Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So where is it?

If your sales volume hasn’t been high enough to generate a sufficient advertising budget you cut trade show attendance from your advertising plans.

Especially when you dont have anything to sell.

That's done all the time at seminars, you're buying in to an idea, well play you a video of the H3 and you can look at a mock-up, please pay your deposit or in full on leaving!

So disappointing, I had high hopes that we would see market availability by the first of December (although if I buy one it will be late 2020).

• Sad
Reactions: aedronix
The H3 is now showing as available on the Yuneec Europe site.
I think I few have second thoughts Now. seems a bit of an anti climax now, probably think some potential buyers have moved on, and some already in the chain think " Is it worth it" with a potential of being a pig which needs sorting out with firmware updates as soon as you get it and possibility of wondering what's been left out on this model. I think you have to be brave or rich to buy it at the moment, but will see.

With the history of Yuneec’s support of previous models.......their answer to requests for upgrades and feature fixes being the release of a new $2k+ aircraft to buy with ZERO backward compatibility......the incredibly inept customer service......the lack of replacement parts.....existing customers waiting months and months for repairs with no communication......

Anyone buying this new aircraft is taking a massive risk. NO WAY will I be an early adopter. I’ll need to see a minimum of 1 year of stellar performance, customer service, support and parts (including batteries) availability before I’d even consider a purchase.

By then, it’s anyone’s guess as to what other choices will be out there. (Evo2, Mavic 3, Inspire 3, etc....) While I still hold out hope due to my affection for my 480 and H+, I fear it’s too little, too late.

I tend to agree. At this point in time buying a new Yuneec model has lower odds in your favor than dropping a couple grand on a table and cutting the deck for high card.

Slick videos and clever promotional talk isn’t going to cut it. A positive company/product performance history is sorely needed.

I also agree wholeheartedly with what @Fred Garvin said 100%. Mickeyboo and myself were early adopters here in the US when the Plus came out. I remember talking to him when he first got his Plus and he was very disappointed with the raw images (at that time). I asked him to send me one so I could take a look, and when I opened it, it was clear we were seeing two different things. In the end Mickey needed a Plugin and I was sold at that very moment on the Plus imagery following the 480. Mickey went on to fly his plus for about a year using it to capture some spectacular imagery but when it fell out of the sky on him for no reason he moved on.

However, I don't think there is going to be anything from H3 that will have that sort of advancement to warrant purchase of a completely new Typhoon when not even the batteries are compatible. I have been fortunate that my Plus has yet to fail in any way and is still functionally perfect, though the batteries have lost a bit of capacity; so from a current Plus owners' perspective, the only things that interest me is the kind of camera functionality we'll never see with Yuneec, coupled with a camera as good or better than the C23 but more over - a system that is bullet proof and proven.

I am keeping my Plus and will continue to use it but in the meantime, I am evaluating other choices.

With the history of Yuneec’s support of previous models.......their answer to requests for upgrades and feature fixes being the release of a new $2k+ aircraft to buy with ZERO backward compatibility......the incredibly inept customer service......the lack of replacement parts.....existing customers waiting months and months for repairs with no communication......

Anyone buying this new aircraft is taking a massive risk. NO WAY will I be an early adopter. I’ll need to see a minimum of 1 year of stellar performance, customer service, support and parts (including batteries) availability before I’d even consider a purchase.

By then, it’s anyone’s guess as to what other choices will be out there. (Evo2, Mavic 3, Inspire 3, etc....) While I still hold out hope due to my affection for my 480 ="Fred Garvin, post: 210780, member: 18175"]

By then, it’s anyone’s guess as to what other choices will be out there. (Evo2, Mavic 3, Inspire 3, etc....) While I still hold out hope due to my affection for my 480 and H+, I fear it’s too little, too late.
I take it "no backwards compatibility" you refer too is the camera and software and battery? Obviously some parts are shared. Were not 100% sure there will be camera compatibility with the plus as claimed in the Yuneec CEO interview. But judging on past performance, probably a false promise.

Yep, a Yuneec Rep said the same about the C23, that it would be compatible with the 480, but as we know, this never happened.
Yes, still advertise both models here at dealers, you'd thought they got the hint by now!

Reactions: Mike Irish
I just checked the Yuneec EU website and the H3 is now finely isted for sale.
Now that still doesn't mean that I am going to get one but at least we should start to get some images and hopefully some faberial reports. ?
Regards.
Mike
CAMERA DRONES / TYPHOON H3
Typhoon H3 co-engineered with Leica
Typhoon H3 co-engineered with Leica

€2,399.00
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship, delivery time 2-5 working days*

1 Piece(s) 2 Piece(s) 3 Piece(s) 4 Piece(s)
Add to shopping cart

AmazonPay

Remember
  • Item No.: YUNTYH3EU

$2661.57.......ouch!

Hi Fred. While not cheap if the H3 gave use high video quality and a stable and dependable platform well I for one would think of getting one. Now after making that statement it would have to comply with the IAA/FAA regs.
Regards.
Mike

I've been checking Youtube everyday for videos on the H3, as of this Monday there were only three (containing footage not from Yuneec or 'talking heads' just talking about the new H3) - two were from our own member 'Yosi' and the third was what appeared to be a video featuring Yuneec personnel allowing some people a chance to fly the H3 somewhere in Europe. On Tuesday there was another video posted (unboxing) ? - but this was from a guy in Miami Florida - I have no idea if he is connected to Yuneec.

I also noticed the Price for the H3 at Vertigo is listed at 2,599.00 US - what happened to the 2,300.00 price?

With the, (dare I say it:p) Mavic 2 Pro down to 1,499.00 (with extra gear at most retailers), the H3 is going to have to really be a step up from the Plus if it is to compete.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval