Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So does anyone LIKE the Wizard?

Reaction score
My new to me TH showed up yesterday, and there was a surprise in the box, a brand new Wizard. From what little info I've been able to find, seems either no one trusts or, or it just doesn't work as advertised. So I was wondering if anyone has actually run it through its paces and decided it's a pretty cool little gadget after all. Later.

Dave

No I don't think so :) It does work as advertised, but that is not to say it was great idea in the first place. I doubt anyone buys it separately. I can see the point if you want the camera / H to follow you as you do some sporting type activity that would be impossible whilst holding the full remote, but outside that I'm not sure there is much use for it. Personally I find it almost impossible to feel adequately in control of the H when holding the wizard, so after a few initial tries when it first arrived, I just don't do it, and it remains safely in the box.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubik and Crashking
Never use it, for me I wouldn't trust it, at least with ST16 I feel I'm somewhat in control, with all the information visible to me, I'll stick with that and wizard looks like a TV remote.

I finally charged mine up and used it to fly with the first battery yesterday evening. It is a little odd at first, but I got used to it quite easily. I put the TH in Follow Me mode and it tracked the wizard with no problem. I was topped out at 20 mph in my golf cart and the TH kept pace with no trouble. One drawback is that it was developed for the Typhoon G (Q500 series) and there is no way to retract the landing gear with the wizard.

When I get my camera back from warranty repair, I plan to use team mode and fly with the wizard and use the ST-16 to control the camera. The ST-16 may still be able to retract the landing gear while in team mode ( I’m hoping ).

I was actually shocked that it worked as well as it did. One other thing is that using a direction pad to fly there is only one speed and that is full throttle so slow graceful flying is pretty much out of the question.

According to the enhanced manual, p.50, short press the two camera buttons to retract/extend the landing gear.

Reactions: R0bD and biltno
I use my Wizard most of the time with the ST16 in Team mode.

The Wizard works perfect for follow being equipped with a barometer, the ST16 is not.

Retracts, Watch/Follow, flight modes and much more can be controlled with the Wizard.

I find maximum Follow speed to be just over 40 mph making my TPH my high speed follow drone.

When not in Follow I prefer the ST16.

According to the enhanced manual, p.50, short press the two camera buttons to retract/extend the landing gear.

Thanks for the info! I had looked through the User Manual for the Wizard and that info was not there. I should remember to always look at the expanded manual for the TH when wanting info on anything dealing with the system.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I finally charged mine up and used it to fly with the first battery yesterday evening. It is a little odd at first, but I got used to it quite easily. I put the TH in Follow Me mode and it tracked the wizard with no problem. I was topped out at 20 mph in my golf cart and the TH kept pace with no trouble. One drawback is that it was developed for the Typhoon G (Q500 series) and there is no way to retract the landing gear with the wizard.

When I get my camera back from warranty repair, I plan to use team mode and fly with the wizard and use the ST-16 to control the camera. The ST-16 may still be able to retract the landing gear while in team mode ( I’m hoping ).

I was actually shocked that it worked as well as it did. One other thing is that using a direction pad to fly there is only one speed and that is full throttle so slow graceful flying is pretty much out of the question.
My new to me TH showed up yesterday, and there was a surprise in the box, a brand new Wizard. From what little info I've been able to find, seems either no one trusts or, or it just doesn't work as advertised. So I was wondering if anyone has actually run it through its paces and decided it's a pretty cool little gadget after all. Later.

Dave
I use the wizard when i am out with my girl flying my h she gets to have control of the camera while i fly the drone it is a useful tool and worth getting to know i like it .

I've used the Wizard maybe twice. It's OK, but I got a 2nd ST16 for my system and use that for camera control.

I thought one of the major uses was to use it when you have one person flying the Typhoon and another actually framing the shot/video. That way your focus is not divided. If anyone wants to say the Typhoon is not the best video quality well it may suit the purpose and the price a customer may be able to pay.

No I don't think so :) It does work as advertised, but that is not to say it was great idea in the first place. I doubt anyone buys it separately. I can see the point if you want the camera / H to follow you as you do some sporting type activity that would be impossible whilst holding the full remote, but outside that I'm not sure there is much use for it. Personally I find it almost impossible to feel adequately in control of the H when holding the wizard, so after a few initial tries when it first arrived, I just don't do it, and it remains safely in the box.
I´m new here... I`m the owner of Typhoon H (480) and want to buy a remote, because I`m a windsurfer and its the only way to carry the GPS and not the ST16.
The only stick Ive encountered is this, and its is developed for TG Q500.... My question is... Is the same remote? Does it works with my TH? in the other case... wich is the remote model I need to buy? Thanks... (and sorry for my english)

link to the remote Ive encountered: https://www.amazon.co.uk/YUNEEC-TYPHOON-Wizard-Remote-Control/dp/B016J1A0MG

It is the same remote, but you may have to update its firmware to allow the combos to control functions on the H480.

You can get it here Wizard Wand

Reactions: Nko

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789bet