Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Some questions about 4Hawks SR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, it is time to remind you that we need to be polite on the forum. While we as a group are for safe and legal flight with our UAV’s, but we don’t need to act like a pack of dogs when someone asks questions about range extender antennas.

The companies that develop and sell them make it sound like their product will give crystal clear video and uninterrupted control signal for miles. They fail to mention that all of their claims are with clear line of sight and ideal propagation conditions, much like claims of flight times made by the UAV manufacturers.

I believe @jeorghe was mostly curious why he lost the 2.4GHz control before the 5.8GHz video link. This was somewhat disturbing to me as the range extender is supposed to boost both frequencies by the same amount.

His second question about the distance of two kilometers being acceptable, I would have to say it is more than acceptable. At that distance the only way the H Plus would be visible for VLOS is if it had high power strobes that could be seen in full daylight. Yes other users have claimed to get greater distances, but they also don’t share all the factors that allowed that distance to be achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads