Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Someone added a zoom camera to the H

Reaction score
Anyone see this youtube video where someone put a zoom camera on the TH. If someone knows what they are saying, could you please enlighten me. Looks interesting.

Looked more stable than I would have imagined considering there was no gimbal. Would have been better to test in good light. It looks near dark in the video, car lights and street lights on. The camera was struggling to focus.

Looked more stable than I would have imagined considering there was no gimbal. Would have been better to test in good light. It looks near dark in the video, car lights and street lights on. The camera was struggling to focus.
Yea, for no gimbal, I thought the same. I'm just trying to figure out what camera they were using.

Now that is what Yuneec needs to do. Little shaky considering they do not have a dampened gimbal, but more than good enough for SAR/Inspection work.

Reactions: Dirtrider71
The gimbal and the dampeners are the heart of these photography Drones. But it didn't do a bad job and there didn't seem to be a lot of vibrations without it.

Most video cameras have vibration reduction / image stabilization built-in, so not having a gimbal that tries to compensate doesn't have to be a huge drawback. Still, you can't aim the camera at all, so that would make it useless to me.

If I knew the pinout of the H, I have a 27x zoom camera with gimbal never used that would be fun to try out.

If you could figure out an H compatible gimbal, that sucker would be sweet to have. Would have to give up the camera pan control and use it for zoom. You can always pan the aircraft.
Would suffer some flight time due to the added weight, but worth it in my opinion.
I would love to see a third party option, or even a Yuneec zoom camera.

Demonstrates how it's only a matter of time til Yuneec or some third party offers a superior camera with gimbal...with or without zoom. It's one of my many reasons I chose the H over DJI.

Demonstrates how it's only a matter of time til Yuneec or some third party offers a superior camera with gimbal...with or without zoom. It's one of my many reasons I chose the H over DJI.

100% agree my friend.

All the people comparing the H to the P4 are missing the point, the H is modular and has more than enough lifting capacity so it will come.

Well DJI has just released a zoom camera with gimbal for the Inspire

Sad Yuneec has not release a Zoom camera for H or Q since they already have one for the 920. Seems like they just do not here the market place customers. But then again the yuneec zoom camera is outrageously priced. I just cant see paying 3999.00 for a yuneec 18x zoom cam just to test too see if it works on H or Q drone. That is really over priced in the market of zoom cameras. Just as an example for that price you can get a heck of a good thermal imaging camera, actually 2 for that price.

Hmm....maybe I just found a niche to make money building zoom cameras and plug and play mounts for the Q H and 920 for say 500.00 a pop. Hmm.... lets see start with this:
http://www.robotshop.com/en/nuav-zoom-camera-drones.html?gclid=CO_Wx7Wezs8CFQokhgodwKcCUA 99.00
or this one :
FPV Model Complete 10X Optical Zoom Camera in Plastic Case 3.9-39mm 700TVL (NTSC) 229.00
add a mount buy as replacement parts and put together 125.00 for all needed parts.
After assembly and testing max out of pocket say 300.00 to build. Sell on market place for 500.00 ready to slip on and install which looks just like the Yuneec zoom camera.

So how come 4000.00 for a yuneec zoom camera, or inspire etc... ?

Cheers

Sad Yuneec has not release a Zoom camera for H or Q since they already have one for the 920. Seems like they just do not here the market place customers. But then again the yuneec zoom camera is outrageously priced. I just cant see paying 3999.00 for a yuneec 18x zoom cam just to test too see if it works on H or Q drone. That is really over priced in the market of zoom cameras. Just as an example for that price you can get a heck of a good thermal imaging camera, actually 2 for that price.

Hmm....maybe I just found a niche to make money building zoom cameras and plug and play mounts for the Q H and 920 for say 500.00 a pop. Hmm.... lets see start with this:
http://www.robotshop.com/en/nuav-zoom-camera-drones.html?gclid=CO_Wx7Wezs8CFQokhgodwKcCUA 99.00
or this one :
FPV Model Complete 10X Optical Zoom Camera in Plastic Case 3.9-39mm 700TVL (NTSC) 229.00
add a mount buy as replacement parts and put together 125.00 for all needed parts.
After assembly and testing max out of pocket say 300.00 to build. Sell on market place for 500.00 ready to slip on and install which looks just like the Yuneec zoom camera.

So how come 4000.00 for a yuneec zoom camera, or inspire etc... ?

Cheers
Those you have linked are analog output, low resolution cameras. OK for FPV but not for creating good video.

Yes you are correct, but do you wish to spend 3999.00 or more just to have a zoom on your H or Q?
I do have an alternate camera but you are going to spend 1500 to build mount and add camera. See below. So you would sell this ready to use on Q and H for about 2000.00 or so......
Blackmagic Design Micro Cinema Camera CINECAMMICHDMFT B&H Photo

Point is if you want to spend that then go buy a drone and camera system for 10000 or more. But if you want to just have a zoom camera system for general use then this would be the high end I would ever spend for a camera system.

Cheers

Batfire,

The majority of the IR cameras we are being shown for multirotor use are at least 10 year old technology, have terrible resolution, use components the makers are trying to dump since nobody else will buy them, and have a tendency to over heat if operated too long. How do I know? I used them when they were fading from the field.

As for what we are being charged, it's simply a matter of business. The market for them is very small so production is also on a small scale, and likely interrupting normal production items that sell in higher volumes. There's also the standard production profit model where the first point of sale is worth 5 times the /unit production cost, and it just goes up with each additional point in the distribution process. Then there's code development and software integration to contend with. For the minimal volume involved with these things you can't make money unless the margin is very high. Buying for a buck and selling for two is bad business when you only sell a few of something, and even worse business if anyone else has to be paid from those proceeds.

Zoom cameras/lenses, superb gimbals, and multi spectral cameras are out there, and can be adapted for our use but the prices of the good stuff are considerably higher than what spruced up hobby grade multirotor companies are selling their stuff for. A full package that's ready to integrate with our little toys would run over $10k, and our little toys do not have the reserve lift capability to carry all they require to operate, or the power source to make them function.

Marketing is a funny thing. People will buy anything if it's packaged and presented attractively. How many times have you seen a seductively clad, beautiful sales person at a car dealership? How many post processes has an advertisement picture or video been through before the public sees it? How many gorgeous house wives are dressed to the 9's when mopping the floor at home? All of them got you looking at the products you buy though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval