Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Sporadic video

Reaction score
Merry Christmas Fellow Pilots! I just reviewed the first video from my Q5004k. Very disappointing! It looked like stop action frames with digital distortion occurring here and there. As I'm trying to figure out what is wrong i decided to research the micro SD card. It is a PNY 32GB Micro SD. The reviews are underwhelming. The stills look fine, but the video is not going to cut it. Please advise.

Use the magnifying glass icon near the upper right corner of the screen. If you do a search on "SD card", or similar, you will find a ton of information. This gets talked about a LOT on this forum. Sorry, but I shoot stills all the time, so I'm not much of a resource for the subject. Good luck with it.

Reactions: SkySpy
Lots of people blame the craft for this, but it usually happens because either the card or the playback device are not powerful enough to do 4K. You need a U3 card and pretty powerful computer to play back and edit that.

Reactions: Jafo
Use the magnifying glass icon near the upper right corner of the screen. If you do a search on "SD card", or similar, you will find a ton of information. This gets talked about a LOT on this forum. Sorry, but I shoot stills all the time, so I'm not much of a resource for the subject. Good luck with it.
Hello Tom! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I have a question for your mechanical wizardry in regards to this aircraft. I noticed that my camera points a little to the left of my aircraft's forward axis. Can I correct this? Also, in regards to still photos, does the Q500 have the ability to do multiple burst of photos of a scene? I see where most of the DJI craft can do this. According to one pilot's video, stacking images in aligned layers of a scene will improve the image quality. My initial assessment of the Q500 images is that I find them a bit noisy and lack detail in the shadows.

SkySpy,
The bad news is that I am a mechanic, but not much of a photographer or an electronics tech. Those folks will need go give you a better answer.
I don't believe the CGo3 will do burst mode, but again, one of the very experienced photographers on this forum may provide a different answer.
The camera pointing left is a calibration issue. The quick answer is sending it to a repair center for recalibration. I don't know of anything we can do as users that will help, but someone else may. I can say that I have had a couple of cameras that did this for awhile, and fixed themselves, but I had no idea what caused the problem, or why it went away.

Here is the only real help I can offer. Relatively few people will see this post in its current location. You need to start a new thread to get a much broader viewing of your issue. You really need to make TWO new threads, since there are really two issues, and are best addressed by people of two different skill sets.

At least this is a good time of day to post something new. The forum's morning "rush hour" is just beginning.
Sorry I couldn't offer anything better than this.

Reactions: SkySpy
Guessing you have the Cgo3 camera.....
The left hand tilt is a known issue and there are many posts here on the site regarding that problem.It usually happens after a hard bump or crash.
As was already mentioned by AeroJ... most of the playback issues are related to the player being used or not enough ram memory to process the info cleanly. Try "Windows media player CLASSIC." Classic is key here.
The Cgo3 camera works okay but most will admit the Cgo2 was better at capturing clearer video and pics.
I am not the guy to tell you about the camera or its limits.
Others here with much more experience in video and pic editing will chime in soon enough
You have a decent bird in the Q500. Keep at it my friend.
You'll have the issues worked out soon I'm sure.
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

Reactions: Khel72
I ran into the same problem . I got a tab from AT&T to play the videos from the sd card. When I tried to play I got the same thing . Took it back and got the iPad because it plays 4k. Video play back was perfect.

SkySpy,
The bad news is that I am a mechanic, but not much of a photographer or an electronics tech. Those folks will need go give you a better answer.
I don't believe the CGo3 will do burst mode, but again, one of the very experienced photographers on this forum may provide a different answer.
The camera pointing left is a calibration issue. The quick answer is sending it to a repair center for recalibration. I don't know of anything we can do as users that will help, but someone else may. I can say that I have had a couple of cameras that did this for awhile, and fixed themselves, but I had no idea what caused the problem, or why it went away.

Here is the only real help I can offer. Relatively few people will see this post in its current location. You need to start a new thread to get a much broader viewing of your issue. You really need to make TWO new threads, since there are really two issues, and are best addressed by people of two different skill sets.

At least this is a good time of day to post something new. The forum's morning "rush hour" is just beginning.
Sorry I couldn't offer anything better than this.
Hello Tom, Thanks once again for your input! I can always count on you for good advice. I may have told you I'm a retired photographer working at a local GMC dealer as a sales consultant. I have lunch with our mechanics almost daily. Of all the people working there, they are my favorite group. I have a tremendous respect for these guys! Some of them could be comedians but when it comes to their craft, they are very devoted professionals and like you they are always very generous with their time and advice. I doubt this camera have a photo burst capability, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Not sure that the technique would help that much but i'm always looking for was to improve the original raw file. I may at some point consider upgrading to a craft with a 1" sensor, but i want to limit the amount of money I spend on something that could be lost to a fly-away or mechanical failure. I hope you had a great Christmas! Happy New Year!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval