuneec. They told me that while they know many employees from Yuneec go on the forums and post that they handle CS for Yuneec. That nothing they say in a forum is binding on Yuneec. That people must call or email CS for official statements on products

But saying all that, Yuneec has to add Realsense to the reg version. They would be nuts not to. Yuneec has good to ok customer service. But bad press people.

Last edited:
There is a flying socket lead that resides in the main LED pod. I bet this is for RealSense and IPS module.
And ... I can see two fixing holes on the underside of the fuselage.
realsense_ips-jpg.1013

RealSense will need IPS but IPS will not need RealSense.
Price and When ? My guess $300 When: At the end of September ... 2016
I added 2016 just to appease the eternal pessimists.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I have no doubt the standard "H" or whatever the non-Pro version we early adopters bought will be basically PnP. Maybe a few screws, whatever. Something that someone can do at home. Un-coupling realsense from the bird and making it something that can be added later was part of the original delays.

If you recall when the H was first announced there was no "standard" and "pro" model, just the "H" which included realsense. The original release date for the "H" was Late Summer of 2016 here in the US. IMO, the release of the standard was to not let DJI get too far ahead with the Phantom 4. Releasing a non-realsense version should have made their revised early release date when they promised. But if we recall even the standard version was delayed several times. I believe they were trying to de-couple the realsense module but make it "modular" so it could be added later.

Anyways I have no doubt there will be a realsense module available for us standard owners eventually...

If you Google yuneec realsense module vertigo drones has it for pre order $399 price tag. It's due out Aug/Sept. Not sure if it's worth the 399 yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's compatible only change is a extra antenna. If you did the upgrade on the st16 there is now a realsense option. I did a lot of research on this. It's a pnp add on but im.not sure if it's worth the 400. Like others have said unless your using the H to travel in a forest I don't see it being all that important for 400$$$$. I do want it though lol.

If you are going to have a play pretty then you must have it all,lol.

It's compatible only change is a extra antenna. If you did the upgrade on the st16 there is now a realsense option. I did a lot of research on this. It's a pnp add on but im.not sure if it's worth the 400. Like others have said unless your using the H to travel in a forest I don't see it being all that important for 400$$$$. I do want it though lol.

Return to home, follow me, poi, and journey modes need Real Sense. Very important.

Yes they work but RS keeps them out of trouble so the Auto pilots work better. They won't run into stuff.

I asked Yuneec CS why the drone does not turn to fly forwards during autonomous modes such as RTH and Follow. This would allow the obstacle avoidance system to function. The reply was to install the RealSense module which would be released soon. I can only assume this means it will be installable on the standard TH. Also, that it will keep the drone flying forwards in autonomous modes. I don't understand why that functionality isn't available now without RealSense. Any thoughts?

The ultrasonic OA is just an emergency brake, it wouldn't allow the TH to navigate around an obstacle during RTH, so it would stall in place. Still better than crashing into stuff, but it wouldn't allow the bird to return home.

Reactions: SkyDoctor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval