Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some dangerous props sold from Aliexpress

Reaction score
I recently bought a set of Typhoon H props from Aliexpress:
3 pairs Yuneec Typhoon H (H480) Propeller Schwarz Zubehör Für RC Quadcopter FPV Drohne mit Kamera Yuneec Typhoon H in 3 pairs Yuneec Typhoon H (H480) Propeller Schwarz Zubehör Für RC Quadcopter FPV Drohne mit Kamera Yuneec Typhoon H aus Propeller auf AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

DO NOT BUY THESE!!!!!!
Actually don't buy any non original props at all. Guess I learned the hard way.

They caused 2 crashes, luckily without damage.
The following message was sent to the seller. I am awaiting their reply.

Dear seller.
Your product is faulty which make it very dangerous. I have flown twice with them had 2 propellers shatter in both flights causing my drone to crash twice.
I bought these as a backup set in case I ever broke a propeller. today I decided to test them out to see how they would hold up.

Flight 1 went well untill I noticed a lot of shaking on my screen. I decided to return the craft to inspect. when I came closer to my position I noticed there was a lot of noise and the craft wash shaking violently. landing was very difficult and it tipped over causing the props to strike the ground. when I picked up the drone I noticed one propeller was missing a blade. I assumed it broke when it struck the ground eventhough I could not find the missing blade it didn't occur to me it might have happened in the air.

flight 2 was a test flight with 5 of your props and 1 original from Yuneec. I took it for a spin closeby to see if the shaking was gone, and it was. after about 1 minute I decided to push it to the limits of it's power and gave it full throtle and full forward. not long after throttling up I heard a snap followed by a buzzing sound of something flying past at high speed. right away the drone started to shake violently and again tipped over on landing. only this time the propeller that broke did not strike the ground was broken.

after inspecting the propellers that broke I noticed they were both broken in the same manner. the blade snapped off at the hubb because there is not enough plastic molded in to make them able to withstand the forces that are applied at full throttle.
have you even tested these propellers before selling them. I can hardly imagine they would pass a safety test.

see the picture included.
the prop on the botom is an original, notice the difference in the amount of material where the blade meets the hub.

To compensate I would like to receive a full refund since the product can not live up to it's intended use.

I added 2 more pictures to show how the props were broken in the exact same way.
IMG_4295.JPG IMG_4293.JPG IMG_4294.JPG

Last edited:
Way to much carving out of critical spots. Yuneec blades are from the legacy of the original failed 350 blades where they failed all the time. They issued a B blade that became the standard that ended up being a good product. I was glad the TH did not have any OEM prop issues and I’ve found them to be reliable.

I would add, that with something so critical to the entire system, that you should purchase OEM parts from reliable proven vendors known on this board, such as Terrestrial Imaging, Vertigo Drones or Carolina Dronz. Not from an Amazon, EBay or other third party source... you never know what you will receive.

Reactions: THoff
I would add, that with something so critical to the entire system, that you should purchase OEM parts from reliable proven vendors known on this board, such as Terrestrial Imaging, Vertigo Drones or Carolina Dronz. Not from an Amazon, EBay or other third party source... you never know what you will receive.
I couldn’t agree more. I simply posted this to warn people for all the crap that is sold over the web posing as legit equipment.

Last edited:
I love my maytechs from Carolina Dronz. I’m going to make them my standard and originals for spares and pilot training.

Hey Craig...what advantages do you see with the Maytech's?

The balance and pitch is much better. They are smoother in the air and reduce motion in general. They are stubborn to install initially and require a break in period but now pop off and on as easily as OEM blades. They are very trustworthy in my opinion. The only issue is you’d better not strike anything as those blades are not taking the hit so I’d imagine much higher destruction in a pilot error crash. They are not for rookie pilots of the 480 who are still learning landing and experience tip overs. I also approach hand catching with more caution or use the red button quasi auto land.

The balance and pitch is much better. They are smoother in the air and reduce motion in general. They are stubborn to install initially and require a break in period but now pop off and on as easily as OEM blades. They are very trustworthy in my opinion. The only issue is you’d better not strike anything as those blades are not taking the hit so I’d imagine much higher destruction in a pilot error crash. They are not for rookie pilots of the 480 who are still learning landing and experience tip overs. I also approach hand catching with more caution or use the red button quasi auto land.
Fair enough...thank you sir !!

The Maytechs don't fit perfectly out of the box, I spent a few hours sanding the hubs of 2 sets on a flat surface. Then used a balancer. Haven't flown them yet, but the rigidity is far better than the originals, which were quite close to perfect balance.

Don’t need to do that as they come balanced. I was able to work them on by holding the motor stationary with my hex tool passed through the motor vents. Once I got them to snap in, it took about four times of installing and un-installing to get them going on by hand. I’ve done this successfully on three different 480s now.

I have never seen a prop break off in the hub like that. I have broken 3 props and none of them got into the hub.
There was a person on this board that was doing a conversion for the three blade props. Also was 3D printing adapters to do this conversion.
Any news on this?

Hobby Town think that's their name gets it's directly from yuneec.My fiberglass props are just fine as long as I balance them right from the get.

Hi I got some props from China. They seam genuine. They arrived this morning. Took 2 days in post. The come with proper packaging. And all and wear £17.50 whitch for 6 wasn't to bad
c0c3c70dc29eac8cf0bba438e26dc198.jpg

Hi I got some props from China. They seam genuine. They arrived this morning. Took 2 days in post. The come with proper packaging. And all and wear £17.50 whitch for 6 wasn't to bad
c0c3c70dc29eac8cf0bba438e26dc198.jpg
If it says yuneec on the blades they are genuine yuneec props. The packaging is original as well so It seems your safe.

I have never seen a prop break off in the hub like that. I have broken 3 props and none of them got into the hub.
There was a person on this board that was doing a conversion for the three blade props. Also was 3D printing adapters to do this conversion.
Any news on this?
That was Ralphy making adapters, and I've been flying 3-blade folding carbon fiber for some time now. I don't intend to use anything else, until I cnc hubs to try 5-blade...

Don’t need to do that as they come balanced. I was able to work them on by holding the motor stationary with my hex tool passed through the motor vents. Once I got them to snap in, it took about four times of installing and un-installing to get them going on by hand. I’ve done this successfully on three different 480s now.
Maytechs come balanced? Good sarcasm. Seriously. Of the 12 I have, 2 were close enough on receipt to not sand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval