Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So where is it?

I've been checking Youtube everyday for videos on the H3, as of this Monday there were only three (containing footage not from Yuneec or 'talking heads' just talking about the new H3) - two were from our own member 'Yosi' and the third was what appeared to be a video featuring Yuneec personnel allowing some people a chance to fly the H3 somewhere in Europe. On Tuesday there was another video posted (unboxing) ? - but this was from a guy in Miami Florida - I have no idea if he is connected to Yuneec.

I also noticed the Price for the H3 at Vertigo is listed at 2,599.00 US - what happened to 2,300.00 price?

With the, (dare I say it:p) Mavic 2 Pro down to 1,499.00 (with extra gear at most retailers), the H3 is going to have to really be a step up from the Plus if it is to compete.
I totally agree. There are new drones coming out like the Atell evo II with cameras that I think Yuneec just cant release the same old sort of limitations in their current softweair ie no apature poriority and hdr etc.
Mike

I also noticed the Price for the H3 at Vertigo is listed at 2,599.00 US - what happened to the 2,300.00 price?

US tariffs???

I'm waiting until I see the Autel EVO 2 Pro. It has promise but right now only the model with the lesser sensor is in the hands of pilots doing tests. Time will tell. I'm in now hurry to burn a lot of money at this time.

US tariffs???

I'm waiting until I see the Autel EVO 2 Pro. It has promise but right now only the model with the lesser sensor is in the hands of pilots doing tests. Time will tell. I'm in now hurry to burn a lot of money at this time.

Don't think it's got anything to do with tariffs, if it did it would be industry wide and as I mentioned, some of the competitions' prices are coming down. I think it has more to do with scarcity, Yuneec mentioned this (H3) would be a limited release and perhaps they think that will drive prices up. I think the market will decide. ;)

I've seen some decent comparison video between Evo Pro 2 (8K- smaller sensor), and the Mavic Pro 2 and Mavic Pro Zoom - and whatever Autel is doing to bump their pixel count on that 1/2 inch sensor, it doesn't seem to be working. Of the three the Evo 2's image was very soft, flat and out classed my even the Mavic Zoom. I am waiting to see what their flagship can do.

Don't think it's got anything to do with tariffs, if it did it would be industry wide and as I mentioned, some of the competitions' prices are coming down. I think it has more to do with scarcity, Yuneec mentioned this (H3) would be a limited release and perhaps they think that will drive prices up. I think the market will decide. ;)

I've seen some decent comparison video between Evo Pro 2 (8K- smaller sensor), and the Mavic Pro 2 and Mavic Pro Zoom - and whatever Autel is doing to bump their pixel count on that 1/2 inch sensor, it doesn't seem to be working. Of the three the Evo 2's image was very soft, flat and out classed my even the Mavic Zoom. I am waiting to see what their flagship can do.

I think you are saying this : "Of the three the Evo 2's image was very soft, flat and out classed BY even the Mavic Zoom."

I concur with the apparent poor quality of the Evo Pro 2 8K from what I have seen; note again, based on early YouTube videos, not my own work. The photo's and video aren't good. Video and photos from the C23 and the M2Pro that I have produced are much better. I also am waiting on the Evo Pro 2 1" camera reviews and will get either that or the Leica in a few months.

Was a figure mentioned in Limited release? I suppose damage limitation in case it flops!

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Irish
No figure but they said it would not be at all retailers much like the 520. Places like B&H, Best Buy, Amazon and others will not carry the H3 was my understanding.

Anyone can help me out: I can't decide on the H520+E90 or H3. Main focus would be making of photos and video. Both seem to have a similar (or even the same) camera / sensor. Both are intended for photographs and videos. The price of both is similar.
So the differences seem to be the better photo/video-tracks that are programmable on the H3, versus the more options (cameras) of the H520 (the H3 won't get other cams). The H3 being from 2020, whereas the H520 dates from 2017... quite indecisive... Any pros/cons for either of them, because they seem VERY similar in specs (meaning either the H520 was very advanced, or the H3 is no improvement over 3 years time...). Thanks for your opinions!!

Hi. The H-520 I believe was designed for photo mapping and the H-Plus and now the H3 for photo and video work. I haven't got my H plus long but I can say that it flies very smoothly even on windy days its very stable.
The new H3 has only been released in Europe in the last week and I don't even think it is on sale yet in the US?
If it were me and was thinking on spend on a new deone I would hold off for a month or so until I seen some real world reviews from members here. I have seen some still photos from the H3 and so far I don't see much difference on them from my H plus. GIVE IT TIME?
Cheers.
Mike

Reactions: aedronix
You might want to wait until the H3 has been in the hands of general users long enough to reveal what it will or won’t do.

Your intended type of use does not align with the 520’s intended purpose, although the camera selection is more suitable to your needs. We don’t really know how well the H3 camera works yet. We need image samples, many of them, from users of H3 production models, not promotional images from “factory reps” flying pre production models.

No figure but they said it would not be at all retailers much like the 520. Places like B&H, Best Buy, Amazon and others will not carry the H3 was my understanding.

Yes your right. Yuneec wants to make it a more up market product??
I hope the H3 lives upto the hype that surrounds Yuneec and Leica software input?
Mike

You might want to wait until the H3 has been in the hands of general users long enough to reveal what it will or won’t do.

Your intended type of use does not align with the 520’s intended purpose, although the camera selection is more suitable to your needs. We don’t really know how well the H3 camera works yet. We need image samples, many of them, from users of H3 production models, not promotional images from “factory reps” flying pre production models.

You just got there before me ;)
Cheers.
Mike

Hi. The H-520 I believe was designed for photo mapping and the H-Plus and now the H3 for photo and video work. I haven't got my H plus long but I can say that it flies very smoothly even on windy days its very stable.
The new H3 has only been released in Europe in the last week and I don't even think it is on sale yet in the US?
If it were me and was thinking on spend on a new deone I would hold off for a month or so until I seen some real world reviews from members here. I have seen some still photos from the H3 and so far I don't see much difference on them from my H plus. GIVE IT TIME?
Cheers.
Mike

Thanks Mike. Just waiting another month doesn't get me up in the air ;-)

• Wow
Thanks Mike. Just waiting another month doesn't get me up in the air ;-)
That may be so but their is APP $500 of a difference between the H-Plus and the H-3 ? For the sake of a couple of weeks?
The Autel evo II Pro with the one inch sensor should be out in a month or so also, just something else to consider.
Mike

That may be so but their is APP $500 of a difference between the H-Plus and the H-3 ? For the sake of a couple of weeks?
The Autel evo II Pro with the one inch sensor should be out in a month or so also, just something else to consider.
Mike

True. About the Autel: it is a uadcopter, whereas here I need a hexacopter...

So, I had the same issue as you about a month ago and went the H20 route. I had a few bids in on Inspire 2’s with X5s cameras, but folks bidding were willing to pay more than I thought things were worth. I also never cared for a lot of the automated flight modes-tried them, decided I did not want them, so the H520 became my purchase.

Now-a Mavic 2 would have also served my needs, but my last experience with the Mavic series was while decent, it did not handle wind as well, and it’s smaller size was really hard for me to keep in sight.

The H520 is easy for me to keep sight of, flys well, and I love the overall simplicity of the remote/aircraft

Yes your right. Yuneec wants to make it a more up market product??
I hope the H3 lives upto the hype that surrounds Yuneec and Leica software input?
Mike
More upmarket? I can see a line of products in the pipeline, Maybe a fragrance to make you seem more desirable, leather backpack, gold plated props, all to disguise it's just a tarted up H plus!?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital